Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

• Player_dhfjh4re
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any nerf in a game is stupid. Best gameplay is found when every class and weapon is "over powered." It's called balance.

Thank you.
    You have managed to outflank three dudes firing from a trench, side by side? You should waste them all with an MG 42, without a second thought.
    You shoot something in the torso/head with a sniper rifle? That "something" falls to the ground dead/dying.
    I can't see the point of taking hours upon hours and shots upon shots before you just DIE.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem can clearly be seen in the below experience. Let me know if anyone has had similar experiences.

When I feel like a challenge I put on a bolt action rifle and PTFO. Unless the person Im shooting is looking another direction I rarely get kills. If someone else shoots at me Im dead instantly and from any range. Unless of course I resort to camping.

Then when I get annoyed, I change to assault and suddenly I start doing much better. Against the same players where I barely managed a 1.5 KD Im going 3 KD.

Assault basically dominates any and every other class and any range. This is not good class balancing. It just isnt. Anyone who thinks it is, more than likely only plays assault
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This thread is hilarious. I never worry about snipers anymore, even if they hit me once. Most cannot aim and by the time I'm hit I'm behind cover and healing.

I've been playing the class a lot more than the previous game, sucks that there aren't any ohks. I'll just have to aim for the head which is what I've been doing. Scouts are definitely worthless. Can't cap/defend flags because enemies have assault rifles, can't get any kills unless up close pistol or head shot, and spotting does hardly anything.

Anyone here play scout and be at the top of the score board? I'm at the bottom or middle every time, even sneaking to get flags.

I can top the boards playing Recon, it's just so much more difficult to do than any other class.

Funnily enough I find Medic the easiest to top the boards, they get so many points from healing and reviving. Assault is all about PTFO, murdering and blowing up tanks. While Support is played similarly to Assault except you have to dish out ammo.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Anyone here play scout and be at the top of the score board? I'm at the bottom or middle every time, even sneaking to get flags.

I've been MVP as recon a few times. Mostly on Hamada where I just spot a lot for a bunch of points, and it's easier to keep away from anyone else playing the other classes to avoid their superior weapons.

A lot less often than as assault though.

I'm definitely not regularly getting 40+ kills in a Conquest match as recon like I do as assault.

Most of the time I end up somewhere in the middle of the scoreboard no matter how hard I try to PTFO with recon.
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    You guys still whining in here wishing this was a bf1 reskin? :D

I predict with ttk 2.0 that you guys will still be expecting 1 shot to the body kills while everyone else will be screaming about the nerf guns.

Then BF5 will mostly die because it wont be worth playing anymore, you guys wont have anyone to shoot at, and this thread will just naturally end as the forums become a ghost town. :D
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I get if often in Grand operations in Africa playing as German. Usually end day 2 with not so many kills but still at the top because of spotting. Some people have no idea how many points you can get with spotting.

Also got it few times in normal conquest in Aerodrome and Narvik. Playing the objective but it's very important to have a good team around you imo. So you can focus more on spotting and sniping at long range and everyone else clears the room close to you. That's why I think Aerodrome and Narvik is a bit easier. You can play the objective while also getting a lot of kills. I can't get even close to the top if I use anything else than 6x or playing aggressively with a squad that sucks. But I'm on PS4 so it's even harder for us.
  • von_Campenstein
    6618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I predict with ttk 2.0 that you guys will still be expecting 1 shot to the body kills while everyone else will be screaming about the nerf guns.

Then BF5 will mostly die because it wont be worth playing anymore, you guys wont have anyone to shoot at, and this thread will just naturally end as the forums become a ghost town. :D

I hear it's already a ghost town, could be because Scout gameplay is craptastic?
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

You're still coming back with nonsense about things nobody asked for?

Again, for the billionth time... we don't want one hit kill body shots.

Can we get another "This is how you're supposed to play recon" satire video again?
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »

Can we get another "This is how you're supposed to play recon" satire video again?

But you do want 1 hit kill body shots, or at least an increased chance of the same.

:D You can play it how you wanna play it, I just showed you how I play it. There's no satire there.

Don't forget to put down your spawn beacons tho, it's most important.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »

Its better to ignore him... He is not here to have a constructive dialog with anyone...

Sniper bolt action rifles do need buff, and ZH-29 SLR need some tweaks to make it viable for long range as well (faster bullet velocity, less bullet drop and less recoil)...

• BAITness
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is not even an argument. You can look up players stats. Nearly all players have a lower K/D and SPM with recon. Every recon player can literally do better with any other class.

There needs to be a bullet speed/damage buff to the Kar and a radius buff to the flare.
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BAITness wrote: »
    This is not even an argument. You can look up players stats. Nearly all players have a lower K/D and SPM with recon. Every recon player can literally do better with any other class.

There needs to be a bullet speed/damage buff to the Kar and a radius buff to the flare.

Then play another class.
  • BAITness
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    20200sfly wrote: »

Then play another class.

I do. That does not change the fact that Recon needs enormous buffs.
  • 20200sfly

Then play another class.

So, you adapted and now play another class that gives u what u want as far as weapon and gadget strength? Ok, well done.

As they say, all's well that end's well.

Carry on then and you're welcome.
  • BAITness

Then play another class.

So, you adapted and now play another class that gives u what u want as far as weapon and gadget strength? Ok, well done.

Your trolling is so bad is is kind of depressing. Make a joke or something dude.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem can clearly be seen in the below experience. Let me know if anyone has had similar experiences.

When I feel like a challenge I put on a bolt action rifle and PTFO. Unless the person Im shooting is looking another direction I rarely get kills. If someone else shoots at me Im dead instantly and from any range. Unless of course I resort to camping.

Then when I get annoyed, I change to assault and suddenly I start doing much better. Against the same players where I barely managed a 1.5 KD Im going 3 KD.

Assault basically dominates any and every other class and any range. This is not good class balancing. It just isnt. Anyone who thinks it is, more than likely only plays assault

Assault in no way is imbalanced with Support. The 3x scope is just as good with Support players for distance, and anything else is fine too.

But yeah against Recon and Medic no thank you. Not even doing it anymore. I feel like Recon is way too hard with my settings. I am not changing my sensitivities for Recon. I cannot even barely get kills with that class in this TTK.

As you said changing to Assault, or Support, will instantly grow your KDR.
  • 20200sfly

Then play another class.

Your trolling is so bad is is kind of depressing. Make a joke or something dude.

Ok, so u dont have a response? That's typically when people pull out the name calling (troll) card.

You said the recon class is terrible and the other classes are way better. Ok, so play them.

You said you do.

Ok, so problem solved and I saved u post after post of complaining.

But u still want to complain.

So...?
  • BAITness

Then play another class.

Ok, so u dont have a response? That's typically when people pull out the name calling (troll) card.

You said the recon class is terrible and the other classes are way better. Ok, so play them.

You said you do.

So...?

Still no jokes dude. Still kind of depressing. You aren't even being convincing - I don't think you are too stupid to understand that playing something else doesn't fix how broken the class is. Maybe if you littered it with typos or something.

This is about as effective as a troll that just comes in and tells people to play another game if they don't like it. Nobody is amused. Nobody is convinced the troll is serious.
  • 20200sfly

Then play another class.

You said you do.

So...?

Still no jokes dude. Still kind of depressing. You aren't even being convincing - I don't think you are too stupid to understand that playing something else doesn't fix how broken the class is. Maybe if you littered it with typos or something.

This is about as effective as a troll that just comes in and tells people to play another game if they don't like it. Nobody is amused. Nobody is convinced the troll is serious.

Which thread do u want to debate on? Pick one and I'll meet u there.

Unless u just want to keep calling names and stall for time waiting for someone to come along and bail u out instead?
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Then play another class.

You said you do.

So...?

He tried to hijack another Recon thread with the same kind of comments. He's only interested in arguing for the sake of it and has nothing valuable to contribute. Even when you use evidence to prove him wrong he just derails the conversation another way.

Don't feed the troll.