TTK 1.0 is dead, TTK 2.0 is live tomorrow

Comments

• spartanx169x
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People have posted they are concerned about dividing the community, if the game has a healthy population then it dividing the community will have zero impact. Also over time the more popular choice will become more evident and it will still work it self out.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone know if this means that the current ttk will only be available in Conquest game mode? Was 'Conquest Core' just an example?

Haha good catch. Yeah so for those of us who are playing Breakthrough, Domination and Frontlines and prefer the current TTK we're .... out of luck. Current TTK relegated to side servers and ONLY conquest.
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    yes!!!I love this new, let kids play paintball
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    sparky2172 wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm in the minority but I got used to the TTD. Whatever they did in the last major update fixed something. Yes, TTD was still low but it wasn't infuriating anymore.
    I still die from full autos in a single visual and sound frame of hitmarkers.

That's still how a majority of my deaths are as well, I get the feedback on my side of getting sniped or shotgunned (practically instant) from any gun at any range and oftentimes it's something like a sten which can't kill that quick at the range I'm dying, and it occurs way too often for myself to be conveniently catching some crossfire right before said enemy shoots me when 85% of my deaths are still in this manner.

Based on the bullets to kill etc. It seems like this TTK would be fine if TTD was fixed, which may not be possible witout making take longer to kill enemies in general but Im not sure how that'd be the case when other BF titles didn't have it this bad (at least for me) with stuff like the AEK or automatico being in them.

Well said. The TTD issue is the biggest issue in the game right now. It isn't fun being one framed by a proned player with a mmg halfway across the map. If tweaking the ttk can bring TTD and TTK closer together, it will make for a much better experience, because the game is incredibly frustrating to play at times.

As long as this change reduces frustration with campers, I'm all for it.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    As a Recon main I feel this TTK change will only benefit me, as I’ll no longer get slayed by every weapon in the game at range.
    However I won’t be surprised if they somehow manage to nerf the Recon even more?

Regardless I’m actually very happy with the current ttk, they should just focus on a few select weapons, and not a whole redue
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oh yes, kids it's time to cry, I know that you like play with water guns, but this is war!!!
  • Pillownaut
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm so happy about this change I actually bought the game. Hoping for an alpha 2 TKK-like experience.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    tenor.gif.....
  • bran1986
    5405 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good to hear. And what's key, if you read his statement, he added "the most VOCAL members of the community prefer the damage model as is". "Vocal', meaning, "Reddit", who have a handful of "vocal" players, out of the millions who buy the game, who may feel much different, including me.

Those same "vocal' members, where over at CTE for BF1, voicing in favor of TTK 2.0, that was an abject failure, that in turn imploded playercounts. Good to see DICE is beginning too "get it". Maybe they sent out surveys at home for the majority of folks to voice their opinions. The game is unplayable in it's current state.

Funny thing is ttk 2.0 was universally hated on reddit when it was in the cte, but then certain groups of certain youtubers who wanted it would just down vote everyone to hell and back that had anything bad to say about ttk 2.0.

You could leave a well constructed feedback and within seconds you would already have 4 or 5 downvotes. The top comments would just be ttk 2.0 fans trashing anyone who didn't support the new ttk. So eventually the feedback was just getting pushed to the bottom of the page and people just quit leaving feedback.
  • bran1986
    5405 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    sparky2172 wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm in the minority but I got used to the TTD. Whatever they did in the last major update fixed something. Yes, TTD was still low but it wasn't infuriating anymore.
    I still die from full autos in a single visual and sound frame of hitmarkers.

That's still how a majority of my deaths are as well, I get the feedback on my side of getting sniped or shotgunned (practically instant) from any gun at any range and oftentimes it's something like a sten which can't kill that quick at the range I'm dying, and it occurs way too often for myself to be conveniently catching some crossfire right before said enemy shoots me when 85% of my deaths are still in this manner.

Based on the bullets to kill etc. It seems like this TTK would be fine if TTD was fixed, which may not be possible witout making take longer to kill enemies in general but Im not sure how that'd be the case when other BF titles didn't have it this bad (at least for me) with stuff like the AEK or automatico being in them.

Well said. The TTD issue is the biggest issue in the game right now. It isn't fun being one framed by a proned player with a mmg halfway across the map. If tweaking the ttk can bring TTD and TTK closer together, it will make for a much better experience, because the game is incredibly frustrating to play at times.

As long as this change reduces frustration with campers, I'm all for it.

I would love to see assault rifles and lmgs to get the same spread as smgs lol.
  • oxi_lu
    84 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The new ttk is on all servers except ones titled 'Conquest Core' from what I could tell. Does anyone know if this means that the current ttk will only be available in Conquest game mode? Was 'Conquest Core' just an example?

Can we play breakthrough for instance with the old ttk then change to a server with the new ttk to compare? Breakthrough core I guess!?

I really hope so. I'm quite okay with TTK1.0 and would like to keep on with it, but not if I have to play Conquest.
    Dice already has hidden the new map behind the Conquest game mode and if they now push the launch TTK into this mode as well I would have to either suck it up or move on (I rarely ever play CQ because I prefer Breakthrough or DOM)...
    Well, maybe it's time for something productive in my life again...
  • Pillownaut
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    tenor.gif.....

Tssss. You'll love it too. I'm convinced.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    danosta wrote: »
    If they are increasing TTK, might aswell just stop playing then.

Has anyone stopped to ask the question that may be the only way to fix to TTD is related to the current TTK? Why doesn't everyone just give the new TTK a chance before making an uninformed opinion. Give DICE some air to breathe.

This is likely the case, but it's still disappointing nonetheless.

I'll give the new changes a chance, hopefully they aren't too drastic, because there was nothing wrong with the TTK. But really, this is a perfect example of something you try on a CTE server first.
  • SirBobdk
    3699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really don't care anymore. This game is a mess and will take month to fix.
  • BaronVonGoon
    danosta wrote: »
    If they are increasing TTK, might aswell just stop playing then.

Has anyone stopped to ask the question that may be the only way to fix to TTD is related to the current TTK? Why doesn't everyone just give the new TTK a chance before making an uninformed opinion. Give DICE some air to breathe.

This is likely the case, but it's still disappointing nonetheless.

Yeah definitely disappointing. Especially considering its relegating this current TTK to side side servers and calling it 'Conquest Core' likely meaning it'll only be playable on conquest.

I'm still surprised how the overwhelming support we saw a couple of weeks ago for this current TTK when Florian first mentioned the possibility of a ttk change was simply side-stepped and labeled support by a "highly engaged portion of our community" like we're a bunch of rabid dogs. Lol
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Calling it now; massive knee jerk overeaction yet again.

So Dice has said since alpha that they will tweak the ttk with the community; people seemed fine with it at the time but now getting upset over it?

Server side they can do this; it's not a permanent change. They've given us the community to try it out and compare to provide feedback as to what we want.
    Gee the flip-floping of this community.

It's good they haven't detailed the changes so they can get ACTUAL and proper feedback because you will need to try it to know what's changed instead of making a thread like this.

I keen to try it out in both modes (32/64 players) and see how it goes. If it fixes up the TTD isn't that what you lot have been whining for? Forget that people other than yourself play the game.

Maybe it will make smgs more competitive and making camping harder (how often you get instagibbed by someone sitting in a corner with no chance to react?)

Maybe recon will get a better deal regarding objective play.

I wonder how many people whining about this are assault players and are afraid of getting knocked down a peg
  • trip1ex
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This is why I've stopped preordering battlefield games and give it a about a month after release before I consider purchasing the next title. Massive, game play altering changes are never fun to deal with. Shouldn't this have been dealt with in beta?

a month won't help you. They officially released ttk 2.0 on BF1 a good 14-15 months after release. A month is nothing. If you really want to not deal with massive gameplay altering changes you need a good year at least. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!