New TTK changelog is now Live!

Comments

  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    is the game down for anyone else? i see ppl on twitch streaming so maybe it's just me?
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll try it but if I keep having 4 shot kills using SLRs I'm going to be playing core.
  • VincentNZ
    2201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    danosta wrote: »
    Sniper rifles are still pathetic and weak unless you can land every single headshot. SMGs are even more worthless unless enemy is literally in front of you. Not really sure if semi-autos deserved any "adjustments".
    I'm sure the game feels awkward now. Any confirmation if these changes managed to fix one frame deaths?

    A MASSIVE nerf on everything else than snipers, making sure that snipers totally rule at range and they are still pathetic...ffs....

    Uh, thats the point of recon to rule at range. They were being out classed by SLRs. Hiw about we buff snipers to rule at very close range instead to out gun medic, does that seem fair?

    Well you would not be the first weapon class to outrule the medics at close range. Shotguns, Sidearms and some ARs and LMGs already do. Technically BAs rule all ranges because of their OHK capacity.
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SFSeventh wrote: »
    I disagree with the TTK changes. I have 150+ hrs on this game already and i like it as it is.
    Also stop clickbaiting, it's NOT LIVE. Perhaps they are reconsidering it because of the harsh backlash.

    I cannot connect to online on pc, servers down or just me?

    I am ingame right now so maybe it's just you
  • JamieCurnock
    502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Pelliy wrote: »
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    Good to see the drama queens are holding strong in the face of adversity, solid work lads.
    Just aim for head shots, and you'll be fine. Hopefully were about to see the return of PTFO gameplay, can't wait to find out.
    Does anyone know what time the new servers launch for PS4 Europe?

    Another cod players want rush around the map...

    You will see more snipers then no, you will see less ptfo gameplay with casual high ttk.

    No time, there is no information and they are late for the usual time release.

    You keep saying 'CoD' players. You do understand that CoD traditionally plays with a low TTK right?

    Whether it's low or high the TTK does not matter to me, I'll adapt either way. What does matter is that teams PTFO which has been happening less and less in BFV. The TTD bug has players proning for entire matches instead of capping objectives.

    I've been a huge fan of BFV from the start, but the standard of objective based gameplay has steadily deteriorated, if changing the TTK alters this then I'm all for it.

    Not so low if cod can be played easily rushing around.

    But you know the first 4 Battlefield have a very low ttk and even one hit kill headshot on some assault and lmg?

    And this game are the most played for PTFO.

    The problem is netcode and in some part even low recoil, not TTK.

    The TTK changes is only to gather new players because they can't adapt to more skilled needed low TTK, like Dice confirmed in the patch notes.

    CoD TTK is usually similar to BF4 if that makes it clearer to you.

    I agree the net code is definitely causing the insta deaths not the TTK, but the end result of this is that players more and more are camping rather than playing the objective, I know this because I see it game after game and it's getting worse.

    I enjoy the TTK exactly as it is too, but the evidence suggests that the majority of players are not rising to meet the new challenge, this is unfortunate but it's true, you can't deny that camping has reached ridiculous levels in BFV. Games are becoming stale and dull instead of hard fought battles to the last ticket.

    Dice see this and are implementing changes. Let's see if they improve games first.

    There is camping but Battlefield, a True Battlefield, is about defending and not rushing, then the slower gameplay of Battlefield V isn't totally bad.

    People stay more in flags instead taken others, is a good thing too, even if the reason is wrong for most, defend flags is a big part of how the majority rules work.

    Stales, is part of Battlefield too, for mantaining the ticket and flags count, waiting the other teams caught off guard other flags more distant.


    Most of people probably doing for wrong reasons, but isn't bad for a true Battlefield.

    Than this changes will make the game more rushing and is a bad thing for a true Battlefield game.

    Defending is a definite improvement but that's not what's happening. Continuously I'm seeing stomps and when I look at the scoreboard at the end of a match the K/D is comparatively similar, yet the final match score is completely one sided, because people are camping instead of even trying to cap flags never mind hold them.
    The amount of flags I've been able to cap on my own (because my squad are all lying prone under a bush) is ridiculous, no one is defending.
    This isn't every game, but I am seeing this more and more.

    I believe this is why Dice are having to change the TTK, because the TTD bug has promoted a camping play style that in no way involves PTFO.

    I think map design promotes this more so ttk. Map design and visibility. Can't get shot from out of no where if I don't move.

    But who knows you could be right. Maybe People will play more.

    Right now the TTK is definitely promoting camping along with wide open maps in many directions. I mean you walk ten feet in one direction and a guy has you pinned and you cannot even react lol.

    If the TTK changes are live I am not seeing that much of a difference.

    They need to work on straight up weapon balance not just TTK though. I really hope they can start honing in on weapon balance.

    To me, that sounds more like health attrition than ttk to me. Because in both scenarios ttk1 vs ttk2 if you get hit, you're screwed because you don't Regen. You may get dinged by a stay bullet use your med pack and have to take a gun fight and get low again and unable to heal. That makes it campy too.

    The maps are a campers wet dream. You can hide in so many buildings in Rotterdam for example. Makes no sense to have that level of accessibility to buildings but it exists.


    I've really not found attrition hampers me that much, health stations are everywhere. And if someones holding back the enemy team from an objective by camping in a building or wherever then that's actually pretty sound tactics.

    What drives me insane is seeing someone proneing a mile away from an objective in a position that offers zero tactical advantage, seeing your flags being capped and doing nothing, purely kill farming while your team mates struggle. That's what there's just too much of currently.

    This is exactly what camping is, so sick of hearing people call every legitimate tactic camping. You stay by a flag, your camping, you
    go prone, your camping etc
  • finc-loki
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Are they mentally challenged.. They JUST buffed the SMGs to do 5 bullets to kill out to 30m from 25 and now they make them 6 bullets to kill at 15 Meters..

    I mean how UTTERLY F'ING STUPID ARE THEY? They literally removed the buff and halved the damage distance making them worse than ever...

    DICE needs to end, they are a disgrace. Who the HELL thought these changes were a good idea..

    The F'ing game has ATTRITION as well and LOW MAGAZINE ammo count..

    So an LMG with 20 rounds will now get one kill 2 if really excellent hit reg and aim...

  • cweberling
    372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'll be playing it some this weekend. We shall see. After all the recent stability patches and hard wiring my box and such the game played much better for me. Not as many one hit deaths, and damage stacking.

    But 5-6 shots for most guns at range? Dang dude......they pretty much doubled everything which is a bit ridiculous.
  • Jonesy_0_o
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I, for one welcome our new shotgun toting overlords.
  • Delta245
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All they have to do is leave ttk alone get rid of all aim assists(console) add a little more recoil to all guns and fix the ttd. Oh and make servers ping based 0-50 50-100 100-150 stop letting low ping players play with high ping players problem solved lol.
  • Natetendo83
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good thing I just got Smash Bros. This sounds awful.
  • spartanx169x
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not happy at all with the changes after a 150h of absolute great gameplay.

    Why did you even let me test the game for some bucks on Origin Access, when you change such a basic element that drastically 1 month after?

    Better one month, than 18 months. So you have played 150 hrs in less than a month. That is roughly 40 hrs a week. Is playing BF a full time job for you?

  • Hawxxeye
    4819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jonesy_0_o wrote: »
    I, for one welcome our new shotgun toting overlords.
    Let us be honest, I prefer to get one framed by a shotgun than a versatile bullet hose
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Jonesy_0_o wrote: »
    I, for one welcome our new shotgun toting overlords.
    Let us be honest, I prefer to get one framed by a shotgun than a versatile bullet hose

    Just try not to get shot in the first place. Actually take cover and push forward wisely.
  • Hawxxeye
    4819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Jonesy_0_o wrote: »
    I, for one welcome our new shotgun toting overlords.
    Let us be honest, I prefer to get one framed by a shotgun than a versatile bullet hose

    Just try not to get shot in the first place. Actually take cover and push forward wisely.
    Because the game is great at communicating the presence of enemies...
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, that's good news. Didn't get it by me yet though. Can't come soon enough. If i have to get killed by an MG 34 from across a whole map on Panzerstorm of all things, my controller is going to be permanently implanted on my tv screen lol.
  • FirestarterXXIII
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not happy at all with the changes after a 150h of absolute great gameplay.

    Why did you even let me test the game for some bucks on Origin Access, when you change such a basic element that drastically 1 month after?

    Better one month, than 18 months. So you have played 150 hrs in less than a month. That is roughly 40 hrs a week. Is playing BF a full time job for you?

    Not that it should be of your concern but I have a full time job, a wife and no kids. I know I play too much since the release but I wouldn't stop that in the upcoming time if there weren't patches that change the whole concept and bring even more bugs. I

    I had great fun until now, but maybe these patches are the way of EA + Dice to show me that I have other hobbies too. ^^
  • disposalist
    8324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Pelliy wrote: »
    @disposalist curious to hear your thoughts
    Curious what *I* think? Well, I'm flattered you're interested ;)

    I think TTK is fundamental to the game and I know a lot of people that enjoyed BF1 prior to TTK2, didn't enjoy it as much post-TTK2 and aren't now playing BF5 because the TTK in alpha and beta were too quick.

    I think that changing the TTK prior to fixing the TTD issues (and tweaking class balance) might be somewhat pointless, BUT, I'm suspicious that the low TTK is partly what is causing the TTD issues, so they are not just testing higher TTK effect on the gunplay, but on the TTD issues.

    I don't like splitting the community, but I think that TTK is fundamental and is already causing a split. Some people aren't playing *at all*, never mind the usual map/mode splits, because of the low TTK making the gunplay/gameplay so different.
    The idea of having low and high TTK servers will allow people to try both and see what they *really* like. It will also give DICE (and us) a proper idea for once of what is truly more popular.

    The idea of having separate gameplay style servers has massive potential. I have long thought that balancing console and PC together is crazy, but also balancing competive and casual and hardcore and core types together is impossible. This gives a chance to maybe please everyone or at least stop the arguments and give real indication of popularity.
    I look forward to the expansion of the idea where things like spotting, movement, attrition, animations, etc are played with in different servers.
    I would like to maybe see "Hardcore", "Casual" and "Competitive" server types.

    Finally, I am suspicious that they are not looking for the positive possible outcomes, though, but are making a high TTK setup that is too high and badly balanced and will make the original low TTK setup 'look better' in comparison...
  • JamieCurnock
    502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Jonesy_0_o wrote: »
    I, for one welcome our new shotgun toting overlords.
    Let us be honest, I prefer to get one framed by a shotgun than a versatile bullet hose

    Just try not to get shot in the first place. Actually take cover and push forward wisely.
    Because the game is great at communicating the presence of enemies...

    Why are you expecting the game to tell you where enemies are? That's some next level hand holding.
  • FoxOzone
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Go back to how it was before! I liked it a lot better! I loved how BF V made something fresh and new into the series! Why do changes for the people that hates the game? You see people everywhere just complains and complains! But i wonder if these people does really play the game at all? I have a great time, and this game has huge potential and will turn out awesome , just like the other Battlefield games had rocky starts too and turned out great! Lets be reasonable, and lets communicate together as a great gaming community instead!

    Don't get blindsided by the whole hate-train!

    When Battlefield 6 is to be announced, they will praise the previous game to the sky! Just how people praised BF1 when BF5 got announced.

    Anyway, i love playing medic ( my favorite class) but i easily get tired of the SMGs, and i would like to be able to choose something different, like Carbines! But i think it is great that every class has their own specific weapons, but i think the medic class just like the assault class should have 2 different types of weapons to choose from!

  • Clarence_6000
    885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So..
    giphy.gif?****=3640f6095c112daf5073636545ea9b7b
    WHEN?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!