TTK 1.0 is dead, TTK 2.0 is live tomorrow

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    7057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm in the minority but I got used to the TTD. Whatever they did in the last major update fixed something. Yes, TTD was still low but it wasn't infuriating anymore.

Interesting, I honestly haven't noticed any real difference. Constantly being one tapped by pistols sucks or firing first with a smg and still dying to a pistol.

There probably wasnt any change. But the first time you experienced this TTD probably was much more infuriating than it is now. You kind of get used to it after a while and forget to rage about it. Lol
  • SirSpectacle
    819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It really feels as if the Battlefield "Live Service" is just a codeword for Early Access. Usually Early Access games are cheaper for early buyers, but Electronic Arts is always innovative and has decided to reverse that and instead charge late buyers less than early adopters.

Jokes aside, I think it's better to push these kinds of tests to the main game and not just a CTE that's only played by a small minority. It should become obvious pretty quickly if the new TTK means a better or worse experience when so many players are testing it.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Obviously (in English) it will now take longer to kill other players. TTK will be slowed/increased. The "Core Servers" will be running the original TTK that we have been using up until now these potentially will form the basis of future "hardcore" servers.

It's a rollercoaster ride eh?
    Obviously (in English) it will now take longer to kill other players. TTK will be slowed/increased. The "Core Servers" will be running the original TTK that we have been using up until now these potentially will form the basis of future "hardcore" servers.

It's a rollercoaster ride eh?

It's classic DICE, they get complaints about something which might or might not need to be changed to improve the game (a lot of people seem to complain just to hear the sound of their own voice) and then overreact, nerfing or buffing something too much. Then, later, they realize they went too far so they have to roll back the change, e.g. when they realize players have stopped using the nerfed weapon which is no longer worth equipping--rinse and repeat.
  • abc1434286920
    448 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    I'm so excited

I like to think "highly engaged portion of our community" is code word for vocal minority. If not, then why even make changes to the TTK. Clearly the majority of player are not happy with the current TTK 1.0.

Well that's some awesome statistical analysis there. I mean the 1000+ vote survey Sirland posted which clearly showed 65% of the community favoured the current TTK is garbage. We'll just throw it out the window Oskool has given something much more analytical.

Funny, when bf1 ttk was changed and there was an overwhelming negative feedback in these forums you were first to note that the forums did not represent the community as it was a very small sample. But 650+ (supposedly unique) people does?

I have gotten used to the ttk (except when playing sniper) and find that two separate server settings will divide the community. But let's see.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Getier wrote: »
    I hope we will see less proneheroes after the ttk changes.

It will make recon clase useless unless they re balance the bolt action damage models in the new TTK. Recon is already fairly weak class with the current TTK.

Aim for the head, problem solved.
  • danosta
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    Getier wrote: »
    I hope we will see less proneheroes after the ttk changes.

It will make recon clase useless unless they re balance the bolt action damage models in the new TTK. Recon is already fairly weak class with the current TTK.

Aim for the head, problem solved.

Said by stodeh
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    What about starting with more ammo?. Higher TTK = More lead.
  • Naskoni
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, I guess it's a good thing I had more time around the game's release to play it a bunch before they stupidify it in a desperate attempt to fix their sales.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Going to be a Circus for the next 2 years as DICE just can't leave anything alone.

Fix the game first.
  • SneakyGunman
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    He also refers to "the new playlist" being for players who prefer the current TTK 1.0, and that it will be the new "Hardcore experience". So clearly the new TTK changes are going to increase the TTK, not lower it.

I think you've got it backwards - the "New Playlist" is the Conquest Core list with TTK 1.0, and THAT's what will become the new "Hardcore experience".
    If the old system is becoming "hardcore", that means that they're making TTK SLOWER in the base/regular game, not faster.

Slowing the TTK is actually increasing TTK. You both are saying the same thing.
  • danosta
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What about starting with more ammo?. Higher TTK = More lead.

I can't imagine that the bullets to kill increase will be more than one for any given weapon so I don't know if this would be necessary.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm so excited

I like to think "highly engaged portion of our community" is code word for vocal minority. If not, then why even make changes to the TTK. Clearly the majority of player are not happy with the current TTK 1.0.

Well that's some awesome statistical analysis there. I mean the 1000+ vote survey Sirland posted which clearly showed 65% of the community favoured the current TTK is garbage. We'll just throw it out the window Oskool has given something much more analytical.

But then there's the butt loads more of casual players who bought this game that don't bother with frequenting official forums,reddit, nor surveys . They just buy the game every year regardless cause they love to blow steam after work or on days off.
    The only way to prove which ttk is the most popular is for Dice to track data which I'm 100% sure is happening instead of relying on those thousand plus hardcore BF players because you know........they'renot the whole community.
    I couldn't care less either way,just as long as ttd is better.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This seems like an effort to bring in some more players. I hope it doesn't backfire and they actually lose them.
  • Hawxxeye
    7778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know if I'm in the minority but I got used to the TTD. Whatever they did in the last major update fixed something. Yes, TTD was still low but it wasn't infuriating anymore.
    I still die from full autos in a single visual and sound frame of hitmarkers.
  • danosta
    If players want something more hardcore then they should go play World War 3. Battlefield for a long time has been to appeal to the mass audiences. This is a bi-annualized game put out by ea what do you expect.
  • Hawxxeye
    7778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It really feels as if the Battlefield "Live Service" is just a codeword for Early Access. Usually Early Access games are cheaper for early buyers, but Electronic Arts is always innovative and has decided to reverse that and instead charge late buyers less than early adopters.

Jokes aside, I think it's better to push these kinds of tests to the main game and not just a CTE that's only played by a small minority. It should become obvious pretty quickly if the new TTK means a better or worse experience when so many players are testing it.
    Several people have analyzed how all this "live service" is for EA for the sake of rushing incomplete games without being yelled at as much.
    I would not be surpised if they already roped dice to begin developing a battlefront 3 or some extra BF title for next year
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I still die from full autos in a single visual and sound frame of hitmarkers.

Sometimes it's just so random. You can have a medic shooting at you first from behind, turn and kill him fast. Other times it's you dying from some lame gun seemingly across the map in one shot. Someone posted this before but it seems more like a dice roll instead of rock-paper-scissors. DICE roll!
  • DewrZ
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I gathered the whole point of the current TTK system was for players to be more tactical, to move slower, check your corners and take advantage of the fortification system(which has turned out to be pretty bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)? Are we going to now have a system like BF1 where players with the fastest guns run in like maniacs and tear up the place? My gun of choice is the Gewehr 1-5, does that mean I go from a 3-4 shot kill to a 4-6 shot kill?

How are you going to be able to tag someone at long range with an assault rifle? After 2-3 hits they'll just step aside to avoid dying.

"How are people going to be punished for playing like f**king idiots?" xgmoneydtx

I realize it currently isn't live, but I'll tell you what a huge relief it was for myself and my clan mates when there were no changes to TTK last patch.
  • Naskoni
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice can you please buff grenade timers. I mean since guns now will shoot carrots, marshmallow, green peas and baby poop. I'd like to be able to use my grenade as primary. Thanks.

#NotMyTTK

No one is being forced to play the new TTK. They are moving that and making a separate game mode. Nice over there and stop with the childish hash tags

Well done to DICE for listening to the majority. Soon you will see how empty the old ttk serves will be and finally realise that the majority rule.

Nope, they are making the new TTK the STANDARD game across ALL modes, but they will pigeonhole the old TTK into a SINGLE mode called "Conquest Core".
This discussion has been closed.