Weekly BF

TTK Changes Discussion : All platforms

Comments

• o0_SnedDOG_0o
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Axle84 wrote: »
    I can’t for the life of me figure this out.

TTK is now slower than BF1 for a lot of weapons.

People are now going to be raging that people are just bunny hoping through continued fire.

Mid range engagements are going to be a spongey rage enducing experience with all the cover the game offers..

So now dumb players will now likely survive engagements that should have killed them

Mr Positive is no longer

Well No because these changes are being tested and not forced globally onto the player base you have the option to play on servers with the new changes or play on servers with the old TTK. What DICE want you to do is compare the two and give your feedback

Well the thing is people just play the server that is full or has the most players on it, so no this will not be a true indication of what people want as you can't see empty servers in the server list to choose from and have to match make with a tab at the bottom of the list for the old TTK servers(Conquest Core). Most people will just join a game and not even know about the change to the servers with TTK and think "wow this feels different" and not in a good way. After the Dec 12th patch I got on and was like something is way off and felt like I was using rubber bullets but my TTD still felt the same as before. So I think that DICE/EA have made a bad change by making the TTK longer to kill, as BF5 was feeling more like BF3 did with gun play, but now it feels even worse than BF1. Also the TTK was good for hardcore and normal players as it hit that sweet spot right in the middle and kept us all together on the same servers without dividing us the community. But here we go again with DICE/EA lets change the game and make it easier for the noobs so we sell more copies, well that is just wrong as we the vets will just give bad feed back and then people won't buy the game just like Jack and Westie the youtubers are already saying how bad the change is and all the comments say the same thing in their feed back.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TehPik wrote: »
    just played a match aerodrome

tried 1916, StG44, Suomi and ZH-29
    only really felt a difference with the ZH-29

hardly worth the apocalypse going on this forum/reddit...
    Try the G43 then, and feel the pain.
  • o0_SnedDOG_0o
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Axle84 wrote: »
    I can’t for the life of me figure this out.

TTK is now slower than BF1 for a lot of weapons.

People are now going to be raging that people are just bunny hoping through continued fire.

Mid range engagements are going to be a spongey rage enducing experience with all the cover the game offers..

So now dumb players will now likely survive engagements that should have killed them

Mr Positive is no longer

Well No because these changes are being tested and not forced globally onto the player base you have the option to play on servers with the new changes or play on servers with the old TTK. What DICE want you to do is compare the two and give your feedback

Well the thing is people just play the server that is full or has the most players on it, so no this will not be a true indication of what people want as you can't see empty servers in the server list to choose from and have to match make with a tab at the bottom of the list for the old TTK servers(Conquest Core). Most people will just join a game and not even know about the change to the servers with TTK and think "wow this feels different" and not in a good way. After the Dec 12th patch I got on and was like something is way off and felt like I was using rubber bullets but my TTD still felt the same as before. So I think that DICE/EA have made a bad change by making the TTK longer to kill, as BF5 was feeling more like BF3 did with gun play, but now it feels even worse than BF1. Also the TTK was good for hardcore and normal players as it hit that sweet spot right in the middle and kept us all together on the same servers without dividing us the community. But here we go again with DICE/EA lets change the game and make it easier for the noobs so we sell more copies, well that is just wrong as we the vets will just give bad feed back and then people won't buy the game just like Jack and Westie the youtubers are already saying how bad the change is and all the comments say the same thing in their feed back.

Im in a conquest core server now and its not filling up because people come in and won't stay long enough to fill it. They complain about the new TTK stay for 2min then leave and go play the new TTK servers because the new servers have a clear window to match make with and conquest core has a tab in at the side and most people think that conquest core is hardcore when it is not.
  • mar374
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tested out , and its terrible. Its like throwing stones. Medic is now completely useless. Coming from the BF4/1 hardcore mode player, I prefer the core version.
  • Jeffamb0
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This game would be way more popular if HC mode was the default mode and Operations was the main mode instead of conquest. So, in order to achieve that you increased the TTK making it less like HC mode and I don't even know what happened to Operations and there's no Rush mode anymore? How can such big mistakes be made? Is there a mole working amongst you? Someone trying to sabotage the game? Seriously tho, I think this is the result of when there's too many people working on a project, communication fails and bad ideas spread.

But also check to make sure there isn't a mole
  • MyTeamIsUseless
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Put back the old TTK :'(
  • ThieF_xTRACrispy
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTK IS TERRIBLE with the new patch. please go back or adjust. It's simply just too long to kill someone.
  • The_digital_Hal
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The level of whining and raging is quite something for such a small change. 1 extra bullet. And not even for the head or the chest for some weapons.
    But Reddit went supernova with threats of chargebacks and quitting in droves....bye!

Battlefield won't miss any of you crying tantrum throwers.
  • azzwich
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really like the new TTK, gun fights were more interesting and satisfying even though my scoreboard stats were not anything special. The old TTK feels too much like CoD.
  • leeeekarters
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We need old TTK!!!
  • TheKiTler
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE what ar doing ,ar trying to kill this franchise.?
    anyway my subscription its cancel , gl with your **** TTK
  • Jeffamb0
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

When making a decision like implementing Attrition or making any decision really, ask yourself this question: Who is this hurting and how much is it hurting them? and Who is this benefiting and how much is it benefiting them?

If the amount you're making the game less enjoyable is MORE than the amount you are making the game more fun, then don't do that thing.

Here's an example:

Should we make Tanks have a limited amount of ammo and when they run out, they have drive back to the ammo depot and get more?

Who is it hurting? Anyone using a tank.

How much is it hurting them? Considering how slow most tanks are, it's hurting tankers experience quite a lot to have to haul their slow tank across the map and then turn around and drive it back to where they were, just 3 mins of doing nothing. It's super boring and annoying. No one is driving back to the ammo depot going 'wow this is so realistic, im having so much fun.'

Who is it making the game more fun for? Literally No One. Not one single person.

So, why did you just make the game more boring/tedious for one party, if there was no improvement in experience for another party?

These are the type of philosophies that need to be taught in vidya 101.

With the higher TTK, I really don't feel like I have any more fun because I can absorb more damage. On the flip side, I feel like the game is less fun because it's more difficult to kill someone and difficult to go rambo due to good positioning. If the game turns into a contest of simply who has the most people in the area, we might as well get rid of guns and it could be a race, whoever gets on the point first with the most people automatically wins, then on to the next game.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The level of whining and raging is quite something for such a small change. 1 extra bullet. And not even for the head or the chest for some weapons.
    But Reddit went supernova with threats of chargebacks and quitting in droves....bye!

Battlefield won't miss any of you crying tantrum throwers.

You do realize how significant 1 bullet is right? Yes it is less relevant for high ROF guns but going from 3 to 4 bullets is a massive % increase. Plenty of guns only have a 10 round magazine as well..

Think about accuracy next. Let’s say player A has 20% B has 10% average, same gun just skill difference. Landing kills aside the poor guy that has bad aim is going to kill people less often and run out of ammo even faster. Is that fun?
This discussion has been closed.