** (HotFix incoming) You are spotted for 5 seconds when you get a kill

Comments

• nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I know I’m definitely in the minority, but I think there has to be some semblance of spotting in a game like this where enemy visibility is almost nonexistent.
    I agree with you, but why should you get spotted for killing somebody? Your'e punished for being good?
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I was playing a game o Hamada earlier and this scout sat at this far away tower spotting the whole enemy team while we captured a point. They had no chance.
    And it shows how scouts can help with the objectives even though I'm completely against any type of spotting.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tomorrow with the death spotting hot fix it's probably going to increase the skill ceiling a little more. I'm excited about this fix.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol can't wait
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So players think this is what is getting them killed, LOL, like those streams of tracers they're hosing around aren't a tip-off for the other team, or maybe they think nobody is using chat to let their squad know what just happened. "Completely destroys gameplay"--man, what a bunch of drama queens. Have they already forgotten that in previous games just firing put them on the minimap without even getting a kill?

And you forgot about the existence of surpressors in bf3 and bf4 and the complete removal of firing exposing you on the mini map in bf1.

And yea... on console you know how often randoms chat with each other? Like never. So odds are you didnt kill a guy who was in a communicating squad and if you killed a guy in cqb with good accuracy there won't be tracer rounds for others to really see. Yes they will hear the gun fire and see the dead body of their teammate but they are more likely to attempt a revive on that person then to look for you.

This is a legitimate complaint and honestly only helps noobs get kills on good players who would otherwise be tearing up their back line.

He's just trying to come off as a BA. Obviously he didn't bother reading this whole thread because there were several legitimate reasons why it needs to be removed beyond camping and the "durr durr durr, that's not really why you are dying" nonsense was brought up on page one.

It's the hyperbole that gets me--It destroys the game!--well no, it doesn't, it's just another annoyance for some players and apparently they're going to change it anyway. And actually I don't like it and legitimate reasons are not interchangeable terms especially when so many of you ignore every point you disagree with. None of you knows why this is in the game, whether it's a bug or they put it in on purpose, and none of you knows how often you were spotted by a Recon's spotting scope or your own tracers etc., and those of you in games with players using VOIP don't know if the guy you killed dropped a dime on you, nor do you know how many players even keep an eye on the minimap (in some games it seems like my teammates ignore it totally). You're making assumptions based on your likes and dislikes and ignoring whatever doesn't support what you want to believe (like the spot doesn't follow you as you move). Your personal anecdotes are also no more meaningful than those which discount your claim, e.g. I sat in a stone tower on Hamada a few days ago and got eleven kills without moving, why didn't those eleven spots result in my death? At my age I'm not going to win many twitch-shooting fights, so there's nothing I like more than flanking the other team and taking some snipers tags, but this overblown display of paranoia mingled with arrogance is not something I'm going to join even though this mechanic presumably hurts my play style. Until it's gone I'll make a point of moving after every kill if possible, some of you will prefer to tear your hair and wail at the unfairness of it all, so be it.

We do know why it is in the game because the Devs said why its in the game. It was intentional at one point and they decided against it but then forgot to remove it.

Call outs in this game are not what they were in previous battlefields. This isn't the same situation where you can just sit there and watch the red outline and tell your friend exactly where the enemy is. You see who killed you for a very brief moment in the kill cam and if you miss it or can't make sense of it you are out of luck. I play with friends on comms and in BF1 you could tell them where the person that killed you was with pinpoint accuracy. In this game its a lot of "I think". "I think he got me from behind that tree", "I think he was in that building on the left".
  • KumanoChinpei
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I never thought it gets fixed fast like this. Good.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tomorrow with the death spotting hot fix it's probably going to increase the skill ceiling a little more. I'm excited about this fix.

Me too. I'm actually holding back from playing until tomorrow lol
  • Skitelz7
  • BaronVonGoon
    6990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    *He just put up the announcement

The only thing is why no announcement for the patch tomorrow? I mean Florian said there will be a patch tomorrow to fix this. But usually we have Mitre put up a thread about a patch the day before.
  • Skitelz7
    The only thing is why no announcement for the patch tomorrow? I mean Florian said there will be a patch tomorrow to fix this. But usually we have Mitre put up a thread about a patch the day before.

See above.
  • JamieCurnock
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had an update on Xbox today, not sure if it was for this?

A downloadable update or a UI update?

It was a UI update, no idea what it was for tho if there is one today for the minimap spotting bug.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok troops... good work. Next issue to complain about. Horrible spotting flares! Let's goooo
  • BaronVonGoon
    Ok troops... good work. Next issue to complain about. Horrible spotting flares! Let's goooo

I proposed we riot about the new ttk but I was overruled
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because it's Hamada. You need a passport to travel across the bridge and I'm not doing it even if you kill me 5 times. Try and do that on any other map. And you're trying too hard to lessen the impact of this spotting bug/feature issue and highlight recon spotting and teammates making callouts which are both much much less prevalent (Not to mention the latter doesnt result in 2d minimap spotting).

The minimap has been lighting up like a Christmas tree since this game released... and you're saying its recon spotting? Come on... There are so many contrarian carls on these forums if we surveyed here there would likely be more believers in flat earth here than there would be in the general population. You're saying people are ignoring points they disagree with. Not true. They ignore points that are illogical, that don't jive with reality.

There is a problem. A spotting plague. There are giant threads on Reddit about it and this one.

Can you provide credible backup for the claim that players alerting their squad mates to your location when you kill them is "much less prevalent"? Is there hard data somewhere showing how many players die because their tracers gave them away or whatever? No? So you're assuming that it's the minimap spot that's almost always responsible. You're smart enough to run the tape (to use an old tournament paintball expression) and flank the other team, but they're not smart enough to figure out what you've done and go looking for you based on the sound of your shots, your visible tracers, reports from teammates, recon spotting and so on, it's all because of a little red dot that briefly appears on the map. Naturally anyone who doesn't buy your unsupported claim clearly believes the earth is flat because how else could anyone not agree with you? Of course sometimes it's that minimap spot, I'm not denying that, but neither of us knows how often that is the explanation rather than all the other ways your opponents could know where you are. The difference is I'm not pretending I know how often that spot is responsible for my deaths, and you are. In any event this feature/bug is going away according to DICE.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I don't want the ttk to change
  • Skitelz7

I don't want the ttk to change

Me neither.
    I want them to make the bipoded mmgs less accurate though!
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I played for a couple of hours earlier and the game is so much different with this "feature" gone. Its actually kind of amazing how many people must have been watching the map pre patch. Today I felt like a ninja and I survived so many situations that I would have died in yesterday and it kind of blows my mind. I felt fairly confident that this was a problem but it was definitely good to have the game play out differently.

A couple of good examples.

I was on the C flag of Fjell on the E flag side. There were about 10 of the enemy coming from E to C and I was in the first house with three of the four walls and roof broken down. There was only one wood wall between them and I. I knew they were there but they didn't know I was there and kept peeking and taking them out but not one of them immediately looked around the wall and killed me like they would have yesterday.

I was on the A flag on Twisted Steel heading up to the bridge and two to three squads were pouring off the bridge down to A. They all were filtering past me and I was killing them as they ran down the hill away from me. I got 4-5 of them before one ran into me and then realized I was there. No one else even turned around on their team to see why they were dying.

The game just feels different. You can work your way toward an objective killing from cover to cover and not have to worry about getting wall hacked.
  • HardAimedKid
    This was fixed today??
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I Just see more Camper. Special bipod Users
  • theONEFORCE
    herodes87 wrote: »
    I Just see more Camper. Special bipod Users

Whether or not it benefited campers, it needed to go.