TTK Changes Discussion : All platforms

Comments

• DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Hseeker25 wrote: »
    Good, now at least I have some time to react, you get killed instantly its not even fun if you cant counterreact

You will not have time to react if you get the ttd problem.

There isn't TTD fix in this patch, only make ttk more easier for casual.
  • Pillownaut
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What did I just read? This is a videogame. It is supposed to be pure entertainment.
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Double post

• von_Campenstein
    6499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    High TTK is aimed to reduce the difference between skilled players and new players.

Dice litterally said this.

wouldn't a high ttk do the opposite ? a low ttk is whoever sees who first.

I think its true what both of you say, at the same time . If its a 1vs1 between bad and good player, then the good player has now even more of an advantage, because if he got shoot in the back, he has now a longer time to react to that.

That is thinking short term, the less skilled player will be more likely to lose at first but given time to react he now has a chance too to improve over time and get better.
  • DyD6Marina
    Pillownaut wrote: »
    What did I just read? This is a videogame. It is supposed to be pure entertainment.

This game was launched to be a more challenging game, is a a bit different for the "pure entertainment" for casual Dice are creating with this changes.
  • DyD6Marina
    edited December 2018
    High TTK is aimed to reduce the difference between skilled players and new players.

I think its true what both of you say, at the same time . If its a 1vs1 between bad and good player, then the good player has now even more of an advantage, because if he got shoot in the back, he has now a longer time to react to that.

That is thinking short term, the less skilled player will be more likely to lose at first but given time to react he now has a chance too to improve over time and get better.

Not really, they only have a possibility to survive even if they play bad.

This will make only players even worse.

The skill of more skilled players instead is blocked.

Said more simple, Dice is make the skill ceileing more lower and reducing the skill gap.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate how it's too much to ask that players just get good at the game. Why make the game easier? Don't casual players understand this only makes the game EVEN easier for those that are good at it. Lowering the skill level means top class players start cheesing and trolling instead of just winning.
  • Pelliy
    2033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some of the same people who complained about bf1 ttk2 are defending bfv ttk1.

Lol I don't get it.

First complaining about the game(bf1 ttk) being too fast and now two years later, complaining about the new change(for bfv) being too slow.

If anything, dice has proven the community doesn't really know what it wants.
  • DyD6Marina
    edited December 2018

This game was launched to be a more challenging game, is a a bit different for the "pure entertainment" for casual Dice are creating with this changes.

The game was launched to make money. It is not as profitable as expected so they are tweaking it in ways to try and up overall enjoyment. The history of battlefield shows a heavy trend for people to prefer core. Game isnt selling well? make it more like the ones that DID sell well.

Dice launched the game to be more challenging, said various time.

Battlefield history show how tried to copy casual gameplay, make them failing always hard, from bc2 to bf1, with players base dies after few months.

This fails can work with Premium and paid DLC, but can't work with a live services game.
  • VincentNZ
    2157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Not really, they only have a possibility to survive even if they play bad.

This will make only players even worse.

The skill of more skilled players instead is blocked.

Said more simple, Dice is make the skill ceileing more lower and reducing the skill gap.

I do not see it. All automatic weapons were equally nerfed. Maybe, just maybe the TTK change will have an impact on TTD, mostly on close ranges though. MMGs however will just outpace the changes. Headshots are more important. I would say this a patch where everybody got shafted besides DRUNKKZ3 Headshot kill ratio. He and similar people will do just fine.
    I think the average joe, who likes to use ease-of-use weapons will get screwed more with the patch.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is a really bad combo that will frustrate more players as it will limit their list of viable guns to use.

This change alone might sway me from playing recon all together since SLRs is what I used.

You also have some 20 round magazine automatics that will suffer from this change.

This damage model would be fine if we had the magazine sizes from BF4.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Agree. They should adjust soldier health, and not how many bullets.

Edit: Actually, that wouldn't make any difference thinking about it hahah. Still takes more bullets. Yeah, we need more bullets haha.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hseeker25 wrote: »
    Good, now at least I have some time to react, you get killed instantly its not even fun if you cant counterreact

This only applies when I first played. It 'felt' fast but when you adapt to it, you have enough time to react. You just adjust to it, same as now we'll have to adjust to it feeling really slow, and then again next month when they change something else, and so on.... The only time it was a problem was when the TTD was wonky which is and still is a bug, but it's not that common anymore.
  • Skitelz7
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Take a look at the replies.
    What was DICE thinking?
    They said they've listed to the community... What community?
  • redsaber20012
    31 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The game was launched to make money. It is not as profitable as expected so they are tweaking it in ways to try and up overall enjoyment. The history of battlefield shows a heavy trend for people to prefer core. Game isnt selling well? make it more like the ones that DID sell well.

Dice launched the game to be more challenging, said various time.

Battlefield history show how tried to copy casual gameplay, make them failing always hard, from bc2 to bf1, with players base dies after few months.

This fails can work with Premium and paid DLC, but can't work with a live services game.

What they said is irreverent. There marching orders come from ea and that order is make us cash. The game is selling worse that all those "copy casuals" so by all evidence the "hardcore" fan base isnt economically viable whereas the core audience is. Bf1 the "copy casual that dies quickly" sold almost more than all the old "hardcore pre bc2" games combined.

And this is the first live service bf. what works and what dosnt business model wise is unknown. The only thing that IS known is core sells. So there goin core.
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

If it's too low (e.g. CoD Ghosts with 3 hit kill, 800+ RPM automatics that kill in one frame) with easily controllable weapons, then yes.

BFV was nowhere near that threshold. It was nowhere even near BF3 or 4 (4 hit kills at up to 1000 RPM), apart from a bipodded MG42 at close range (MG42 is roughly equivalent to a BF4 FAMAS with a shorter 5 hit kill range, much worse hipfire, and the requirement to use a bipod in order to ADS).

The only weapons that kill even close to the human reaction time are the very fast, hard to control ones that take skill to control in order to get a ~300ms TTK (Suomi, 1907, SG 1-5). I've reacted, turned and killed plenty of bad players in this game, both due to them missing due to recoil with the fast weapons or them simply using the slow weapons (Sten, MP40, G43 etc.) that don't have a fast TTK even if hitting all your shots.

It's actually simpler to do in this game than anything since BF3 if you're skilled, simply because suppression doesn't turn your gun barrel into a noodle that fires at 45 degree angles. You don't have to do the "dive behind cover and wait for the blur to go away" before you can wipe out the bad player.

I imagine to casuals that cut their teeth on BF1 or Battlefront but never played anything else it seems "fast" though.
  • PineNeedle789
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I do want longer ttk. But not in form of 5 or 6 bullet to kill but with heavy recoil.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only time it was a problem was when the TTD was wonky which is and still is a bug, but it's not that common anymore.

Tell that to all the people that still die "instantly" from seemingly everything
  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    it is intended for the majority of the playerbase (casuals).

the ppl on this forum and reddit etc are the hardcore (vocal) minority.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!