BFV has got me wanting to watch and rewatch all the WW2 movies

On-Swift-Wings
304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
Finally got around to watching Dunkirk after putting off forever. Stukas and Spitfires sound almost identical in both this game and the movie. I feel like the Junkers and the Blenheims can use even more of deep roar. And the bombs flying to target also seemed different. Wonder who was closer to the real deal. Anyway, now I wanna go watch SPR, Hacksaw Ridge, the pianist, Fury all of 'em. Heck I'm gonna watch some FMJ even though it's the Vietnam war.

Can't just be me, anyone else on a BFV inspired war movie train?

Comments

• FirestarterXXIII
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How could you not mention Band of Brothers?

<3
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Not, movies but documentaries. I'm currently watching The War and ****'s Bodyguards on Netflix.

I also bought Sudden Strike 4 and re-installed Steel Division Normandy 44 and Warthunder.
  • Tullzter
    1137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dunkirk wasn't that great, it missed a lot of crucial elements..Saving Private Ryan is a classic, Band of Brothers is a must, Guns of Navarone is amazing, Fury i loved and finally...a Bridge too far..masterpiece
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Memphis Belle - check it if you haven't ;)
  • Kawaii_K0n
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You could check out 'My Way' if you want to see it from the Japanese vs Russian perspective of the war.
  • Zviko0
    1675 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are there any movies/documentaries about the battles we currently have in the game?
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Are there any movies/documentaries about the battles we currently have in the game?

Yeah there's a true story one where huge packs of women commandos go and take out enemy objectives and then they do bombing runs and all kinds of stuff :)
  • Tullzter
    1137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The Apocalypse series are amazing (WW1 and WW2 alike)
  • GerocK-
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some titles that I don't see written very often, but I can definitely recommend:
    • The Guns of Navarone
    • Kelly's Heroes
    • Letters from Iwo Jima
    • The Longest Day
    • A Bridge Too Far
    • Blackbook
    • Kampen om Tungtvannet (The Heavy Water War)
    • The Great Escape
    Documentaries
    • Apocalypse WW2
    • WW2 in Color
    • WW2 in HD
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter wrote: »

The Apocalypse series are amazing (WW1 and WW2 alike)
    Found it on netflix but not available in my region. aargh!
  • LEGATUS_ITALICUS
    388 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You're in a bad state if a garbage game like BF5 inspired you to watch WW2 stuff
  • ElliotLH
    8694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know I've mentioned it before but if you can stomach it Men Behind the Sun is an interesting watch (the fourth one is good as well but two and three aren't really worth watching).
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    BFV has got me wanting to watch and rewatch all the WW2 movies

I have always liked War movies.. But this game doesn't inspire me to watch any WW2 movies.
    This game has more in common with Star Wars than any of the real world wars, It's a fictional arcade war shooter no more no less.

Two of the best "war movies" imo:
    1.Deer hunter.
    2. Apocalypse Now.
  • Skrukken83
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    Not, movies but documentaries. I'm currently watching The War and ****'s Bodyguards on Netflix.

I also bought Sudden Strike 4 and re-installed Steel Division Normandy 44 and Warthunder.

Wait...old "Adolphius" is a name that gets censored ? Can't write the actual name as i don't want to get suspended
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lot of older movies too. Bridge on the River Kwai. They even have that in 4K.
  • Tullzter
    Grave of the Fireflies...for those who are looking to shed some tears lol
  • Player_dhfjh4re
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Finally got around to watching Dunkirk after putting off forever. Stukas and Spitfires sound almost identical in both this game and the movie. I feel like the Junkers and the Blenheims can use even more of deep roar. And the bombs flying to target also seemed different. Wonder who was closer to the real deal. Anyway, now I wanna go watch SPR, Hacksaw Ridge, the pianist, Fury all of 'em. Heck I'm gonna watch some FMJ even though it's the Vietnam war.

If you want some more Spit/Stuka galore, watch "Battle of Britain".

Kinda dated, but still very spectacular and informative, while entertaining. Lots of great actors in small roles - a la The longest day, A bridge too far etc.

As for the planes, there are some models, but many of the planes are authentic or almost authentic - the Messerschmitt and the Heinkels are almost lookalike spanish versions.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gTv_4DPQUnQ

A short sentence to summarize this movie? They don't make 'em like they used to anymore.
  • KnucklesNilan
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battle of the Bulge! 1965
  • Psybernaut
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try Cross of Iron if you fancy some German perspective shenanigans.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No mention of " Letters from Iwo Jima " ? Shame