Vaulting needs to be improved

J_Musseman
31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Anyone else having issues vaulting over the smallest obstacles like out of a trench or over a 3ft snow bank? This has been one of the things that has annoyed me the most since the release. Even trying to climb on rocks or running up slightly steep hills your character just slips down, very frustrating and can’t get into good firing positions.

Comments

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, getting stuck on a curb on the street lol. So annoying
  • Joe_Strogg
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I keep having trouble getting through windows. Had a comical moment earlier today where I was waiting for a revive and the dedicate medic tried to jump through a window three times before giving up and running around the shack to a doorway.
  • AzafTazarden
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep. Tenches and snow banks especially. Also windows sometimes, for whatever reason.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vaulting has never not been inconsistent as hell. It was the same way in Battlefield 1.
  • hawkseye17
    586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is especially bad when you try to get past that one insurmountable tiny rock
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vaulting is rough and inconsistent in this game. I'm always dying trying to hop through a window.
    It Was much more fluid in BF1......
  • Joe_Strogg
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vaulting has never not been inconsistent as hell. It was the same way in Battlefield 1.

In my experience its actually slightly worse in BFV although you're right its always been a problem.
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The rocks on Fjell and the Rubble piles on Devastation have probably killed me more than anything else in this game.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried 5 times to vault into a little troop building, it's a wonder I didn't die, how does DICE manage to make things worse when it wasn't that bad at all in BF1?
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get stuck so many times on Fjell on that house (first one if you go from E to C). There's a small hole right in front of that house. So hard to get out. Also rocks on Hamada and windows. If you aren't right on the center of the window it just doesn't work and it screws you over sometimes when you are trying to get away from someone.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Vaulting and climbing most of the time works fine, but can be extremely frustrating. Definitely needs to be smoothed out, but realistically this is probably the best we'll get.
  • Banhammer72
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While they are at it they can fix the surfaces on which you can mount a bipod, half of them cause the gun muzzle to hit the ground or something in front. the rest of the time one slight movement drops the bipod and you lose ADS!
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While they are at it they can fix the surfaces on which you can mount a bipod, half of them cause the gun muzzle to hit the ground or something in front. the rest of the time one slight movement drops the bipod and you lose ADS!

My favorite is when you're swiveling to the left or right and seemingly the bipod just disengages from the surface and you go to this weird half ADS half hip-fire nonsense.
  • realMartiniHenry
    152 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    The vaulting is broken since Bad Company. It shouldnt be that hard to create level assets with bounding boxes around them, which allow for clean, non buggy and non glitchy vaulting. But it seems that there is just not enough time in the 2 year development cycle to clean up the bounding boxes, like almost any other mp shooter out there manages to do. So i wouldnt set my hopes up to high, that this will happen any time soon, even if it is reasonable from your side to want that to happen.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Works great.