Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V 12-11-2018 Update

Comments

• TimD
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After this update, i encounter major problems on my pc.

- very low fps drops (from 100 to 28 fps)
    - textures looking blurry
    - snow looking flat
    - engineer building errors/bugs

I can live with most but the fps drops are a no go. Please look in to this.

I play on a i5 6400 with 16gb ram and a 1080gtx. 2 days ago the fps problems were much less. And the game looked good.

Thx and good luck.
  • EA_Alexander
    542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Still no fix to missing Weapon Assignments and customization skins, namely the M1907 SF Mastery assignment to unlock the “Golden Muzzle”. Customer Support CANT fix this issue even if it’s been reported.

@EA_Alexander @danmotoxx

1. Any insight when we can expect populated missing weapon assignments across the board for players who are unable to unlock weapon customization skins? Has anyone been scrubbing these forms and other media checking which weapons/assignments are missing from “Special Assignments” and “customization skins” then bouncing it off BFV at DICE to verify?

2. Muzzle assignments are usually the “Mastery II” Assignment, however, M1907 SF Mastery II was never available to unlock the golden muzzle prior to the December 5th patch. After the patch, the Golden Muzzle appeared in the Muzzle skin menu which remains locked without assignment for us who’ve obtain all golden skins with the exception of the muzzle prior to the patch. Players who’ve completed M1907 SF Mastery assignments are unable to obtain the Golden Muzzle, thus inhibiting player progression.

Appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

Dev team is aware of issues with some of the assignments, including the M1907 SF Mastery II, and we're looking at options on how to fix.

Unfortunately I don't have an ETA.
  • M0nTyRO
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Update won't finish :\ wtf?
  • Private_Tom_7
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    smg is too weak.I want you to strengthen smg more.
  • DigitalContagion
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still no fix to missing Weapon Assignments and customization skins, namely the M1907 SF Mastery assignment to unlock the “Golden Muzzle”. Customer Support CANT fix this issue even if it’s been reported.

@EA_Alexander @danmotoxx

1. Any insight when we can expect populated missing weapon assignments across the board for players who are unable to unlock weapon customization skins? Has anyone been scrubbing these forms and other media checking which weapons/assignments are missing from “Special Assignments” and “customization skins” then bouncing it off BFV at DICE to verify?

2. Muzzle assignments are usually the “Mastery II” Assignment, however, M1907 SF Mastery II was never available to unlock the golden muzzle prior to the December 5th patch. After the patch, the Golden Muzzle appeared in the Muzzle skin menu which remains locked without assignment for us who’ve obtain all golden skins with the exception of the muzzle prior to the patch. Players who’ve completed M1907 SF Mastery assignments are unable to obtain the Golden Muzzle, thus inhibiting player progression.

Appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

Dev team is aware of issues with some of the assignments, including the M1907 SF Mastery II, and we're looking at options on how to fix.

Unfortunately I don't have an ETA.

Appreciate the response, thanks for the heads up!
  • xDCoyn21x
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why is it that everytime EA or whoever does an update they always **** up like 7 other things... now it’s saying I’m not connected to online, when I’m hard wired in and I have some of the best wifi you can have... if your going to update the game make sure you don’t **** up other stuff while your doing it... don’t be a “Bethesda” this game has a lot of potential and I’ve been playing battlefield ever since I’ve known it to be out, so please fix your minor issues when you fix your big issues
  • JMan42028
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    this recent patch seemed to take care of my endless end round black screen issues. Previously I had to hard restart my laptop several times due to a hard freeze while exiting matches and since patch I haven't had an issue.
    As far as the patch actually applying, I don't know if its just that origin is wonky, but it took a long time sitting at 100% before it said the game was ready. Like 20 minutes long. Its working now though!

Ammo crates and medic crates still vanish unless they are on perfectly even ground.

Don't listen to them about the medic guns, they are fine, maybe the sten even needs a nerf? it seems like I get killed by that thing from all over the map. People just don't understand the medic play style.

Haven't been seeing the bomb being stuck bug in grand ops anymore so it looks like that one was squashed as well.

I get why there is AA at the beginning of those maps. And I've been fortunate enough to be able to jump most times, but I fear its just because I got lucky and chose the right planes. I get the realism and trying to match a little bit of what the soldiers saw and went through, but maybe it would be a good idea to just get rid of the AA at the beginning level or make the planes more difficult to shoot down when there are players on it?

Entering matches with a group is still a bit...tedious. It takes quite a while for match making. And I didn't realize that it automatically locked the squad. I bet a lot of other people didn't either, so maybe make it so it doesn't automatically lock the squad? I've seen several posts of people complaining about all squads being locked. I would venture a guess that probably 65% of them were friends who didn't know the squad was locked in the first place.
  • JMan42028
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xDCoyn21x wrote: »
    Why is it that everytime EA or whoever does an update they always **** up like 7 other things... now it’s saying I’m not connected to online, when I’m hard wired in and I have some of the best wifi you can have... if your going to update the game make sure you don’t **** up other stuff while your doing it... don’t be a “Bethesda” this game has a lot of potential and I’ve been playing battlefield ever since I’ve known it to be out, so please fix your minor issues when you fix your big issues

that sounds like an issue on your end, and a really good example of the kind of crap these devs have to sift through when trying to actually improve the game. I'm running on wifi, on wireless A/C and never once had any connection issues. I have 100 hours + into this game already and i've seen all kinds of crazy stuff, but literally not a single connection issue, and again, I'm running wireless on a laptop.
  • LordCrisp
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Please make the Medics have weapon options outside of Close Range combat... they're pretty good for day 3 of the Netherlands, and middle part of day 3 in France for example, but HORRIBLE for bigger open areas.
    Don't see why you took away their DMRs

I would suggest giving the Shotguns to Assault class and give DMRs to Medic...
    That way all classes (except Snipers, which the class completely builds on) have some weapon options for all ranges, still with some being better than others... as long as you have a chance.

Doesn't have to be this that is the fix... but it seems stupid to have the Medics being useless outside of close range... makes less people play them, which also means less revives to help a team out.

And to a former post here...
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Increase the 2 hit kill range of the RSC and AL8 to 75 meters from the current 50m.
    I highly dissagree with this... they're supposed to be less powerful than bolt-action snipers... if they can kill that easily, the bolt-actions doesn't have a place in the game
  • Cpt_McRon
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dan, there is a HUGE problem about the game, I'll be off topic an sorry for that but...

We can't play between Friends... I have a 11 man team and we can only play by 4 because of small squads... We can hopefully play at 6 if the other member join the game and wait in the queue but that way too boring.

2 solutions you should work asap at DICE:
    - Linking multiple squads together so they can find a game with let's say 6 slots for 2 squads of 3 players. Then we could join and enjoy the game as a team like this game should be played.
    - Rental servers, please bring back this, it's the heart of the franchise, we need this like it was pre BF1 my team and I could rent 1 of them so we can be sure to play all togeher and so on for the other teams.

We need both of these solutions to try to have matches between one team which rent the server and the other that join the server through linked squads.

One last thing off topic too, do combined arms in splitted screen, that the true way to encourage friends to buy the game when they come at our home to test it together.

Hope yo see answers to this !!!
  • W38BY
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    They forgot to mention TTK has been changed. WTF????? It was fine only the medics weapons needed a bit more of a buff. Also the ADS sound bug still not fixed reported this a week ago. Aiming down sights with any bolt action rifle using any sight except the long range scope muffles all the sound around you.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    LordCrisp wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Increase the 2 hit kill range of the RSC and AL8 to 75 meters from the current 50m.
    I highly dissagree with this... they're supposed to be less powerful than bolt-action snipers... if they can kill that easily, the bolt-actions doesn't have a place in the game

The problem is their rate of fire is so slow that they become garbage tier the moment they become a 3 hit kill weapon at 50 meters.

At that point, assault SLRs are stronger beyond those ranges. Granted, the TTK change should make assault and recon SLRs closer to equal.

Still, 50 meters is a pretty short distance. A 2 hit kill range of 75 wouldn't make bolt actions any worse off.

Not to mention, there's already an SLR that makes bolt actions pretty worthless... the ZH-29 which is a 2 hit kill at literally any range in the game.

What I'm suggesting would simply make the RSC and AL8 more useful for medium ranges. The ZH-29 would still dominate long range as usual.
  • gatorsmash
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    with DX12 off, I was getting 144fps contstant, with 99% GPU usage, and the game ran as smooth as glass, all until YESTERDAYS UPDATE! I went from 144fps to like 120 but it feels very sluggish and strange, I thought maybe it was a nvidia update or I was downloading something in the background but I wasn't. I am using 416.94 which is the 11/13/2018 nvidia update. I didn't update before or after yesterdays patch, but my GPU usage is down, so is my fps (moreso around 120-135) now, and the game feels different. someone **** something up. It's like microstutters or something. There are ALOT of people with this issue posting here on this forum and also the BF5 and general BF reddits if you go there and just search "fps" within the past 24 hour period. It just sucks because everything was running amazing up until yesterday.

8700k @ stock
    win 10 home fresh install a week ago
    16gb ddr4 3200
    980ti windforce @ stock
    m.2 ssd.

It isn't our rigs, it's something in this last update 100%, I don't know if they were trying to **** with optimization or something, but whatever they did, **** alot of us up, hopefully they fix it.

Also I checked all my graphics settings and nothing changed in there from what I had them at a few days ago when the game was running amazing.
  • TimD
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gatorsmash wrote: »
    with DX12 off, I was getting 144fps contstant, with 99% GPU usage, and the game ran as smooth as glass, all until YESTERDAYS UPDATE! I went from 144fps to like 120 but it feels very sluggish and strange, I thought maybe it was a nvidia update or I was downloading something in the background but I wasn't. I am using 416.94 which is the 11/13/2018 nvidia update. I didn't update before or after yesterdays patch, but my GPU usage is down, so is my fps (moreso around 120-135) now, and the game feels different. someone **** something up. It's like microstutters or something. There are ALOT of people with this issue posting here on this forum and also the BF5 and general BF reddits if you go there and just search "fps" within the past 24 hour period. It just sucks because everything was running amazing up until yesterday.

8700k @ stock
    16gb ddr4 3200
    980ti windforce @ stock
    m.2 ssd.

It isn't our rigs, it's something in this last update 100%, I don't know if they were trying to **** with optimization or something, but whatever they did, **** alot of us up, hopefully they fix it.

Also I checked all my graphics settings and nothing changed in there from what I had them at a few days ago when the game was running amazing.

I agree on this, as mentioned before in my post. Since the last patch the smoothness is gone. It stutters, it looks flat, textures fail to load in... terrible. I love this game very much, 80 hours in it, but this gives a big dent in, me enjoying a great game.
  • MarkyPancake
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Have they fixed the chat log not showing in this update? Since the first update, it doesn't show when set to either on when active or always on.
  • dangbunz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are there any plans to update the armory so that you can see weapon skins before purchasing them? Sometimes those images are hard to tell what's different. Would be good to get a closer look at them.
  • gatorsmash
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TimD wrote: »
    gatorsmash wrote: »

8700k @ stock
    16gb ddr4 3200
    980ti windforce @ stock
    m.2 ssd.

I agree on this, as mentioned before in my post. Since the last patch the smoothness is gone. It stutters, it looks flat, textures fail to load in... terrible. I love this game very much, 80 hours in it, but this gives a big dent in, me enjoying a great game.

I'm hoping to get a admin response here about the issue, is there a way to tag them?
  • thelemon303
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please please please raise the max level cap to at least 100
  • rkobus841
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Got stuck in the "I'm F%&$(# Dying!" animation during a failed revive, death timer didn't reengage. Couldn't do a single thing other then quit the game or wait for a revive. Luckily I was able to finally get a proper revive from a squad mate I was chatting with..
  • LC_Leos420
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 25
    DICEDICE
    Post edited by LC_Leos420 on