Nerf the 12g now

Bigmacd2
9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Literally just got sniped by a shotgun... 100+m. And yes I know because I sniped him after and it was 100m. It took half my health from that distance. Wtf dice. I am playing against an entire squad of shotgunners that have been long ranging me and my squad all game. If u want to use a shotty do it. But f u and ur op as f*** guns. Fix this now dice I’m not the only one

Comments

• 78-Myers
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bon3zz1001 wrote: »
    You understand that not only is that gun trash in comparison to the drilling but you were probably killed by slugs right? Unlike the drilling you have to actually spec into slugs which completely kills the gun in close quarters. That's literally the point in that side of the tree and slugs have always been able to do this in nearly every battlefield game.

Not from that distance
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lmao slugs still making scrubs cry in 2018

Better not let op play bad company 2
  • Bigmacd2
    edited December 2018
    I would love to see a shotgun shoot a slug 100 meters in real life lol like cmon dude. Yes I understand slugs give u an advantage with range. Like I said I don’t have a problem with shotguns. Most the people that were using them were 10-15 or like 7-13. Nothing to brag about. But like anything on battlefield or any FPS in that matter there will be haters. I use every class. And yes I even camp sometimes. But to get shot by 2 shots from that distance is dumb. Might as well add a X3 scope to the customization. And idk why you would assume “scrub” crabman lol. U have no clue
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bigmacd2 wrote: »
    I would love to see a shotgun shoot a slug 100 meters in real life lol like cmon dude. Yes I understand slugs give u an advantage with range. Like I said I don’t have a problem with shotguns. Most the people that were using them were 10-15 or like 7-13. Nothing to brag about. But like anything on battlefield or any FPS in that matter there will be haters. I use every class. And yes I even camp sometimes. But to get shot by 2 shots from that distance is dumb. Might as well add a X3 scope to the customization. And idk why you would assume “scrub” crabman lol. U have no clue

Sabot slugs plus a riffled barrel shotgun can easily reach a range of 100m and still be effective. Using a shotgun in this game puts you at a severe handicap in one way or another. Take the 12g. Spec the slug side, and you can kill at ranges, but suffer in CQC. Take the other side of the tree, and you are deadly at CQC but cant hit anything past 25m, if that, and are at the mercy of every class with better weapons that can hit you at ranges you will never hit.
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Lmao slugs still making scrubs cry in 2018

Better not let op play bad company 2

Lol, Shotgun sniper rifles.....Rarely used them myself, but they certainly made the bush wookies cry.
  • Bigmacd2
    Lol idk seemed like they were doing just fine at Close Quarters so idk. It sucked cause obviously my team kept losing in that server cause they sucked but either way, yes they ended up at the bottom of the scoreboard. Just irritated I guess lol.
    And yes “bush wookies “ usually are at the bottom too. But I’ll be a recon class with X6 scope on a bolt action (no self loading) and still play objective with a top ranking score. My point wasn’t to hate on shotguns. Or hate on campers. Or hate on your preference. The reason this series will forever be better than cod is that it gives everyone an opportunity to play their preferred play style. I just honestly thought that the people I was playing with had some upgraded shotgun that wasn’t a fair aspect in the game. I got powned by the squad when I’d try for a capture on an objective. But I’d expect that with 4 shotgun people. But when I’m on Devastation rushing from B to E in and I barely get out in the little frozen lake area and get shot from the front of the church building with a shotgun I just feel a bit surprised by that lol.
  • WrathOfTheRipper
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I say we need to buff the shotguns. We need pump action shotguns with slugs
  • Hubbytubb
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Here you go

End of discussion?
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The shotguns in this game can be pretty ridiculous indeed... it brings back bad memories of the infamous 10-A in Battlefield 1.

I will say, however, that the very bright side is that these players often don't last long because they must reload so often. If you have teammates nearby and a shotgunner one-shots you, there's no reason your buddies shouldn't be able to lay waste to him and pick you back up afterwards.
  • Golgothian
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I cant help to see a typical case of complaining about something you haven't tested yourself.

Slugs won't take half your life on that distance, beside headshots (which are hard, especially since you don't have a 3x scope at someone has stated here, only a useless 2x scope which feels too sluggish for close distances. Hipfire is crippled when equipping slugs.). The damage fall off is immense and goes down to 34 damage.
    So before the TTK changes it was 3 shots to kill on medium and upwards distance. Now with the damage slightly reduced to lower body/arms/legs its 3 or 4 shots kill.

The firerate is low and you even have to let the recoil settle.

Its strange you feel so threatened by a shotgun at distance to cry for a nerf, after you get hit once by a headshot and while there are rifles like the Gewehr 43 in the game, which is far more popular, kills you so much faster and more precise.

And being able to hit you at distance with the shotgun using slugs comes with a big tradeoff in regard of close quarter useability.
    Slugs still oneshot at close distance but are much harder to hit compated to buckshot.

Anyway, I only wanted to offer a perspective from a slug user. Why not equip it and see for yourself.

If they changed the gun, I wont stop playing, I would just consider switching to another main weapon.

And shotguns in general are hard to balance. Especially with buckshots. Giving up killing power at range, wont lessen the frustration of a player at the receiving end of your close quarter instant killing power.
    Same with the high RoF medic guns (Suomi, Tommy Gun). Getting mowed down in an instant isnt any less frustrating knowing the range limitations of their guns. In the big picture its balanced I guess and you have to learn to deal with it, still it annoys me in the moment : )
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Lol, Shotgun sniper rifles.....Rarely used them myself, but they certainly made the bush wookies cry.

yeah, it was really fun destroying snipers with shotguns+slugs in bc2. and even more fun watching them rage in chat.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Literally just got sniped by a shotgun... 100+m. And yes I know because I sniped him after and it was 100m. It took half my health from that distance. Wtf dice. I am playing against an entire squad of shotgunners that have been long ranging me and my squad all game. If u want to use a shotty do it. But f u and ur op as f*** guns. Fix this now dice I’m not the only one

Skillshot!
  • DigitalContagion
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    12g Auto loading and M30 Drilling are my mains for Support. I don't even use the Slug variant/traits specialization for the 12g and the M30 Drilling bullet cartridge is just icing on the cake if you are trying to get range kills with it. Overall, the shotguns don't need a nerf, they are meant for CQB play style. Of course I say that because they are very viable at close-med range however, the disadvantage to both is the reloading times. Sure, you can kill one player with one buckshot round from the M30 Drilling, but if you are facing more than 2 players, you can either duck-n-run for cover to reload (which takes approximately 4-5 seconds easily to reload both rounds) or swap to pistol and press your luck.

12g Auto loading positive is that it has more rounds in the magazine tube to kill multiple players (more than 2 at a time before reload) unlike the M30 Drilling which expands 2 buckshot rounds then you're reloading. 12g Auto Loading disadvantage is when you're empty, the reload time is doubled in the amount of time it takes to reload the M30 Drilling.

I favor the M30 Drilling mainly b/c of how deadly it is at CQB, good 1 shot kill distance, extra bullet cartridge for distance "sniping" especially for game modes like Breakthrough.

BTW @Hubbytubb that video is on point...230m Slug round....damn I think I got a chub from that :D>:) and OP you need to remember, BFV isn't totally 100% "historically" accurate as far as a weapons minimum and maximum range to an extent, however, DICE didn't make weapon shoot rounds like potatoes either, they needed to be somewhat "realistic" compared to the "real world".
  • barnesalmighty2
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone would assume the ns2000 was added. The original best shotgun sniper.

Just add this link here.

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2011/7/25/is-the-maximum-range-of-shotgun-slugs-100-yards/

Argue it amongst yourselves though.
  • Lukeroot
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hubbytubb wrote: »

Here you go

End of discussion?

Good ol Hikcock 45! It's always a beautiful day at the compound!
  • DropInDropOut
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The shotguns in BFV are not even close to OP unless you are within 5-10m. Buck shot upgrades on the 1897 and the Drilling don't even one shot at 25m. If they made shotguns even a little more realistic, they WOULD be OP by your standards. The main issue is insane spread that just doesn't happen in real life. Of course, it is a game so I don't expect realism from any of the guns.