TTK Changes Discussion : All platforms

Comments

• 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    This is bfv ,not bc2..

I'm trying to show people what a far superior game looks like. BF3 was also far superior but had a very different damage model. The main point being there are hundreds of issues with BFV that people should be threatening to quit over, not this very minor, slightly net positive damage adjustment.
    This is bfv not bc2..

I'm trying to show people what a far superior game looks like. BF3 was also far superior but had a very different damage model. The main point being there are hundreds of issues with BFV that people should be threatening to quit over, not this very minor, slightly net positive damage adjustment.

That was 8 years ago. We are at today, I don't compare games to games of past because it makes zero sense to do so, these aren't even the same people who made bc2. The ttk going from what it was to bf1 type of ttks is dumb after launching the game this way.

I agree there is plenty people should be frustrated with, but any argument about what a game should be today and using an old standard of gaming is moot to me. That is behind us and probably for good. So in the present can we at least have some consistency dice, that's all I ask for lol.

Well I attempted to respond to your post with a lengthy response but these forums are horrible. Bottom line is the quality of these games have gone down significantly over time. This game is not a sequel to BF1, there's nothing wrong with changing up the weapon damage. BC2 to BF3 did that and both games were fine. Thinking that putting the superior games behind us and moving forward with ever decreasing sales and horrible gameplay is laughable. The FPS genre or BF Franchise hasn't advanced through different weapon damage, but it's declined with poor netcode, maps, and implementation.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TehPik wrote: »
    just played a match aerodrome

tried 1916, StG44, Suomi and ZH-29
    only really felt a difference with the ZH-29

hardly worth the apocalypse going on this forum/reddit...

I'm sure it isn't but people love going mental when it comes to this game.
  • MadeByRockets
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well DICE you did it.... You finally killed the medic class. How can you buff them a few days ago and now completely gut them. They received a direct damage multiplier nerf from 1.0x to 0.85x (headshots are still same TTK damage), so a direct damage reduction of 15%. How can it take 9... 9 FREAKING bullets to kill someone? Is this a joke? The effective range of most SMGS is 50 meters or less, yet it takes 7 bullets to kill someone. Meanwhile the assault rifles are at 6 bullets and are MUCH better at CQC than SMGS at the moment.

Also good little trick DICE with the TTK conquest core mode. It's hidden at the bottom of the advanced multiplayer menu. That should definitely skew the results of this "test" by lowering visibility of the option.

• QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly I was in doubt if it had even been implemented. Had to check.

So No, I Didnt notice a thing. Played mp28, lee enfield and Lewis gun. Felt the same. Gonna try out some assault weapons later. Right now i think people here are blowing this TTK change out proportion. Just like in bf1.
  • Baxxtersaw
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Looked at it...... Already hate it. It makes the lmgs and auto weapons a 7 hit kill at range and if I remember correctly that is the same as the Lewis/Huot from bf1 before bf1 got it's current TTK.

If I also remember correctly, people absolutely hated using all slow firing weapons in bf1 because of that damage model.

In other words, please leave the TTK untouched or we will end up right back where we started.
  • S1cknyss
    50 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’ve played about 4 games. Very little difference. First 2 games as a medic. Went 29-10 and 31-9.

Tried out the G43. Worked just fine. Truthfully I didn’t notice much of a difference.

I truly believe and you can attack me all you want but the people complaining are only complaining because the low TTK made them better than they are.

I’ve never seen so much doom and gloom. And it’s coming mostly from people who haven’t even tried yet. Ridiculous.
  • r3f1cul666
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The netcode is broken because they carry over the same version of the atrocious engine from the last several games. They would be better off copy and pasting what they had from BC2 or BF3 and go from there.

honestly BF hasnt felt this bad to me since BF4s launch tho ... even the AEK and m16a3 didnt melt like the weakest guns do in this dumpster fire of a game... heck even the automatico feels fair in BF1 this game is just a coin flip for if your guns are gonna do any damage or if you are going to get insta killed by people who cant be that good or have that reaction time... clearly connection problems game is a joke :(
  • ZAUBYYY
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TehPik wrote: »
    just played a match aerodrome

tried 1916, StG44, Suomi and ZH-29
    only really felt a difference with the ZH-29

hardly worth the apocalypse going on this forum/reddit...

I'm sure it isn't but people love going mental when it comes to this game.

People Definetly do, thats why i try to be open.
  • Dragam
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've just been playing some rounds with the new TTK, and it is just as bad as expected...

The ironic thing is that they didn't nerf the most WTF weapons... again bolt action rifles being able to instant kill you from any distance, and retardedly, the m30 drilling (shotgun) aswell... damn there are alot of people using the drilling now, cause the kill times are now so long, so it is super easy to either just do an instant kill with buckshot at close range, or do a headshot with it and get instant kill at any range... due to the increased TTK for all other weapons, you have plenty of time lining up that headshot...

Had a round where i was shooting with my mg42 at a guy who had the drilling BEFORE he shot at me, he just turns around at headshots me... this is at roughly 60 meters, so the mg42 reqruires 7 (!!!!!) bullets to kill, and has crazy recoil making it very hard to hit, but this shotgun can just instant kill me at that distance NP... fack off, like really !

The only thing this TTK change has done, is make weapons that can instant kill more OP.

And what is even more ironic... it has not solved the TTD issues... i still get random 1 frame deaths from weapons that takes 6 bullets to kill... i am 100% certain that their servers are at fault.
  • S1cknyss
    How so? Just played two games with the Sten. 29-10 and 31-9. Tons of revives. It actually felt better to me.

Oh well to each his own I guess.
  • S1cknyss
    Hardly any change. You people are so dramatic.
  • Narfiam
    198 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I absolutely love the new TTK. The last match I've played is the best match i've played since launch with 64 hours played despite being in my least favourite map (Fjell 654).
    The people who don't like the new TTK must stop moaning and go to core servers.
  • Mibu-No-Okami
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I completely agree with MadeByRockets, I was in love with the MP40 since the first hour and now you can throw this gun away because you need to many shots at distance and in close quarter it loses most of the time due to low rate of fire it was better overall with the old ttk
  • BlackarrowPSN
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m not a great player but I really liked the faster TTK we had until now.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is bfv ,not bc2..

This is bfv not bc2..

That was 8 years ago. We are at today, I don't compare games to games of past because it makes zero sense to do so, these aren't even the same people who made bc2. The ttk going from what it was to bf1 type of ttks is dumb after launching the game this way.

I agree there is plenty people should be frustrated with, but any argument about what a game should be today and using an old standard of gaming is moot to me. That is behind us and probably for good. So in the present can we at least have some consistency dice, that's all I ask for lol.

Well I attempted to respond to your post with a lengthy response but these forums are horrible. Bottom line is the quality of these games have gone down significantly over time. This game is not a sequel to BF1, there's nothing wrong with changing up the weapon damage. BC2 to BF3 did that and both games were fine. Thinking that putting the superior games behind us and moving forward with ever decreasing sales and horrible gameplay is laughable. The FPS genre or BF Franchise hasn't advanced through different weapon damage, but it's declined with poor netcode, maps, and implementation.

I agree to an extent I really do, my issue is launching the game in the manner they did and then completely nuking it. They should have postponed this game until spring in my opinion
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This game is just a mess. We all knew that changing the TTK wasnt going to do anything for the TTD, yet DICE went ahead anyway because they dont care about community feedback. They even said it themselves that while they heard the outcry against the new TTK, they still went ahead with changing it "because the passive players are logging off more and not coming back" essentially.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Foxrun wrote: »
    The best we can do is let the game die along with the trash community that wanted these changes. This is not what BF2, 2412, and 3 were built on. What happened to this series? Is this EA? A new generation of gamers?

All combined. A Developer Company that seems to see itself more as a political NGO instead instead of a Developer and EA ist just the greedy Company it always was. Both of them focused this game on the typical Fortnite and COD Community that gets stressed when nothing shiny or spectacular happens on the screen every five seconds.
  • Skitelz7
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    They are getting SPAMMED with the #NotMyTKK hashtag on Twitter. Lmao!
    This isn't going to end well.

Hopefully these people leave the franchise for good.
    They are hurting franchise more than helping.
    We are on this mess because of them.

So you're for the new TTK?

I am for playing the game and enjoying it. Instead of this back and forth drama.

There's a reason for the "drama".

But the manner in which people interact with developers online is part of the major issues we seen in development cycles.

Everything is "mob-rule" nowadays and it creates problematic atmospheres for developers trying to engage with their communities. We end up with the "worst of the worst" driving so many decisions due to vocal backlash. Common decency and decorum can't be expected 100%, but we can strive to not applaud those that just wish to stir the proverbial pot.

That's what the forums are for.
  • ZAUBYYY
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Narfiam wrote: »
    I absolutely love the new TTK. The last match I've played is the best match i've played since launch with 64 hours played despite being in my least favourite map (Fjell 654).
    The people who don't like the new TTK must stop moaning and go to core servers.

As i Stated Earlier, this Patch Effects diffrent kind of players diffrently. And yes they should stop moaning and give Constructive Critisism.
This discussion has been closed.