TTK Changes Discussion : All platforms

Comments

• muggunner
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well this is now simply not the game I bought. And the TTD they were gonna fix with this still is not fixed, so why even do this. TTK is probably the ONE thing the community did not want changed...
  • Hawxxeye
    6314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TTD issues are still present in the newest build. TTK changes didn't help at all. I guess it wasn't all about TTK after all.
    I can confirm that I died with a single hitmarker by an lmg earlier
  • Blunderkindz
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    If you are truly skilled then TTK means nothing. You will adapt.

You not understand the difference between adapt and be free to use all your skills.

With the new TTK, skilled players are blocked, they will continue to performing alot better of others players, but they can't play totally free.

Simple Example.

With the actual TTK, a skilled player can kill entire squad playing good.

With the new TTK, now a skilled player have the possibility to fail to kill entire squad even if he play good, because enemies have more time to move and react even if they are caught off guard.

Another example is the less importance of accuracy and reflex with new TTK.

In close quarters there are more time to react if you get off guard.

In open space, you have more time to reach a cover even if you get hitted with every shot.

I agree with this. I literally felt lost today. When I came up on 2 guys before the change, I was able to react fast enough because I have skill to plink both off pretty quickly, but today I tried the same thing and was only able to kill one because of how long it takes to freaking kill someone now. Please tell me how this fixes the skill gap when it is the complete opposite? Longer TTK is a literal crutch for bad players.
  • fancyultrafresh
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The TTK has made this feel like BF1. I played around 300 hours of BF1, but the TTK was what genuinely brought me to BFV (I hadn't really cared for the setting as much as I love WW2). It felt more like a simulator than a videogame in a way.

SMGs (and thus Medics) are back to being essentially worthless. That extra shot now needed to get a kill at anything other than extremely close range is almost impossible, because you are outclassed by anybody with a range beyond 25 yards. Some of the lower mag capacity or slower firing guns are now even less valid to play, because you'll either run out of ammo or shoot too slow to get more than one enemy a reload.

I get that the fast TTK probably turned away new players because it's a raw deal for anyone casual, but now I feel pushed away as a long time BF player. I really hope they reevaluate the changes made and reset the TTK to what it was. I'll take the glitched TTD over this poor game-feel any day of the week....

if you think the smgs are bad, then try the recon slrs

Good lord, I can imagine.
  • 1cHBiNEiNKaEsE
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This new TTK is making me think about quitting an otherwise pretty amazing game.....very bad job dice... :'(:'(:'(:'(
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    30hz servers is the real problem... they just dont have the testicular fortitude to come out and say it. And say that the game sold too poorly for them to upgrade the servers.

I'd rather play a game where the killing feels good and the deaths feel bad than the killing feels bad and the deaths feel good. Especially since I'm usually killing atleast 2x as much.
  • WHISPonPCin480P
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    My god please revert these TTK changes. I think this thread is enough evidence to suggest the player base (or at least the ones you should be caring about) on average don't like these changes. The fast TTK made this game feel skillful and rewarding - now it just feels like BF1.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All this patch has done is make the weaker guns perform even worse. Medic SMGs were at least usable after their buff, but outgunning anyone at moderate range now is going to be that much harder. And Recon SLRs just had their range nerfed even further, so now they're outgunned at all ranges.

So essentially the already favored classes (Assault & Support) just got even more attractive.

GG
  • ZAUBYYY
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    These are MY Thoughts of the new TTK (PC)

MY TTK Change Thoughts:

I was overall Against the change of TTK since i Prefer a faster Gameplay. But i went into the Update with an open Mind and wanted to see what Changed for me.

I play a really aggressiv playstile 2.5-3K/D most of the time, so keep that in mind.

First Minutes with net TTK: I caught myself playing more defensiv, i know i need more hits so i will be uncovered longer. Aware of the Situation and that Snipers didnt get changed, i played slower, more "controlled". Instant Deaths are gone, at least it felt like it ( i like this a lot but it could be fixed with ttd aswell) The Game definitely felt way slower than i expected, who knew that 15-20% ttk would make such an impact.

Getting to know the Guns with new TTK:

Assault:
    - STG44 and Sturmgewehr 1-5: Definetly the Losers in this Change, the TTK Change feels a bit worse than pre Patch, After 2-3 People you run out of Ammo, a Squad wipe... Pretty Hard now. Since the STG44 is one of my Favorite Weapons i find the nerf a bit too hard. Assault Rifles wasnt the problem in my eyes. - Gewehr 43: Lets Face it one of the Strongest Guns since Release. The TTK change hit hard here aswell, you need 4 Hits most of the Time, with a 10 Shot MAG, do the Math, not viable anymore in my eyes. - Turner: Still like the Gun, But you NEED Extended Mag. You need 1 hit more in most cases here, In general i think thats what Semi Auto Rifles needed. - M1 Carbine: We got a Winner here. The Firerate Combined with Extended Mag 31 Shots, makes this weapon the Strongest after TTK Change in the Assault Class. Atleast in my opinion - Gewehr 1-5: Gun Was weak got buffed, and Profits from this Patch aswell, still not as stron as M1 tho.

Medic:

I dont wanna say much to this... it hit him even Harder than expected... You need too much ammo for 1-2 People. Its sad to watch my favorite Class fall behind even more. Especialy in CQC you fall way behind now, Mid Range is just an Ammo Waste.

Support:

I don't wanna Judge here, i played to less of this Class to Compare, the only Weapon i will play here is the Drilling. And This weapon didn't get Changed at all, but overall its a buff for Drilling Support since you can take more hits in melee.

Recon:

With this Patch i acctually think Sniper got the little Buff they needed to Compete to Assault semi Rifles, Enemys will be uncovered longer means more time to land a Headshot, You can quickscope most Enemys now 2x before Dying with the Lee Enfield and even with the Kar98k Reason is Definetly the the lower Damage of the Other Weapons.

SIDENOTE:
    In all Cases that i talk about Ammo issue, i go by a Rate of 2 Fired 1 Hit, so i would say "above Average"

Overall:
    Hard one, really hard one, i can get used to the slower TTK, if Medic Weapons would get stronger, i think letting them sit at 4BTK in close Range would be a start. Gewehr43 Definetly needs Tuning now, to low amount of Ammo. STG and Sturmgewehr need the 4BTK back aswell in my eyes.

The Higher TTK Fixes alot of Issues but brings new ones, I generaly enjoyed the Fast Gameplay and low TTK more compared to the Higher TTK. Tho i can see the Positives in it, but i dont Think this is the Way to go. Id rather Tweak guns and Classes more. But to complete this im Not Completly against it if they Tune weapons and Classes to fit the new TTK. I also Crossposted on the Forums

Greetings ZAUBYYY =)
  • fancyultrafresh
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All this patch has done is make the weaker guns perform even worse. Medic SMGs were at least usable after their buff, but outgunning anyone at moderate range now is going to be that much harder. And Recon SLRs just had their range nerfed even further, so now they're outgunned at all ranges.

So essentially the already favored classes (Assault & Support) just got even more attractive.

GG

Dude I bought BFV for two of my mates as an early Christmas gift because I was enjoying the gameplay so much. Now I feel I wasted my money. It's such a disheartening feeling.
  • SliceNaToooR
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unless this gets reverted, I'm probably done with this game and will move to Insurgency : Sandstorm.

They now just took the best part of BFV to make it feel like BF1 and I'm sure most player that payed both game can agree that the TTK was probably the worst part of BF1.

Worst of all, they went ahead with this change against the community.

RIP.
    Thanks Dice for the mostly amazing month I've had with the game.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Simply revert changes to SMGs (they sucked prepatch, now they are pure garbage), Gewehr 43 (4BTK with 10 rounds capacity is bad) and scouts' DMRs (3BTK with 5 rounds is nonsense in bf5).
    This, imo, will make the game even more balanced than prepatch as SMGs and scouts' DMRs will finally have their respective niches back. Rest is fine.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same.
  • Audition89
    43 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    30hz servers is the real problem... they just dont have the testicular fortitude to come out and say it. And say that the game sold too poorly for them to upgrade the servers.

I'd rather play a game where the killing feels good and the deaths feel bad than the killing feels bad and the deaths feel good. Especially since I'm usually killing atleast 2x as much.

This is a super easy fix though. Third party servers, let the players subscribe, they take a cut of the subscription in an agreement with server host. Boom problem solved and you've created a long term stream of revenue.

Don't you have guys with MBA's there?
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not gonna lie guys I’m averaging 50+ kills in CQ now and dying less, I think I’m sold lol
  • NLBartmaN
    3606 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I would not be surprised if they changed their contract with Amazon to lower performance.

Isn't Amazon the ONLY server provider now?

And in BF1 there where more companies renting servers to Dice?
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TTD bug is still present but not as much as before, I've been levelling up Recon and Assault.

Assault still feel exactly the same I didn't notice any difference at all. They're still OP.

Recon Model 8 on a couple of occasions took 3 bullets to take down opponents but it felt a little inconsistent. Majority of the time 2 did the job no problem. I thought it may just be a glitch rather than new TTK.

On PS4 it felt so similar to the previous TTK I wasn't sure anything had changed (have Dice changed anything on console yet?), just had two back to back strong games on Conquest so for me it's all good.

• RododindronVener
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    This game was a blast, only game I touched since launch. I played so much (too much). Lvl 50, Lvl 20 almost every class, 2.1 ratio. Played every game since bfbc2 on multiple platforms sometimes.

Considering selling the game if this becomes the norm. This seems to have destroyed a lot of fun and rewarding playstyles and encourages camping/painfulpainly slow games. Skill cap is not lower by any means (that makes no sense for you guys to say that) but skilled players are clearly restricted in their aggressivity. You have way less viable flaking options, way less risk/reward goodness and such. This will bother a lot of people and probably bore them.

And of course it didn't fix the TTD. Because why would it when the netcode needs a patch?

I'll try it for myself soon enough and update if need be but my mind is already made up from the footage and people's feedback.

Edit : Tried it, still hope it doesn't become the norm. If it does I hope you all remember these companies (EA AND Dice, they are to blame as well) are basically giving you the finger. I won't ever go near a company that gives 70%+ of their playerbase the finger
    This game was sold as a fast pathed shooter, strategy focused game. Not a BF1 reskin, sponge brawl simulator. A lot of us defended EA-Dice when people called it that.
    Post edited by RododindronVener on
  • GrizzGolf
    1064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It sounds like a mix bag with the new TTK
This discussion has been closed.