TTK 1.0 is dead, TTK 2.0 is live tomorrow

Comments

• DewrZ
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    danosta wrote: »
    If players want something more hardcore then they should go play World War 3. Battlefield for a long time has been to appeal to the mass audiences. This is a bi-annualized game put out by ea what do you expect.

Uhmmm, really? The current system isn't even close to hardcore.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do we even know what the change will be? 1%, 5%, 10%?? No, we don't.
  • Naskoni
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    Do we even know what the change will be? 1%, 5%, 10%?? No, we don't.

Given that they consider the new TTK to be a completely different game and the game currently will be a separate mode I'm betting on 50% at least.
  • danosta
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DewrZ wrote: »
    danosta wrote: »
    If players want something more hardcore then they should go play World War 3. Battlefield for a long time has been to appeal to the mass audiences. This is a bi-annualized game put out by ea what do you expect.

Uhmmm, really? The current system isn't even close to hardcore.

By hardcore I meant more tactical more punishing and not casual. I did not mean hardcore where you die in 1 to 2 bullets.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    640?cb=20150320192210
    So true.
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Something tells me this will be a disaster the majority of the community likes the current ttk. What happens when I want to play tdm with the old ttk I won't sounds like only conquest will be available with old ttk.
  • gamma_greeen
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    current TTK accepted who playing with console bois. in PC,it is horrible.
    PC gamers want rough war in BF. CS:GO fill the role of skill competition.
    BF5 designed by pro gamer.but good player as a professional do not choose BF for their activity fields.
    actually, he live Streaming COD,overwatch.it means not pro gamer but youtuber.
    as a result,everything has done by halves.

so DICE should design it roughly roughly roughly.
    I am looking forward to comback C4 kamikaze.
  • ItsMeJamige
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Good. The game is easy but frustrating to play because of all the cheap kills that result from the CoD4-like TTK. They need to stop catering to the lowest common denominator, i.e., the player who cannot control recoil and needs to rely on who-sees-whom-first to get cheap kills.

The current TTK is closer to the previous BF titles. Increasing the TTK will move it closer to the TTK associated with the COD series.

The CoD series has always been fast TTK, which is exactly why it's so popular among the worst players in the world (especially console players who can't aim without aim assists), because the fast TTK ensures that even they get cheap kills from time to time.
    Cod has a fast ttk because the netcode can handle it!

CoD has a fast TTK because it's mostly played by cripples. It's no wonder the OP here is a console player who wants the game to "assist" him to get frags. Us PC players prefer to do the hard work ourselves through superior aim and recoil control.

Wow, typical PC elitist talk here. Lots of console players play without aim assist. And lol at "doing the hard work". It's already been proven that console players jumping onto PC are better than PC players jumping onto console. But keep on lying to yourself.
  • Phugazi
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    NO TIME FOR LOGIC! SPECULATE AND RAGE! SPECULATE AND RAGE!

Followed by...QUIT!

• Pillownaut
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    XgmoneydtX wrote: »
    Stop changing **** because the bad players of the game spam chat with how unfair everything is!
    Well, I bet this is what made them change the TTK in BF1 too. The "bad players" cried and got their way.
    TTK, like any other game mechanic, is a balancing act. If everybody (100% of the player base) are 10% unhappy, you've got balance. If half the playerbase is 100% happy and the other half is 50-60-70% unhappy you have to do something.
    I did not like them changing the TTK in BF1, but i understand why they do these things. Kudos to DICE.

• Narfiam
    198 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good news for me.
  • pinchylillobster
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is why I've stopped preordering battlefield games and give it a about a month after release before I consider purchasing the next title. Massive, game play altering changes are never fun to deal with. Shouldn't this have been dealt with in beta?
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    moose004 wrote: »
    My guess is that they're increasing it at least slightly, because the "Conquest Core" servers he mentioned were the ones that, it was implied, will be the start of a "Hardcore" experience.

My question is, why did this game not have a set of test servers ready to test stuff like this, as BF4 and BF1 did? This is the perfect kind of thing to get dropped on community test servers for a week or two before wide release.

Lol that's BS. They added it because they can't fix issues with TTD( Time to death)
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    "We also recognize that a highly engaged portion of our community prefers the current damage model as it is. To account for this, we have set up a new server playlist called “Conquest Core”."

Atleast we get the option to play on old and aren't deep pp'ing us for our money.
  • sparky2172
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm in the minority but I got used to the TTD. Whatever they did in the last major update fixed something. Yes, TTD was still low but it wasn't infuriating anymore.
    I still die from full autos in a single visual and sound frame of hitmarkers.

That's still how a majority of my deaths are as well, I get the feedback on my side of getting sniped or shotgunned (practically instant) from any gun at any range and oftentimes it's something like a sten which can't kill that quick at the range I'm dying, and it occurs way too often for myself to be conveniently catching some crossfire right before said enemy shoots me when 85% of my deaths are still in this manner.

Based on the bullets to kill etc. It seems like this TTK would be fine if TTD was fixed, which may not be possible witout making take longer to kill enemies in general but Im not sure how that'd be the case when other BF titles didn't have it this bad (at least for me) with stuff like the AEK or automatico being in them.

• JamieCurnock
    737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The new ttk is on all servers except ones titled 'Conquest Core' from what I could tell. Does anyone know if this means that the current ttk will only be available in Conquest game mode? Was 'Conquest Core' just an example?

Can we play breakthrough for instance with the old ttk then change to a server with the new ttk to compare? Breakthrough core I guess!?

• Al3xDaS0uL
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the TTK is a bit on the fast side, and the One frame deaths happens WAY to much.. So in my oppinion this is a good move..
  • John_Milano-182-
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    XgmoneydtX wrote: »
    I have literally never in forums or in chat actually tried to address something with DICE but this warrants it. Stop changing **** because the bad players of the game spam chat with how unfair everything is! People voted to keep TTK the same and they're just telling everyone to **** themselves. TTD is a problem "sometimes" yes a 1 frame death is a little bit of an issue but not enough to destroy the rest of the game. I'm a huge BF fan and have already put 125hrs into BFV. It's one of my favorite FPS of all time and they're gonna ruin it. My favorite thing about this game that was different from the last one was the TTK. "I can't react when I'm getting shot" is one of the stupidest ***ing complaints there is. YOU'RE GETTING SHOT! And a lot of times those fast deaths have a headshot or two in there. YOU SHOULD DIE FROM THAT! My fav game of the year and I'm seriously about ready to boycott it. Adjusting everything to be so noob friendly is like handing out participation trophies. Here let me reward you for not practicing to get better, not playing smart, and doing an incredible amount of complaining in chat. Oh you're good at the game? Sorry it's unfair that you're this good and you need a handicap. Un****ing believable.

Increasing the TTK will simply make it harder to get CHEAP kills. You can still get frags so long as manage to OUTGUN the opponent rather than just seeing him before he sees you.

It's not a coincidence that the hardest games out there like Quake have a high TTK while all casual shooters (CoD, BF) have a very low TTK. Even in CSGO seeing your opponent before he sees you means jack ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ if you can't control your gun's recoil (which is much harder than in casual shooters).
This discussion has been closed.