Weekly Debrief

Stop asking game developers to cater to your playstyle.

Mrcleanjeans
279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Every BF game has been different. Dice as a developer shouldn’t have to cater to you. If you want a game like BF3,4,1.. then those servers are still up and running. Why would someone spend millions of dollars to make a game they already had... oh.. so you could call it an add-on or glorified DLC...

BF5 is its own animal. It’s nothing like the other titles for a reason. Most players are refusing to change their playstyle to fit the game. Rather they go on social media and complain because the developer didn’t make a game that caters to their play style. -

You hate to think how the changes in “real life” effect you. Probably all someone else to blame.

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    10860 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with this. It’s why I rarely complain about mechanics in a new game. I just adapt my playstyle around it.

Now, changing the ttk 1.5 years into the game’s life. That’s another story (I’m looking at you bf1).
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well it is the world seems to be now. Obstacle in the road, complain until someone else moves it. I remember when having priviledges taken away as a kid was a punishment but now you can take everything from that child and it doesnt even phase them. I have seen people walk into stores and complain even if the service and product are great and because the store doesnt want the scene they cater to the customer for the bad behavior. This doesnt curb the trend but encourages it. Look at the manager at chipoltes that was fired because of social media and corporate acting without facts. Todays world = crybaby power.
  • Mrcleanjeans
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is this a cry-thread about people crying? Well done mate... And also, nice generalizations. "Let's render all complaints invalid by just calling BF5 a different game"
    Sorry can't stop laughing :D :D :D

You might want to see a doctor about that.

• ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Couldn't agree more OP.

As TEKNOCODE might say, we're living in the cryhard generation.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I agree with this. It’s why I rarely complain about mechanics in a new game. I just adapt my playstyle around it.

Now, changing the ttk 1.5 years into the game’s life. That’s another story (I’m looking at you bf1).

Yep that was borderline... borderline.
  • MiasmaGrowlmon
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll just flat out say it, anyone asking for a buff to bolt-action damage specifically should be punished with an immediate tempban. There's a new thread on it every few hours and these people always find ways to bring it into unrelated threads.

My favorite thing is the people saying Recon is useless, then immediately stating that there are videos of recons going around being able to OHK at any range because they are skilled enough to hit the george lopez size head hitbox in the game but they don't count because most people lack the skill. Uhh, no, just because people lack skill doesn't mean it needs to be buffed. Being able to OHK someone without them having any chance to fight back or have ample warning to get out of the way is irrefutably overpowered yet these people want to OHK an even bigger hitbox because they lack the skill to simply press R2/RT when the crosshair is on a head (let alone simply clicking on a head on PC).
  • craigerswuzhere
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well said. Too many complainers out there. Just deal with it, adapt, get better, don't let it get you down and move on. It takes the fun out of it when you are always looking for something negative about a situation. And games are about having fun. For me personally, BF Hardline has been my funnest and favorite of the franchise, and that one is the "least" Battlefield of them all. I did not have fun playing BF1 so I barely played it.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think people complain before trying to learn how the game works. I'm guilty of it myself but I got into this game quite fast and it's progressively got better and better the more I've played it. There's issues yeah but I'd be happy if they left it how it is now apart from the obvious bugs that are detrimental to the game. Tanks were bad but now they're perfect. Medic class weapons aren't good straight away but when you learn how to use them you can smash heads. The medic crate is crud though. Can't fault assault so far, I'd complain about the piat but that relates to your first post, it's just cos I've not used it, if I played with it long enough to see how it works best, I'd probably love that as well. People just don't like learning, it's cos we live in such a stupidly fast paced world people just want instant gratification no one wants to work for it.
  • WhiteWolf_W3
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    Well it is the world seems to be now. Obstacle in the road, complain until someone else moves it. I remember when having priviledges taken away as a kid was a punishment but now you can take everything from that child and it doesnt even phase them. I have seen people walk into stores and complain even if the service and product are great and because the store doesnt want the scene they cater to the customer for the bad behavior. This doesnt curb the trend but encourages it. Look at the manager at chipoltes that was fired because of social media and corporate acting without facts. Todays world = crybaby power.

If the obstacle is so big you cannot get past it and you don't have the tools to move it, then the only option is to get the people who put it there to remove it. It is just an ulterior way of getting past an obstacle.

This argument is an inferior and defaming way of looking at the subject, while i agree with the ideology of taking the harder option and adapting, this is a product modelled towards the consumer, for the consumers entertainment, the whole basis of a video game is instant satisfaction and fun, a break from the hardship of the real world, realistically that is the basis of modern day entertainment full stop, everything from drugs, alcohol, movies, video games, it is all compensatory mechanics of the brain, which i will not get in to. Not a place to fight constant obstacles.

Yes most people have become snowflakes in the current day and age, but you should always seek to fix the issue not go around it and pretend it isn't there. We don't just looking at someone like **** as an obstacle to adapt to and move around, we remove him off the face of the earth so he can't enact anymore damage. Not all obstacles are innate and progressive damage is always present when you're talking about the effects of the enjoyment of one.

Put it into any analogy, you spend $60 on any said object that is not a video game, however a production problem caused it have an obstacle that decreases enjoyment or utility of said object, most people would refund it.

What one perceives as an issue might not look like an issue to another, and it might not be an issue to you. But just because something is not perceived as issue to you, does not mean it is not for another person. This is derived from perception, which is something you can't say is/is not due to yours since it is purely individual.

Adaptation is a mechanic derived from the hardship survival, think about it, to create fundamental adaption means there is an issue to begin with. The reason white people are white is because we lived in low sunlight climates where vitamin D was in high demand, that is called a structural adaptation. If someone wanted to play games for the whole basis of adaptation the genre of "Survival" is perfectly defined for them.

Learning and adapting are very different however, learning and muscle memory are very good. A notion to not learn is bad, a notion to not adapt is understandable as why adapt yourself when someone else can do it far easier for you and that is their job, your job and time is not to adapt to something that someone else can handle in a far easier notion, the whole act of using other non physiological adaptions is called behavioural adaptations, where it can vary towards using others as an adaptation of yourself. This is present in many animals in sub ecosystems, some fish clean larger fishes teeth to gain food and protection, some birds use cows as a source of bugs to eat, which in line feeds them and keeps the cow happier. It is a basic mechanic in biology, it happens all the way down to a bacterial and micro organic level. Their is nothing wrong with using someone else to do something for you, as long as it is not mutually negative for one and neutral - benefit or benefit- benefit otherwise it is termed a parasitic relationship.

Sorry for the tangent, i just see these arguments a lot and philosophically there is a lot wrong with both sides of the argument that is used conventionally. I would go into depth more but this a Battlefield forum and i realise how ridiculous this looks here already.

• herodes87
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Translating: luckily the game suit my taste, otherwise i would be here crying like a baby, so, stop complaining.

Yeah excatly!!! Lol
  • HuwJarz
    3882 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Every BF game has been different. Dice as a developer shouldn’t have to cater to you. If you want a game like BF3,4,1.. then those servers are still up and running. Why would someone spend millions of dollars to make a game they already had... oh.. so you could call it an add-on or glorified DLC...

BF5 is its own animal. It’s nothing like the other titles for a reason. Most players are refusing to change their playstyle to fit the game. Rather they go on social media and complain because the developer didn’t make a game that caters to their play style. -

You hate to think how the changes in “real life” effect you. Probably all someone else to blame.

Yes - and I'm sure that if you ran a cafe and the majority of your customers kept complaining that the sandwiches tasted like crap, (because they literally had piece of dogfood in them) you would ignore the feedback and tell them to go away to another cafe? Tell me, how long would you be in business ? Not many people like dogfood sandwiches. They are niche. But you your business would thrive?
  • SharpeXB
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll just flat out say it, anyone asking for a buff to bolt-action damage specifically should be punished with an immediate tempban.
    The bolt action rifle should be buffed. It’s a game wrecking weakness that needs to be corrected which is why people will not stop bringing it up.

• BATTL3FI3LDBULLY
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Slow Clap.......
  • GuruChaz
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Oh hell no. My 5 Battlefield friends that play on a regular basis can no longer be in our 5 player squad in Battlefield V. We just attempted 2 squads to no avail. It just simply does not work. You guys are screwing up by reducing this to 4 person squads. In fact, we now have 6 regular players. Please increase the size of squads again. We are not having fun as our normal group as it stands now.
  • BATTL3FI3LDBULLY
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GuruChaz wrote: »
    Oh hell no. My 5 Battlefield friends that play on a regular basis can no longer be in our 5 player squad in Battlefield V. We just attempted 2 squads to no avail. It just simply does not work. You guys are screwing up by reducing this to 4 person squads. In fact, we now have 6 regular players. Please increase the size of squads again. We are not having fun as our normal group as it stands now.

At some point they have to limit how many coordinated players can join one public server. Because the teams end up being too imbalanced. How many is enough? 5? 10? 32?

The four man squads are designed to balance multiple game modes including the upcoming BR Firestorm
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

They need to cater to someone different, I don't think this current design is hurting the series.
    suAcx86.png
    nPEobHN.png

• Malecite
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ah the classic thread complaining about people complaining in a public forum. Always wonder what someone gets out of a thread like this, reminds me of old people telling the millennials to shape up and stop spending all their money on avocodo toast.
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll just flat out say it, anyone asking for a buff to bolt-action damage specifically should be punished with an immediate tempban.

Being able to OHK someone without them having any chance to fight back or have ample warning to get out of the way is irrefutably overpowered

Bolt actions, and really the recon class in general needs a slight buff. SLRs are weak, and outclassed by the Assaults Semi Autos, which barely have bullet drop compared to the SLRs, have a bigger magazine, no glint on the 3x scopes, and have a faster rate of fire. No point in using the SLRs when the Semi Auto rifles do everything better.

Bolt actions are really only a OHK in the head, upper torso at 50m is 62-75 damage. Unless the enemy is wounded, you'll rarely get a OHK that isnt to the head. Also, isnt that kinda the point of snipers? Do you want the game to tell you that you are about to be hit by a sniper round, slow the game down for you so you can dodge the bullet and go kill the sniper? Would that be ample warning time for you? Maybe dont find yourself in situations where you might get sniped, and you wont have to worry about it. The scope glint on snipers is brighter than the sun, if you cant see that you need your eyes checked.

The Recon class is extremely underpowered, and does need a slight buff to make it competitive against the other classes fairly.