No anti cheat in BFV, why? Sick of playing aimbot/wallhack cheats taking the fun out of the game

BadBudgieSmuggla
252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Hi. I'm finding it frustrating with the increasing amount of cheats in online gaming in general but in this case with Battlefield V. Last night in a server of 32 i'm confident at least 6 players were fullblown aimbot users. I find the quality of online play is very low. It's bottom of the barrel gaming. I know there will always be cheats in gaming but it's the responsibilty of companies that release and manage these games online to help maintain a level playing field to make the games fun for everyone not just cheats. It appears there is no anti cheat like fairfight in BF1 where apparently they were issuing bans for cheating. I think EA has given up, handed the game cheats and refuses to invest any small amount towards anti cheat systems and policies. I feel cheated in a sense as i like to play online but it becomes a negative experience when yopu play a lot of cheats. Didn't pay money for that and i stopped buying Fifa ( 3 years ago) due to EA's inability to tackle lag cheating in FUT and i won't be buying any future Battlefields. Companies like Ubisoft seem to take the issue seriously in Rainbow Six Siege and communicate with their community on action they take. EA seems to want everyone just to ignore the fact lots of aimbot cheats ruin the fun for others just so they can save some money rather than invest in anti cheat. It's really a bad image for their brand and Dice too. I simply don't entertain buying any other EA titles as i don't feel any brand loyalty. Same with Dice. If i saw their name on a game it wouldn't steer me to buy that game. Companies should take more responsibilty and maintain fair play not just talk about it or have a report cheating system that they frankly just ignore any reports. EA and Dice seem to not want to ban cheats. Why? Can look at Fifa, BF4(probably the worst for cheats) BF1 and now BFV which i'm close to asking for a refund for. Don't feel i should pay my money to end up playing lots of gamers with an unfair advantage. That's not fun. Look forward to the simpletons coming out with "get good" etc. This isn't about how good or bad i am. I'm an average player. But even the best players can't avoid getting killed by someone with highly tuned aimbot. It's a shame because what could be really good competitive games end up being really crap and i lose interest quickly. Certainly wouldn't be buying extras for the game when you have to play cheats. Look forward to others thoughts on why EA has abandoned anti cheat

Comments

• NamelessForNow
    1433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fair fight is the anti cheat.
  • CPU_UK
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most, but not all, perceived cheating is down to the squiffy netcode. Unfortunately the netcode does mask a lot of cheating players at the moment.
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Okay. But where is Fairfight? It's not really doing anything if it's there at all. I've been gaming long enough to be able to identify aimbot cheats. I'm not paranoid and don't go into a game looking for it can just tell. I have a good sense of the diffeence between really good players and auto aim cheats. It's not rocket science. I just don't see any anti cheat in this game. It's like they are too cheap to invest in working policies
  • hawkseye17
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've yet to see one cheater in this game.
  • impulsive_tango
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    I've yet to see one cheater in this game.

Lucky you! Can I rub your head?
  • zyn1k3r
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wow. Today after patch it really struck me. People with 100/7, 77/13 etc. k/ds. No. Not vehicle-****. Joined about 5 games and in every round there was at least one obvious cheater. One russian guy even admitted it directly and loled. WTF is wrong here?
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    zyn1k3r wrote: »
    Wow. Today after patch it really struck me. People with 100/7, 77/13 etc. k/ds. No. Not vehicle-****. Joined about 5 games and in every round there was at least one obvious cheater. One russian guy even admitted it directly and loled. WTF is wrong here?

Exactly. The problem is EA/Dice don't want to take the action to combat cheating as it's an extra expense they probably don't deem worthwhile. They just take our money and want to give as little back as possible. I'm not a fan of either company. Like i said i'll avoid giving them my money. I do like the Battlefield games just think online play has gone downhill. In R6 Siege it's enjoyable and you know Ubisoft are actually doing something. That's all we can ask for
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The new traffic police is a yearly questionnaire that you must answer:
    1. Were you speeding? (yes/no)

If no, then thank you for your compliance with the law.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Check out the leaderboards on www.battlefieldtracker.com Check out TOP accuracy...some players with 170% accuracy.
  • NamelessForNow
    1433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Okay. But where is Fairfight? It's not really doing anything if it's there at all. I've been gaming long enough to be able to identify aimbot cheats. I'm not paranoid and don't go into a game looking for it can just tell. I have a good sense of the diffeence between really good players and auto aim cheats. It's not rocket science. I just don't see any anti cheat in this game. It's like they are too cheap to invest in working policies

Yep. A little message in the chat box like they did in BF1 would be nice. Just to let you know that they're there. I know they analyze stats to determine if someone is cheating or not.

I looked up someone's stats the other night because I suspected him and numerous others were calling him out. He/she was rank 50 with @72 hours played and 75% of his lmg/mmg kills were headshots. Don't know what other stats you need.
  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it amazes me how a lot of ppl take fairfight for granted or think it sucks.

don't you guys remember the old battlefield days where it was just punkbuster? headshot after headshot by ppl using a pistol or crossbow from their spawn point all the way to the other end of the map.

or masskill/instakill hacks in bf2

etc

fairfight is as good as it's going to get because we don't see those players anymore. sure there are still hackers but they are trying to look legit to avoid fairfight ban. and those dumb hackers that go 500-1 immediately get the ban hammer.
  • HiredRanger
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Check out the leaderboards on www.battlefieldtracker.com Check out TOP accuracy...some players with 170% accuracy.

'Icecream is cheap in winter'. Is about as relevant as that comment. I did similar with a particular weapon in B4. Didnt get 100 to 10 kills though.
  • JDjitsu
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    vcm0x wrote: »

don't you guys remember the old battlefield days where it was just punkbuster? headshot after headshot by ppl using a pistol or crossbow from their spawn point all the way to the other end of the map.

etc

fairfight is as good as it's going to get because we don't see those players anymore. sure there are still hackers but they are trying to look legit to avoid fairfight ban. and those dumb hackers that go 500-1 immediately get the ban hammer.

Exactly. Like I mentioned in another QQ thread the other day, if you go onto the hacker's forums there are countless ppl whining about being banned by FF. Yeah, you might come across hackers(i think I have once or twice but hard to tell without spectating)but I have faith they're not lasting more than a game or two. My suggestion to ppl who aren't used to online fps gaming yet, instead of blowing a gasket and getting high blood pressure, report and move to another server. It's not like there are a bunch of hackers in BF5 atm. Nothing like CS used to be for eg. And know guys, there ARE many ppl much better than you, better hardware, internet etc. Plus the code is a bit wonky and lag/packet loss makes fps games do weird things sometimes. Also, people just don't want to hear the freaking out and QQing all the time. Just know, most of us roll our eyes when we hear HACKER!!!OMG!!!1111
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    edited December 2018
    JDjitsu wrote: »
    Exactly. Like I mentioned in another QQ thread the other day, if you go onto the hacker's forums there are countless ppl whining about being banned by FF. Yeah, you might come across hackers(i think I have once or twice but hard to tell without spectating)but I have faith they're not lasting more than a game or two.

So, you have faith that these guys are not lasting more than a game or two? What is this guy playing, 8 hour games?

https://ibb.co/s2FLXD4

He has sixteen hours after his reset. Ten rounds since Battlefieldtracker.com started listing games. So much for your faith.

One of his recent matches. 109-0 ain't bad, is it?

https://ibb.co/DYYcny5

Again, he has ten rounds listed just on BFtracker...What was that, "I have faith they're not lasting more than a game or two?"

How about this player's stats with the sniper rifles?

https://ibb.co/frHBD6K

1344 shots, 3807 hits with the model 8.
    350 shots, 973 hits with the ZH-29
    158 shots, 424 hits with the Lee Enfield

Oh, let me guess, he is not lasting more than a game or two, right?
  • Red_Label_Scotch

What about those 100-1 guys? Let me guess, they immediately get the banhammer?
  • BadBudgieSmuggla

etc

With most of these guys using vpn's and have different systems to play on do bans work anyway? Pretty sure a proper hacker will know a way around bans. For some kid who bought hack software probably a different story. I like to think they are still issuing bans. I think fairfight probablly is as good as it gets I was even questioning whether they'd abandoned it completely. That's why i made the post in the first place
  • ALPHAZ_SplitOmni
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Aimbots are of course really annoying, or those who tune them so just every 4th shot is a head shot (too better camouflage that their cheating ), but spot cheating is really ruining the game for me. Flanking and such is a big part of this game, but I think in most games now someone are using spot cheats. Its easy too spot. You can even just hide in an obscure location on the map and see if someone "randomly" finds you there.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12840 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
This discussion has been closed.