Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

• Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BAITness wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    This is not even an argument. You can look up players stats. Nearly all players have a lower K/D and SPM with recon. Every recon player can literally do better with any other class.

There needs to be a bullet speed/damage buff to the Kar and a radius buff to the flare.

Then play another class.

I do. That does not change the fact that Recon needs enormous buffs.

Recon needs rethinking. I am tired of being trapped as only a sniper with this class. They need different and better weapons. I can barely get kills with the default gun. I don't even attempt to play it in this low TTK atmosphere. I don't have a ton of exp with Recon or Sniper, so getting into it as a newer player it just sucks.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    It looks like the TTK will be changed quite a bit. Maybe aggressive recon will actually be viable now.

They actually went pretty heavy handed with the changes. More so than I though they were going to be adjusting TTK. I'm glad to hear the assault SLRs gained one more bullet to kill at range though. That should give recon a better chance with bolt actions in their intended range.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    It looks like the TTK will be changed quite a bit. Maybe aggressive recon will actually be viable now.

They actually went pretty heavy handed with the changes. More so than I though they were going to be adjusting TTK. I'm glad to hear the assault SLRs gained one more bullet to kill at range though. That should give recon a better chance with bolt actions in their intended range.

Anyone who ever used SLRs will now switch to the bolt action lenfield with the RoF upgrade
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You guys still whining in here wishing this was a bf1 reskin? :D

I predict with ttk 2.0 that you guys will still be expecting 1 shot to the body kills while everyone else will be screaming about the nerf guns.

Then BF5 will mostly die because it wont be worth playing anymore, you guys wont have anyone to shoot at, and this thread will just naturally end as the forums become a ghost town. :D

You're still coming back with nonsense about things nobody asked for?

Again, for the billionth time... we don't want one hit kill body shots.

Can we get another "This is how you're supposed to play recon" satire video again?

But you do want 1 hit kill body shots, or at least an increased chance of the same.

:D You can play it how you wanna play it, I just showed you how I play it. There's no satire there.

Don't forget to put down your spawn beacons tho, it's most important.

the way you play it looks like satire tbh😂
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

Anyone who ever used SLRs will now switch to the bolt action lenfield with the RoF upgrade

I dunno, I never played well with that enfield, bullet velocity was way to slow for my taste... I still think close/medium gewehr m95/30 is best, and for all ranges the best would be Krag Jorgensen (I really love the Krag rifle for some reason).

ZH-29 (still needs buffs as stated before) has its uses as well, but suffers from bad bullet velocity, bullet drop and horrible recoil... Oh, and the bug that make it only load 6/24 bullets instead of 6/36... Lets hope they fix that...
  • Kunstula
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    The TTK change uproar is hilarious, now players feel exactly how we felt when we saw that bolt actions deal pathetically low damage compared to earlier BF's. Serves them right, hypocrites. Since I haven't seen any damage increase to bolt actions I hope they increase the TTK even more for other class weapons, maybe then it will be balanced.

Oh, forgot to say one important thing to those complaining about the longer TTK:

Stop complaining and just aim for the head, problem solved.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    Kunstula wrote: »
    The TTK change uproar is hilarious, now players feel exactly how we felt when we saw that bolt actions deal pathetically low damage compared to earlier BF's. Serves them right, hypocrites. Since I haven't seen any damage increase to bolt actions I hope they increase the TTK even more for other class weapons, maybe then it will be balanced.

Oh, forgot to say one important thing to those complaining about the longer TTK:

Guys, you dont understand... They nerfed recon too... The recon SLR are useless now, and worst it is for ZH-29, its not 2 hit kill even at close range and have a 6/24 ammo clip...

Its useless... I’m beyond upset and angry and you guys should be too!!!

Here the main thread about this:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/170250/they-now-nerfed-the-recon-zh-29-slr-into-oblivion-console#latest
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Guys, you dont understand... They nerfed recon too... The recon SLR are useless now, and worst it is for ZH-29, its not 2 hit kill even at close range and have a 6/24 ammo clip...

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/170250/they-now-nerfed-the-recon-zh-29-slr-into-oblivion-console#latest

Well, this is about Bolt action rifles so...why should we be upset and anrgy about that?
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    Zviko0 wrote: »

Well, this is about Bolt action rifles so...why should we be upset and anrgy about that?

This thread is about recon class state as a whole, sure main topic is bolt action rifle, but that doesnt mean they can go nerf our already underperforming SLR without us raising our voices against it... A nerf to any weapon recon has, is still a nerf to recon class as a whole, no matter its bolt action rifle or SLR...
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This thread is about recon class state as a whole, sure main topic is bolt action rifle, but that doesnt mean they can go nerf our already underperforming SLR without us raising our voices against it... A nerf to any weapon recon has, is still a nerf to recon class as a whole, no matter its bolt action rifle or SLR...
    What did you think would happen? DICE are already getting abuse from a select group, leaving SLR alone would have the pride of the select group broken.
    Self-Loading Rifles:
    Will now require one extra shot when hitting the lower body, arms or legs unless the other shot is a headshot.
    Beside you reading it wrong. It is only a extra bullet if the lower half or arms is hit, however that is still a 2 HTK if 1 is a headshot and an arm shot.

The TTK changes are design to make headshots more important for all weapons.

The question is do SLR/BA have sufficient time at 70m to fire a 2nd shot on AR/SA/LMG now? An extra bullet to high ROF weapons is meaningless.

Wait to the select group realize they will run out of bullets quickly if firing from range and need to get more ammo it might actual see a drop in the number of Sniper Assaults.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    DingoKillr wrote: »

What did you think would happen? DICE are already getting abuse from a select group, leaving SLR alone would have the pride of the select group broken.
    Self-Loading Rifles:
    Will now require one extra shot when hitting the lower body, arms or legs unless the other shot is a headshot.
    Beside you reading it wrong. It is only a extra bullet if the lower half or arms is hit, however that is still a 2 HTK if 1 is a headshot and an arm shot.

The question is do SLR/BA have sufficient time at 70m to fire a 2nd shot on AR/SA/LMG now? An extra bullet to high ROF weapons is meaningless.

Wait to the select group realize they will run out of bullets quickly if firing from range and need to get more ammo it might actual see a drop in the number of Sniper Assaults.

Sadly from personal experience the SLRs hit a whole lot of arms instead of chests since they are holding their arms in front of them and it seems penetration does not take that into account
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Self-Loading Rifles:

Sadly from personal experience the SLRs hit a whole lot of arms instead of chests since they are holding their arms in front of them and it seems penetration does not take that into account
    That has always been a problem with arms. You can multiple head shots but can't kill a player after it hits his arm in front.

I am sure I heard some where that was being changed.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe

Self-Loading Rifles:

This is 100% true... And with the fast movement and ADAD spam (or whatever people now call it) its even harder... The low bullet velocity and huge recoil doesnt make it easier either... It sucks... Try it out, the ZH-29, and you will see for yourself... The damage hit numbers is also totally random, also think about the low ammo it has (6/24 weapon stats say 6/36 but this isnt the case, at least on console)....
  • von_Campenstein
    6618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is not even an argument. You can look up players stats. Nearly all players have a lower K/D and SPM with recon. Every recon player can literally do better with any other class.

There needs to be a bullet speed/damage buff to the Kar and a radius buff to the flare.

Then play another class.

I do. That does not change the fact that Recon needs enormous buffs.

So, you adapted and now play another class that gives u what u want as far as weapon and gadget strength? Ok, well done.

As they say, all's well that end's well.

Carry on then and you're welcome.

Your trolling is so bad is is kind of depressing. Make a joke or something dude.

Why have you not just put him on your ignore list already? He's pure troll. I have precious few people in there but that guy made the list in record time.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played 2 games in Conquest, Twisted steel and Rotterdam with Gewehr 95 and Lee Enfield. It felt a lot better actually. Didn't play aggressively but had some close encounters and also Supports and Assaults shooting at me at range and I beat them while I'd just get dropped instantly in TTK 1.0. More time to aim if you are going for a headshot or hide and peek for a second shot...both works now. PS4.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hm

In light of the ZH-29 changes, it might be time to pick up the Lee Enfield with ROF upgrade again
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    edited December 2018
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    Hm

In light of the ZH-29 changes, it might be time to pick up the Lee Enfield with ROF upgrade again
    Only problem with Enfield is the laughable bulllet velocity and huge bullet drop...

Gewehr M95/30 is better in every way and it has a ROF of 67, which is descent... Problem is it suffers from huge bullet drop as well, took a 530m shot with it 1 week ago, bullet velocity and bullet drop was ridicilous...

The only sniper rifle that are reliable is the Krag-Jorgensen, you zero it to 150 and you know most of your shots will hit... sure only ROF of 55 with that setup, but better that then missing half my shots...

The ZH-29 were the only SLR that felt it could work for some ptfo as well, and it did to a certain degree if played smart... But now it sucks... This nerf was 100% uncalled for and unfair...
  • Zviko0
    Hm

Only problem with Enfield is the laughable bulllet velocity and huge bullet drop...

Gewehr M95/30 is better in every way and it has a ROF of 67, which is descent... Problem is it suffers from huge bullet drop as well, took a 530m shot with it 1 week ago, bullet velocity and bullet drop was ridicilous...

The only sniper rifle that are reliable is the Krag-Jorgensen, you zero it to 150 and you know most of your shots will hit... sure only ROF of 55 with that setup, but better that then missing half my shots...

Can't speak for Krag-Jorgensen because that's the only BA I haven't tried yet but Kar98k is pretty good at range as well with low drag bullets.
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

LMAO yeah they got "helped" with a peashooter SLR that makes the BF1 RSC look like an absolute monster.

meanwhile meme-gun bolts still are useless for everything except hill scrubs unless you're 1)on PC and 2)a human aimbot ala Stodeh, Nickel, Relaa etc., where you're still worse off than just running STG and not engaging anyone you see making love to the terrain outside of 50m (snipers and MMGs alike)
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    Hm

Can't speak for Krag-Jorgensen because that's the only BA I haven't tried yet but Kar98k is pretty good at range as well with low drag bullets.
    Yeah, but one problem I have with Kar98k is the recoil, its harder to see where you bullet land so harder to compensate for bullet drop, but with the Krag-Jorgensen this is not a problem...

I suggest you try out the Krag-Jorgensen, but
    be sure to spec it with ”quick aim”, ”variable zeroing”, ”low drag rounds” and ”bipod”... I think how good this rifle is, might surprise you... It almost (and I mean almost), feels like a sniper rifle from battlefield 1...