TTK Changes Discussion : All platforms

Comments

• abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From playing a couple of games i cant say i am a big fan...feels like they overdid it, some guns really feel like bf1 clones (assault slr a reskined farquhar hill?).

More importantly i feel confused when playing, it seems like they dont know where they are going with this game and we are the test subjects until they settle to some sort of mediocre middle ground, plus sort out all bugs.

Dunno time will tell, i might be giving bf1 a go soon at this rate.
  • lllneonblacklll
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Let the numbers do the talking.
    That's how decisions are made in this business, if Conquest Core has the largest usage percentage - we will get the old TTK back.
  • V4LI4NT
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly i start to feel like you. I'm not shure anymore. Maybe i'm getting old.
  • lllneonblacklll
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And they will allocate more resources to fixing TTD.
  • smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's funny to me how the "vocal minority" as they are calling us, were told about the politically correct game character inclusion "don't like, don't buy". Then they turn around and limit the minority to one game mode based on TTK preferences.....so basically I (dice) can do what I want to get paid.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately it won't happen. If you haven't seen dices message to the battlefield world it basically reads "we have recicved overwhelming support for the ttk in this game, but due to scrubs getting destroyed we are changing the ttk anyways"

The statement also details that "conquest core" will be the start to hardcore mode. Also with that we can't even play other modes in "conquest core" because it's only conquest, so no frontlines, dom, or tdm.. Everything lined up for dice to reskin bf1 and make some easy money off of it, that's all it looks like at this point.
  • Silvar55
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    The TTK was not perfect before, but these changes are not right. It needed balance and TTD fix and other changes FIRST.

The thing is, changing a few values to change the TTK as a stop-gap measure is a lot easier and quicker than fixing the underlying issue, that might take months to see improvements in a meaningful degree.

So it goes:
    1. Have problem with TTD ->
    2. Can't fix problems quicky ->
    3. Tune TTK to provide adequate experience immediately ->
    4. Take months to fix the issues ->
    5. Try the fixes ->
    6. Retune TTK if needed.
  • LC_Leos420
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PS4 user here, I bought BF 5 because I like fast ttk and no random bullet deviation.
    Why don't make server for rookies/ principiants?
    And stop messing with your clients please I pay 80 dollars and I feel bad because you don't respect what we pay for.
    I am a big fan of battlefield 5, I suggest fun for EVERYONE , make servers for newbies? And respect your costumers, I want to play Rotterdam with the original TTK, please give us Rotterdam hardcore for the people who loves battlefield, I love you all dice I hope u listen to us.
    I am from Mexico
  • xB0SS_der_B0SSEx
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In my opinion it doesnt play like BF5 anymore... doesnt make fun any longer... sure Im getting my kills but now it feels lame. The intensity got taken away
  • Axle84
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zero Recoil dont make me laugh.... every gun and rifle has varied levels of recoil both horizontal and vertical, those that have good recoil managment skills can keep Vertical to a minimum (This is coming from somone who doesnt) so i tap fire or use micro bursts.

MG42 Does have recoil when the bipod is deployed, try firing it out to further ranges and you will see how much ammo is wasted trying to get hits.

TTK is not the Issue its TTD im sure many along with myself where happy how many shots it took to kill somone its when your on the recieving end where it doesnt feel right. I have perfect feedback in regards to the 4 shots iv fired to take my opponents down but i know my opponent doesnt recieve the correct feedback on his end i.e he feels he has been 1 or 2 shot killed and no time to react. I know for a fact running above 70fps and with 28 ping in many instances i dont even know im being hit until the killing blow lands.

So DICE stop trying to put a bandaid on the real problem by messing with TTK and address your Net Code/ Servers.
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Me no like TTK patch, TTK patch bad !

Seriously tho, its not enjoyable it feel neutered just like launch BF1.
  • Queketh
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Noone have asked for this i'm sure?

But, doing a TTK change WITHOUT doing a weapon balance, is just utterly lazy. It feels like the game is still in early development alpha/beta, since crap like this suddenly gets thrown out there so half ****.

Semi automatic snipers are now utterly useless, as well as every single medic weapon out there. The most OP guns used the most now became better, while the guns that felt worse and became even worse.

... Seriously Dice, wtf?
  • gamma_greeen
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    should paste https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/a5fa7u/battlefield_v_ttk_change_list_12122018/
    then they should have changed the size of HIT-BOX not damage ratio.
    we are all fed up with sloppy headshot.
  • SirNLeo
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree 100%. I lost all desire to play this game. I was loving breakthrough but now that im FORCED to use the new garbage TTK I have no reason to play this game anymore. Back to BF4 hardcore for me.
  • lllneonblacklll
    Let me fire that World War 3 up, see how they progressed since the last time I played it.
  • disposalist
    8498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Silvar55 wrote: »
    The TTK was not perfect before, but these changes are not right. It needed balance and TTD fix and other changes FIRST.
    The thing is, changing a few values to change the TTK as a stop-gap measure is a lot easier and quicker than fixing the underlying issue, that might take months to see improvements in a meaningful degree.
    But it doesn't. I've just played a couple of rounds and still getting super fast TTD and the medic TTK is even slower when it needed a relative buff.

The other many issues mean a higher TTK alone doesn't fix anything much.
  • WhiteCheddar1
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FIX THE TTD BUGS / LAG!!!

#NotmyTTK
  • Silvar55
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Unfortunately it won't happen. If you haven't seen dices message to the battlefield world it basically reads "we have recicved overwhelming support for the ttk in this game, but due to scrubs getting destroyed we are changing the ttk anyways"

I read it more as a "we have millions of players, of which a few thousand are very active and vocal about liking/wanting the old TTK, but our number show that the vast majority doesn't appreciate it".

I don't get the logic behind "longer TTK is for scrubs". It's the low TTK that gives lower skilled shooters a chance, if they get a jump on a good player, like if they're camping in a dark corner somewhere. With longer TTK, the one getting shot has the chance to return fire, which means higher skill gap. Of course this is dependent on still wanting to play a shooting and not a camping game.
  • Pure85
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really like the new change. People can't just 180 spray and get a kill. Need to place your shots better. Good work DICE. Now pleas fix the last tiger bug. I want my skin. Done the damn challenge 7 times now and still nothing
  • TonyusWarrior
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, now I need one or two more shots to kill someone, but when an enemy shoot my 5 or 6 shots i still feel only two because you don't wanna fix this freakin ttd or Netcode. Well, since i have no more fun to play this, I'm done with BFV.
This discussion has been closed.