Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

• Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    Hm

In light of the ZH-29 changes, it might be time to pick up the Lee Enfield with ROF upgrade again
    Only problem with Enfield is the laughable bulllet velocity and huge bullet drop...

Gewehr M95/30 is better in every way and it has a ROF of 67, which is descent... Problem is it suffers from huge bullet drop as well, took a 530m shot with it 1 week ago, bullet velocity and bullet drop was ridicilous...

The only sniper rifle that are reliable is the Krag-Jorgensen, you zero it to 150 and you know most of your shots will hit... sure only ROF of 55 with that setup, but better that then missing half my shots...

Can't speak for Krag-Jorgensen because that's the only BA I haven't tried yet but Kar98k is pretty good at range as well with low drag bullets.
    Yeah, but one problem I have with Kar98k is the recoil, its harder to see where you bullet land so harder to compensate for bullet drop, but with the Krag-Jorgensen this is not a problem...

I suggest you try out the Krag-Jorgensen, but
    be sure to spec it with ”quick aim”, ”variable zeroing”, ”low drag rounds” and ”bipod”... I think how good this rifle is, might surprise you... It almost (and I mean almost), feels like a sniper rifle from battlefield 1...

I definitely will as soon as I finish all masteries with Gewehr and Enfield. Only 2 left so should be quick. I've seen people praising it a lot and claiming that it's the best BA rifle in the game. Interesting since it looks like the worst one on paper.
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    You guys still whining in here wishing this was a bf1 reskin? :D

I predict with ttk 2.0 that you guys will still be expecting 1 shot to the body kills while everyone else will be screaming about the nerf guns.

Then BF5 will mostly die because it wont be worth playing anymore, you guys wont have anyone to shoot at, and this thread will just naturally end as the forums become a ghost town. :D

You're still coming back with nonsense about things nobody asked for?

Again, for the billionth time... we don't want one hit kill body shots.

Can we get another "This is how you're supposed to play recon" satire video again?

But you do want 1 hit kill body shots, or at least an increased chance of the same.

:D You can play it how you wanna play it, I just showed you how I play it. There's no satire there.

Don't forget to put down your spawn beacons tho, it's most important.

the way you play it looks like satire tbh😂

LMAO I saw your gameplay, dragshotting with slowdown and a scope. So much cheese.

Keep trying tho, one day you might get good.
    Post edited by PEZZALUCIFER on
  • Cerben1
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fastest and lest effort to get to lvl 20 and get the uniform was Drums Recon and the only hard part in it was every prone kills in streak whit out death. now the suport MMG whill only work in prone and whit an bipode lets talk about needed buffs and happy to be a target in sniperfield V whit new ttk for Recon Heros
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hm

In light of the ZH-29 changes, it might be time to pick up the Lee Enfield with ROF upgrade again
    Only problem with Enfield is the laughable bulllet velocity and huge bullet drop...

Gewehr M95/30 is better in every way and it has a ROF of 67, which is descent... Problem is it suffers from huge bullet drop as well, took a 530m shot with it 1 week ago, bullet velocity and bullet drop was ridicilous...

The only sniper rifle that are reliable is the Krag-Jorgensen, you zero it to 150 and you know most of your shots will hit... sure only ROF of 55 with that setup, but better that then missing half my shots...

Can't speak for Krag-Jorgensen because that's the only BA I haven't tried yet but Kar98k is pretty good at range as well with low drag bullets.
    Yeah, but one problem I have with Kar98k is the recoil, its harder to see where you bullet land so harder to compensate for bullet drop, but with the Krag-Jorgensen this is not a problem...

be sure to spec it with ”quick aim”, ”variable zeroing”, ”low drag rounds” and ”bipod”... I think how good this rifle is, might surprise you... It almost (and I mean almost), feels like a sniper rifle from battlefield 1...
    I finally tried it today. It is simply amazing. A headshot machine.
    I even performed one of the weirdest headshots.
    I was aiming for the sniper at the distance then that assault comes to my face making me shoot and it accidentally headshoted the guy in the back that I was originally aiming for

• V1kingH4mster
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i don't get a change i the snipers they seemed pretty balanced imho,people moan about snipers in every game there meant to be a sit on a hill type of gameplay,dice didn't seem to add any good cqb type of sniper in bf5 and as the single shot rifles seem to do a better job at cqb than a sniper why the hell would you wanna try it.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Hm

I finally tried it today. It is simply amazing. A headshot machine.
    I even performed one of the weirdest headshots.
    I was aiming for the sniper at the distance then that assault comes to my face making me shoot and it accidentally headshoted the guy in the back that I was originally aiming for
    Hahaha, amazing! A simular thing happened to me aswell! Yeah, for me the Krag-Jorgensen is the best rifle in the game! I prefer it over all other bolt actions, but it would be nice with a small buff damage for torso or a ROF increase!

Other then that I love the reload animation, and the reload seems fast too, and also 6 bullets!
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It looks like the TTK will be changed quite a bit. Maybe aggressive recon will actually be viable now.

They actually went pretty heavy handed with the changes. More so than I though they were going to be adjusting TTK. I'm glad to hear the assault SLRs gained one more bullet to kill at range though. That should give recon a better chance with bolt actions in their intended range.

Anyone who ever used SLRs will now switch to the bolt action lenfield with the RoF upgrade

I'm doing pretty well with the Enfield with the high zoom scope but wanted to know if the rof upgrade helps much? How much faster is it ?. I miss using iron sights and playing aggressive scout.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It looks like the TTK will be changed quite a bit. Maybe aggressive recon will actually be viable now.

They actually went pretty heavy handed with the changes. More so than I though they were going to be adjusting TTK. I'm glad to hear the assault SLRs gained one more bullet to kill at range though. That should give recon a better chance with bolt actions in their intended range.

Anyone who ever used SLRs will now switch to the bolt action lenfield with the RoF upgrade

I'm doing pretty well with the Enfield with the high zoom scope but wanted to know if the rof upgrade helps much? How much faster is it ?. I miss using iron sights and playing aggressive scout.

If you only remove scope it's very noticable how faster ROF is because you can keep ADS unlike with scope when you have to zoom out.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If you only remove scope it's very noticable how faster ROF is because you can keep ADS unlike with scope when you have to zoom out.

Thanks. Im going to have to try this. I miss my Russian trench/Carcano style bolt actions from bf1.
  • SirBobdk
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Thanks. Im going to have to try this. I miss my Russian trench/Carcano style bolt actions from bf1.
    I think a lot of us do. The PTO aggressive recon, not the camping sniper.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

LMAO yeah they got "helped" with a peashooter SLR that makes the BF1 RSC look like an absolute monster.

meanwhile meme-gun bolts still are useless for everything except hill scrubs unless you're 1)on PC and 2)a human aimbot ala Stodeh, Nickel, Relaa etc., where you're still worse off than just running STG and not engaging anyone you see making love to the terrain outside of 50m (snipers and MMGs alike)

It helps the bolt actions specifically.

The recon SLR nerf does kind of suck. They still 2 hit kill as long as you're hitting the upper body though.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hm

The only thing that really sucks about the Krag is it does 54 damage at all ranges to the body. It's definitely more of a rifle for long range shooting.

While the Kar 98 is also good for long range and had better close range body shot damage than the Krag.
  • Sixclicks
    edited December 2018

72 RPM vs 84 RPM with the upgrade.

Which lowers the body shot TTK from 833 ms to 714 ms. A 14.3% decrease in TTK.

Still not fast enough to keep up with any other weapon type.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hm

The only thing that really sucks about the Krag is it does 54 damage at all ranges to the body. It's definitely more of a rifle for long range shooting.

While the Kar 98 is also good for long range and had better close range body shot damage than the Krag.
    To be honest if one wants to engage in closer ranges, there are better options than the Kar98 like the g95
  • Sixclicks
    Hm

To be honest if one wants to engage in closer ranges, there are better options than the Kar98 like the g95

I'm just saying it's got a good mix of long range performance and close range damage. Whereas the Krag is terrible at all ranges unless you're always getting headshots. Which it does excel at more than other bolt actions with those low drag rounds.
  • BAITness
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BAITness wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    This is not even an argument. You can look up players stats. Nearly all players have a lower K/D and SPM with recon. Every recon player can literally do better with any other class.

There needs to be a bullet speed/damage buff to the Kar and a radius buff to the flare.

Then play another class.

I do. That does not change the fact that Recon needs enormous buffs.

So, you adapted and now play another class that gives u what u want as far as weapon and gadget strength? Ok, well done.

As they say, all's well that end's well.

Carry on then and you're welcome.

Your trolling is so bad is is kind of depressing. Make a joke or something dude.

Why have you not just put him on your ignore list already? He's pure troll. I have precious few people in there but that guy made the list in record time.

I did man.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    Hm

I'm just saying it's got a good mix of long range performance and close range damage. Whereas the Krag is terrible at all ranges unless you're always getting headshots. Which it does excel at more than other bolt actions with those low drag rounds.
    I been having ”great success” with Krag using it close range too, and at long range its nice as well... 0-300 m with Krag you will land your shots on target pretty well... But for real close range like tdm or such, geweh
    M95/30 is probably better!
  • ashar_saleem121
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hm

I been having ”great success” with Krag using it close range too, and at long range its nice as well... 0-300 m with Krag you will land your shots on target pretty well... But for real close range like tdm or such, geweh

Ive hit people point blank with the m95 (like with hip fire) and only done 74 damage. He killed me instantly and then died but I didnt even get the assist as kill
  • Hawxxeye
    Hm

I do not mind shooting someone twice since they move a lot anyway
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    Hm

Ive hit people point blank with the m95 (like with hip fire) and only done 74 damage. He killed me instantly and then died but I didnt even get the assist as kill
    This happened to me many times, they instantly can heal up with medpack, so all that efford you put in, eventually counted for nothing... It sucks...