Does DICE even realize what people want and don't want?

«1
hawkseye17
577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I feel there is a really large gap between what developers are doing and what the community wants/doesn't want.

Comments

  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    you're misunderstanding this forum and reddit as the majority when in fact they are the minority... just very vocal. even dice have said this but just in a different wording.

    the majority of the playerbase (aka casuals) aren't on the forums or reddit.

    so when you go here on the forum you think "well everyone agrees that ttk is ok so dice wtf is going on" when in fact what you are seeing here are the (vocal) minority.
  • Trokey66
    8269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Problem is, the 'Community' doesn't even know what it wants.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So dice chooses to use their data to interpret the voices of the majority that is less vocal? That seems like a great idea...
  • shadowdrake35
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    vcm0x wrote: »
    you're misunderstanding this forum and reddit as the majority when in fact they are the minority... just very vocal. even dice have said this but just in a different wording.

    the majority of the playerbase (aka casuals) aren't on the forums or reddit.

    so when you go here on the forum you think "well everyone agrees that ttk is ok so dice wtf is going on" when in fact what you are seeing here are the (vocal) minority.

    Those vocal people are your core people
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    vcm0x wrote: »
    you're misunderstanding this forum and reddit as the majority when in fact they are the minority... just very vocal. even dice have said this but just in a different wording.

    the majority of the playerbase (aka casuals) aren't on the forums or reddit.

    so when you go here on the forum you think "well everyone agrees that ttk is ok so dice wtf is going on" when in fact what you are seeing here are the (vocal) minority.

    So how are the majority getting the game wrecked if they aren't vocal? Where are DICE getting all these suggestions that no one likes the slightly faster TTK cos I can't see them?
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was a fan of the old TTK but the new model just feels less rage enducing. It has also made me considerably more lethal
  • Trokey66
    8269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    vcm0x wrote: »
    you're misunderstanding this forum and reddit as the majority when in fact they are the minority... just very vocal. even dice have said this but just in a different wording.

    the majority of the playerbase (aka casuals) aren't on the forums or reddit.

    so when you go here on the forum you think "well everyone agrees that ttk is ok so dice wtf is going on" when in fact what you are seeing here are the (vocal) minority.

    Those vocal people are your core people

    Are they?

    Just because some one doesn't frequent forums, doesn't mean they are not 'core' playerbase.

    I know plenty of players that don't come here at all.
  • Naskoni
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am absolutely certain they know what we want - they said so themselves. They also practically said that they don't care about what we want and will go ahead with their changes anyway, which they also did.
  • FillthyCasuall
    96 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't over power or under power things and don't take months to balance them if so and im happy.
  • Oskool_007
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    vcm0x wrote: »
    you're misunderstanding this forum and reddit as the majority when in fact they are the minority... just very vocal. even dice have said this but just in a different wording.

    the majority of the playerbase (aka casuals) aren't on the forums or reddit.

    so when you go here on the forum you think "well everyone agrees that ttk is ok so dice wtf is going on" when in fact what you are seeing here are the (vocal) minority.

    So how are the majority getting the game wrecked if they aren't vocal? Where are DICE getting all these suggestions that no one likes the slightly faster TTK cos I can't see them?

    DICE is looking at sales numbers and how many players are logging into BFV daily. They said the number of players logging into the game is on the decline. We also know BFV went on sale for 50% off a week after release, and has stayed on sale ever since.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    I feel there is a really large gap between what developers are doing and what the community wants/doesn't want.

    Do you?
  • realMartiniHenry
    152 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    vcm0x wrote: »
    you're misunderstanding this forum and reddit as the majority when in fact they are the minority... just very vocal. even dice have said this but just in a different wording.

    the majority of the playerbase (aka casuals) aren't on the forums or reddit.

    so when you go here on the forum you think "well everyone agrees that ttk is ok so dice wtf is going on" when in fact what you are seeing here are the (vocal) minority.

    Those vocal people are your core people

    Are they?

    Just because some one doesn't frequent forums, doesn't mean they are not 'core' playerbase.

    I know plenty of players that don't come here at all.

    Look at the reaction on their twitter:



    Doesnt look like a vocal minority to me. Your argument would only work if only this vocal minority would post on their official twitter and no one out of the quiet majority you imagine to be there.

  • Audition89
    43 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Company has low sales numbers
    Company calls a meeting to brainstorm what is hurting sales
    Guy(Person) comes up with idea that people are quitting because they are dying too fast and this is a low cost change to improve sales numbers
    All applaud this fix and call it a day

    This won't fix the numbers they will have more meetings on how to fix this, right now the only attrition that is happening is the player base
  • spartanx169x
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    vcm0x wrote: »
    you're misunderstanding this forum and reddit as the majority when in fact they are the minority... just very vocal. even dice have said this but just in a different wording.

    the majority of the playerbase (aka casuals) aren't on the forums or reddit.

    so when you go here on the forum you think "well everyone agrees that ttk is ok so dice wtf is going on" when in fact what you are seeing here are the (vocal) minority.

    So how are the majority getting the game wrecked if they aren't vocal? Where are DICE getting all these suggestions that no one likes the slightly faster TTK cos I can't see them?

    It’s quite simple really. Dice knows who played the beta for BF1 and subsequently bought the game and how much they played. They also know of the BF1 players who played the BF V BETA how they did and if they have bought BFV. Lastly they know who bought BF V played it how they did/doing and if they played a few sessions and put the game away and how they did. Most of the time players put a game away if they are constantly getting wrecked. Most will not tough it out and get good. It’s not hard to guess why a player has quit if they had great stats in BF1 and got BF V and got wrecked and said to heck with it. Most will not bother going to any forum, they simply go to a game they do enjoy.
  • SirSpectacle
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Considering how BFV was marketed and how poor the sales turned out in result, I'm pretty sure they have no clue.
  • S1cknyss
    50 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So many of you are so painfully ignorant it’s mind boggling.

    My best friend who has never once been on the forums nor does he read patch notes had no idea about this TTK change.

    I called him and asked him if he noticed any difference. He said no not all why. I told him about the TTK changes and he said WOW I had no idea.

    The crap is in your head. I as well notice no real difference. What I do notice is not worthy of this sniveling drivel that is plagueing this forum.
  • disposalist
    8505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The community has widened and fractured as far as I can tell. In some ways DICE has no chance.

    Casual vs Competitive: You can't balance for both high and low TTK. You can't balance for small and large maps. You can't balance for infantry-centric and vehicles.

    Hardcore vs Core: You can't satisfy hardcore folks with attrition, limited ammo and low TTK.

    Console vs PC: The difference that controller and aim assist make means you cannot balance many weapons to work in a balanced way in both systems.

    In some ways, what DICE is doing right now with higher TTK servers will do two good things: Provide a chance for casual and competitive players to both have what they define as 'fun' (which are often quite different). Provide a direct indicator (number of players) of which type is truly more popular so they aren't 'fooled' by those most noisy in forums and Reddit that they are the 'true' community.

    The problem is just raising the TTK without balancing more extensively is unlikely to produce a good higher TTK gunplay experience like BF1, for example. It might well make it feel worse even to those usually liking higher TTK.

    Also, the people who like higher TTK like BF1 and are probably, after the low TTK in BF5 alpha and beta, still playing BF1.
  • Trokey66
    8269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    vcm0x wrote: »
    you're misunderstanding this forum and reddit as the majority when in fact they are the minority... just very vocal. even dice have said this but just in a different wording.

    the majority of the playerbase (aka casuals) aren't on the forums or reddit.

    so when you go here on the forum you think "well everyone agrees that ttk is ok so dice wtf is going on" when in fact what you are seeing here are the (vocal) minority.

    Those vocal people are your core people

    Are they?

    Just because some one doesn't frequent forums, doesn't mean they are not 'core' playerbase.

    I know plenty of players that don't come here at all.

    Look at the reaction on their twitter:



    Doesnt look like a vocal minority to me. Your argument would only work if only this vocal minority would post on their official twitter and no one out of the quiet majority you imagine to be there.

    Millions by the game, thousands (at most) frequent the forums.

    You do the maths.......
  • realMartiniHenry
    152 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    S1cknyss wrote: »
    So many of you are so painfully ignorant it’s mind boggling.

    My best friend who has never once been on the forums nor does he read patch notes had no idea about this TTK change.

    I called him and asked him if he noticed any difference. He said no not all why. I told him about the TTK changes and he said WOW I had no idea.

    The crap is in your head. I as well notice no real difference. What I do notice is not worthy of this sniveling drivel that is plagueing this forum.

    Yes but not everybody is as clueless as you and your friend.Most people are not as stupid as you want them to be. Most people stoped playing battlefront 2 for the lootbox siituation and most people will leave this game very soon for the low amount of content and things like them not listening to their community when it comes to things like ttk and rentable server. If they dont wake up and start to listen, then its the end of BF, in one or two games, its that serious.

  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loving TTK 2.0!
This discussion has been closed.