TTK Changes Discussion : All platforms

Comments

• TrueWebby
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It pains me to say it but.
    #RIPBattlefield
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    X2Mv8ya.png

Stop complaining about lower damage before you even play the game, especially with a poor netcode that is getting addressed later.

Many wanted a higher time to kill because BF:V felt like trash.
  • Crucifiction1
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You don't create a "hardcore mode" by making the original normal mode the hardcore mode and dropping bullet dmg on the new mode.. you make Hardcore mode by cutting everyones health in half, easy.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You don't create a "hardcore mode" by making the original normal mode the hardcore mode and dropping bullet dmg on the new mode.. you make Hardcore mode by cutting everyones health in half, easy.

Man am I glad you don't develop this game lol.

You have any idea what cutting soldier health in half compared to launch of this title would do?

BFV does not use the same damage model for it's "normal/core" mode that BF1 did. Simply reducing soldier health to create a HC mode as they've done in previous titles would not work this time around with the damage model they created.

They're trying to be transparent with the community and give a chance to test out various design paths and potential damage models. They are literally putting some of the testing in OUR hands (the players) and such is worthy or rage and contempt from some of you? Insane.
  • LeesSummit09
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    You are wrong, many players want TTK changed and tested. They will eventually add hardcore for all you 'super skilled players', but 80% of players just play for some enjoyment and a break from the day. The game, as it was, was not enjoyable for many. Also TTD needs to be adjusted and tested, this has been more frustrating than TTK.
  • TheGM86
    939 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't follow any of this crap, what is the new TTK?
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wrong, many wanted a higher TTK. Higher TTK is more skill based because you actually have to aim. Once it's balanced properly it will be far superior.
  • ZAUBYYY
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    These are MY Thoughts of the new TTK (PC)

MY TTK Change Thoughts:

I was overall Against the change of TTK since i Prefer a faster Gameplay.
    But i went into the Update with an open Mind and wanted to see what Changed for me.

I play a really aggressiv playstile 2.5-3K/D most of the time, so keep that in mind.

First Minutes with net TTK:
    I caught myself playing more defensiv, i know i need more hits so i will be uncovered longer.
    Aware of the Situation and that Snipers didnt get changed, i played slower, more "controlled".
    Instant Deaths are gone, at least it felt like it ( i like this a lot but it could be fixed with ttd aswell)
    The Game definitely felt way slower than i expected, who knew that 15-20% ttk would make such an impact.

Getting to know the Guns with new TTK:

Assault:
    - STG44 and Sturmgewehr 1-5: Definetly the Losers in this Change, the TTK Change feels a bit worse
    than pre Patch, After 2-3 People you run out of Ammo, a Squad wipe... Pretty Hard now.
    Since the STG44 is one of my Favorite Weapons i find the nerf a bit too hard. Assault Rifles wasnt the problem
    in my eyes.
    - Gewehr 43: Lets Face it one of the Strongest Guns since Release. The TTK change hit hard here aswell, you need 4
    Hits most of the Time, with a 10 Shot MAG, do the Math, not viable anymore in my eyes.
    - Turner: Still like the Gun, But you NEED Extended Mag. You need 1 hit more in most cases here, In general
    i think thats what Semi Auto Rifles needed.
    - M1 Carbine: We got a Winner here. The Firerate Combined with Extended Mag 31 Shots, makes this weapon
    the Strongest after TTK Change in the Assault Class. Atleast in my opinion
    - Gewehr 1-5: Gun Was weak got buffed, and Profits from this Patch aswell, still not as stron as M1 tho.

Medic:

I dont wanna say much to this... it hit him even Harder than expected... You need too much ammo for 1-2 People.
    Its sad to watch my favorite Class fall behind even more. Especialy in CQC you fall way behind now, Mid Range is just an Ammo Waste.

Support:

I don't wanna Judge here, i played to less of this Class to Compare, the only Weapon i will play here is the Drilling.
    And This weapon didn't get Changed at all, but overall its a buff for Drilling Support since you can take more hits in melee.

Recon:

With this Patch i acctually think Sniper got the little Buff they needed to Compete to Assault semi Rifles, Enemys will be uncovered longer
    means more time to land a Headshot, You can quickscope most Enemys now 2x before Dying with the Lee Enfield and even with the Kar98k
    Reason is Definetly the the lower Damage of the Other Weapons.

SIDENOTE:
    In all Cases that i talk about Ammo issue, i go by a Rate of 2 Fired 1 Hit, so i would say "above Average"

Overall:
    Hard one, really hard one, i can get used to the slower TTK, if Medic Weapons would get stronger, i think letting them sit at 4BTK in close Range
    would be a start. Gewehr43 Definetly needs Tuning now, to low amount of Ammo. STG and Sturmgewehr need the 4BTK back aswell in my eyes.

The Higher TTK Fixes alot of Issues but brings new ones, I generaly enjoyed the Fast Gameplay and low TTK more compared to the Higher TTK.
    Tho i can see the Positives in it, but i dont Think this is the Way to go. Id rather Tweak guns and Classes more.
    But to complete this im Not Completly against it if they Tune weapons and Classes to fit the new TTK.

Greetings
    ZAUBYYY =)
  • Crucifiction1
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We are angry because we are NOT BETA TESTERS we are tired of testing for them.

We bought the full game and want to play it as is.
  • Jamesonoid
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If I'm not mistaken, CoD has a shorter TTK than BF. Fortnite is a different beast, beings it's BR, and shouldn't be used as a comparison. I think people need to quit losing their heads right now. They are testing it, we will try it and give them our feedback. If they listen or not...

BTW, I'm glad you joined this forum just to make a derogatory comparison of BF to CoD and Fortnite, very original and constructive. I look forward to more content from you in the future.
  • BewBewKittyFck
    34 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »

You have any idea what cutting soldier health in half compared to launch of this title would do?

BFV does not use the same damage model for it's "normal/core" mode that BF1 did. Simply reducing soldier health to create a HC mode as they've done in previous titles would not work this time around with the damage model they created.

They're trying to be transparent with the community and give a chance to test out various design paths and potential damage models. They are literally putting some of the testing in OUR hands (the players) and such is worthy or rage and contempt from some of you? Insane.

They are putting the alpha testing in our hands. The game was no where near close to be a finshed product even by EA standards.
  • danosta
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GodWebby wrote: »
    It pains me to say it but.
    #RIPBattlefield

#battlefieldissaved!
  • danosta
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Speak for yourself. This game is broken and needs a lot of fixes in adjustments. I'm totally in favor of this change.
  • realMartiniHenry
    152 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why cant i find conquest core in the advanced search filter ?

Are they really expecting me to play random maps, if i want to play with the old ttk? If this is the case then this game gets uninstalled right now.
  • Caustic
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Then just play Conquest Core?
  • Crucifiction1
    If I'm not mistaken, CoD has a shorter TTK than BF. Fortnite is a different beast, beings it's BR, and shouldn't be used as a comparison. I think people need to quit losing their heads right now. They are testing it, we will try it and give them our feedback. If they listen or not...

BTW, I'm glad you joined this forum just to make a derogatory comparison of BF to CoD and Fortnite, very original and constructive. I look forward to more content from you in the future.

Ive been making posts about BF since BF 1942...but I j=gues you never changed an email address in your life right?... Also, DICE wants to hear from those that dont post on the forums all the time right!? Well here we are
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »

They are putting the alpha testing in our hands. The game was no where near close to be a finshed product even by EA standards.

Disagree highly, as I was able to jump in on day 1 and have a good time. When I purchase games of this ilk I recognize there will be numerous changes/updates/tweaks over time as the title develops.

The alternative is for them to just not talk to the community, run simulations and data crunching in the background and then just force updates on the entire playerbase devoid of feedback/testing and then you babies cry they never listen or talk.

So, personally, I'll take this approach and laugh at the concept that EA creates the drama and not the whiny **** playerbase it seems to attract.
  • Panzerkeks85
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Great, thanks for your review, overall it doesn't sound so bad... just that some weapons need so love it seems? And with the higher ammo use I wonder if the attrition system needs a change as well?

What I don't understand is why DICE decided to hurt the medic class even more with this new TTK. The only strength of the medic was close quarter, according to your description even in that area they're useless now.
  • 0SiGHT0
    edited December 2018
    There are some tweaks that need to be made, as is true with all new changes. Nonetheless, a higher TTK is the superior choice for more skilled gameplay.
  • S1cknyss
    50 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just played 2 matches with the Sten. First match was 29-10 lots of time reviving. 2nd match I went 31-9. I don’t see any issues what so ever.
This discussion has been closed.