TTK Changes Discussion : All platforms

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    About to get on my first round...

Yeah no not for me I installed and flushed my Xbox down the toilet after this:

• Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let me just drop a #feelsbadman for all the players like me who are stuck at work and have to read about the changes rather than feel em out
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Iightblack wrote: »
    Because an higher TTK enhances your skill.

Can you explain how ?
  • Iightblack
    158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some people want a low TTK. Some people want an high TTK.

Old Battlefield had two modes: standard (high ttk) and hardcore (low one).

This should happen also with BF5. You should leave Conquest and Conquest Core... in this way, every one is happy and you have players that play.
  • BenBit13
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    Let me just drop a #feelsbadman for all the players like me who are stuck at work and have to read about the changes rather than feel em out

90% of the people on here and especially on reddit and twitter haven't tried the update either and are still juding it anyway.
  • 8rTk8
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This update broke the game. As a battlefield 1942 Veteran, and all the mistakes made in bf1 i've desided that this game is gonna be the last BF game i play. Atleast i had some good BF3 Vibes from BFV before the TTK was changed. But now the game is completely ruined.... Skill is somthing you earn, not somthing you fix to please children.....
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BenBit13 wrote: »
    Gforce81 wrote: »

90% of the people on here and especially on reddit and twitter haven't tried the update either and are still juding it anyway.

I have to say... I’m a big fan so far I was super sceptical at first too
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @ OP
    What you played yesterday night was the game after the 2nd update that released on the 11th. That patch DID NOTHING in terms of gameplay/weapon balancing, it was purely bug fixing (like infinite loading, crashes) and removing the fact that when you kill somebody you aren't spotted on the minimap anymore. That was it. The TTK patch was only released a handful of hours ago. All that about yesterday night's matches you played is all placebo effect unless you are used to flanking enemies only to have them turn instantly on you the moment you got a first kill. That is the only thing that could have changed anything.
  • Hawxxeye
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1 more bullet is a huge difference for some guns compared to the others.
    Think in percentages, for one gun 1 more bullet is 50% more ttk while for others it is a lot less. For 1 gun that one more bullet is 20% of its total gun capacity while for others it can be down to less than 1%
  • 5bulletsSLR
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    Low recoil is one of the main reasons TTK 1.0 in BFV doesn't work. Not only did DICE buff weapon damage, but they also reduced recoil so every bullet lands on target.

They basically double buffed the TTK in BFV. Add to that LMGs that fire over 1,000 rounds-per-minute, plus zero recoil while bi-pod and you end up with the instant-death TTD mess in BFV TTK 1.0.

there isn't less recoil compared to bf1... what are you talking about?
    at least there is more horizontal recoil which is the one that really matters when considering a weapon's effectiveness....

it is extremely ez to make it feel like 0 recoil on PC, I have been played weapons like general liu factory/RSC smg optical for a very long time so I do know how little recoil most bf5 weapons have.

general liu doesn't even have a lot of recoil lmao. also the other weapons you mention are all ones thst barely have any side to side recoil but somewhat heavy vertical recoil (even though the rsc also had super slow rof so the kick was mainly visual and not really limiting its potential). apparently that's a problem for you, but it's objectively not what limits the weapons. what limits weapons is side to side recoil (at least in bf games), which bfv has arguably more than bf1. also side to side recoil is ways more impactfull considering the precision of all the weapons in bfv.

I would really like to see you beam people across the map with a suomi... shouldn't be a problem as it has 0 recoil apparently...

check out the general liu factory's stats and then you can say IT DOES NOT HAVE V and H recoil.

I know the stats. you think a - 0.5 to 0.5 interval on a 299 rpm is a lot of side to side recoil? but then the suomi has 0 recoil? ok bro... Nice argument lmao.

true I did forget about the vertical recoil being on the high end for slrs. regardless as its vertical recoil it can easily be controlled and slrs don't have high vertical recoil in general so it's no valid argument anyway...

Good point man, you have 780kills with liu, and that is on console. On the other hand, I have 10k+ with liu storm and 2k+ with liu factory on PC. and according to what you said, "regardless as its vertical recoil it can easily be controlled and slrs don't have high vertical recoil in general". OK, bro, put down your controller and jump onto PC and we will see if IT IS EZ TO CONTROL liu factory.

even with aim assist its still harder to controll recoil with a controller than with a mouse. however I played this particular gun without any aim assist because it had a bolt action mode and I hate aim assist on bolt actions...

also what does kills or platform have to do with this anyways? if you don't think the numbers are enough u just gonna resort to attacking my credibility by pointing out that I'm playing on console? lmao... pathetic

you know the fact that SLR is completely different from PC to console right?
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i dislike
  • oxi_lu
    84 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds good in theory... But in practice not everybody plays Conquest.
    They have already hidden the new map in this mode, now they did the same with TTK

If however you don't play Conquest you're basically screwed/left out or suck it up. Neither appeals to me so far.
  • CottonTheMoth
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Correct, the game that you played and enjoyed last night is not the same game that has updated today to increase the bullets required to kill (TTK, Time To Kill).
  • Blunderkindz
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was wondering why something felt off today not realizing you broke the game once again. Before today the game felt fine, it felt like a different game where tactics came into play for once. Now it just feels like a bullet sponge simulator.

Do you always have to break things that don't have to be broken?
  • Zviko0
    1619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Easy example, STG 44 vs ZH-29.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    To be fair though, I'd rather they do this fannying on now instead of a massive sweeping change 18 months down the line.

I agree, even just after launching this seems slightly ridiculous to me though.
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    The attrition system should be done away with, at least for gadgets.

I don't love attrition, but it grew on me a little. I may be back to not liking it if it's taking a mag of ammo to get 1 kill
  • 5bulletsSLR
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    Low recoil is one of the main reasons TTK 1.0 in BFV doesn't work. Not only did DICE buff weapon damage, but they also reduced recoil so every bullet lands on target.

They basically double buffed the TTK in BFV. Add to that LMGs that fire over 1,000 rounds-per-minute, plus zero recoil while bi-pod and you end up with the instant-death TTD mess in BFV TTK 1.0.

there isn't less recoil compared to bf1... what are you talking about?
    at least there is more horizontal recoil which is the one that really matters when considering a weapon's effectiveness....

it is extremely ez to make it feel like 0 recoil on PC, I have been played weapons like general liu factory/RSC smg optical for a very long time so I do know how little recoil most bf5 weapons have.

general liu doesn't even have a lot of recoil lmao. also the other weapons you mention are all ones thst barely have any side to side recoil but somewhat heavy vertical recoil (even though the rsc also had super slow rof so the kick was mainly visual and not really limiting its potential). apparently that's a problem for you, but it's objectively not what limits the weapons. what limits weapons is side to side recoil (at least in bf games), which bfv has arguably more than bf1. also side to side recoil is ways more impactfull considering the precision of all the weapons in bfv.

I would really like to see you beam people across the map with a suomi... shouldn't be a problem as it has 0 recoil apparently...

check out the general liu factory's stats and then you can say IT DOES NOT HAVE V and H recoil.

I know the stats. you think a - 0.5 to 0.5 interval on a 299 rpm is a lot of side to side recoil? but then the suomi has 0 recoil? ok bro... Nice argument lmao.

true I did forget about the vertical recoil being on the high end for slrs. regardless as its vertical recoil it can easily be controlled and slrs don't have high vertical recoil in general so it's no valid argument anyway...

Good point man, you have 780kills with liu, and that is on console. On the other hand, I have 10k+ with liu storm and 2k+ with liu factory on PC. and according to what you said, "regardless as its vertical recoil it can easily be controlled and slrs don't have high vertical recoil in general". OK, bro, put down your controller and jump onto PC and we will see if IT IS EZ TO CONTROL liu factory.

even with aim assist its still harder to controll recoil with a controller than with a mouse. however I played this particular gun without any aim assist because it had a bolt action mode and I hate aim assist on bolt actions...

also what does kills or platform have to do with this anyways? if you don't think the numbers are enough u just gonna resort to attacking my credibility by pointing out that I'm playing on console? lmao... pathetic

Also, I am talking about the semi-auto mode, not the bolt action mode, I bet you have never touched that gun before its bolt action patch, and that's why you said it has no recoil.
  • hawkseye17
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    99% of people disagree
  • FOG-Daheeee
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just please change the TTD, still 5 or 6 shots to kill for me and 2 to die. It feels very badly balanced. If I die with the same amount of bullets as I kill with then it would be fair. Going to sit this game out for a while to see if they change it.
This discussion has been closed.