Removal of 3x from Assault and Support

13»

Comments

• Cerben1
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    make sure to implement the +18 Age limit in game so we dont get post like this about scopes and so on
  • Nurvsy
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    glint for all or glint for none.

maybe not the supernova glint we have now though ;)
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nurvsy wrote: »

That's also a problem too. 3x scopes don't have glint..
  • GuangFuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cerben1 wrote: »
    make sure to implement the +18 Age limit in game so we dont get post like this about scopes and so on

so true.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

They do if you play Recon.
  • clayface0187
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Lol no one complained when you could counter snipe with an AKU in BF4. Stop hanging onto the fantasy that snipers should out range everything. they should out damage everything at range, not the same
    Not everyone else's fault if you miss your head shot, gave away your position and stayed prone long enough to be killed.

200m isn't even that far :lol: you're just used to it being because BF1 had this dumb accuracy bloom on weapons that made it impossible to use half the guns at long ranges
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

They do if you play Recon.

Yes, recon does.. but not assault or support.
  • smokintom214
    Lol no one complained when you could counter snipe with an AKU in BF4. Stop hanging onto the fantasy that snipers should out range everything. they should out damage everything at range, not the same
    Not everyone else's fault if you miss your head shot, gave away your position and stayed prone long enough to be killed.

200m isn't even that far :lol: you're just used to it being because BF1 had this dumb accuracy bloom on weapons that made it impossible to use half the guns at long ranges

This isn't bf4 nor is it bf1, bf2 or it it bf2142. This is a new gunplay system. Where you aim is where you hit... Overall most the whole system has changed most notably from bf1 where RBD was apparent and bullet drop was heavy. Neither of these are existent in BFV. So no 200 m is not far in BFV. But it is with classes that do not have a 3x scope and weapons that don't exceed 70m.
  • Austacker
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bigdippa93 wrote: »
    game would be unplayable without a 3x scope. everything is so distant.

Depends on your setup.

I've been 'old school' since Battlefield Bad Company 2 where you got an extra perk slot option if you went with iron sights. Never really broken the habit.

The MG34 with Iron Sights is actually great at all distances for me.
  • smokintom214
    Austacker wrote: »
    bigdippa93 wrote: »
    game would be unplayable without a 3x scope. everything is so distant.

Depends on your setup.

I've been 'old school' since Battlefield Bad Company 2 where you got an extra perk slot option if you went with iron sights. Never really broken the habit.

The MG34 with Iron Sights is actually great at all distances for me.

Don't worry, it's all just an excuse to have 3x the sight with a LMG or semi autos to look awesome.
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No. The real FG42s were issued with a 3.0x optic and I like using it historically accurate like that.

Besides it's not like there aren't trade offs to using 3.0x optics.
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    mitchpic wrote: »
    I love the x3 on my Selbstlader, thats the only rifle I use it on and only when I play German forces.

Please do not remove it.

I do get that having a x3 scope on say the STG 44 is stupid, so maybe just have the x3 scope available on certain weapons within the assault class like the Seb.

I love the 3x on certain semi's too.. but I am keeping considering the medic class when it comes to better balance because smgs simply do not have that range on semi autos or on a ke7 / lewis. But I also feel that the veritile gunplay is great as it is without giving medics semi autos which will give medics more incentive to not play their roll aswell as not be on objectives and we need medics to be on objectives and beable to make it up there without getting semi sniped by a G43 from the back end of their object with tange all the way to the next objective. There's just no real balance and when it comes to WW2 authentic gameplay 3x shouldn't be found on support or assault.

Right because I guess this isn't authentic and must be from the Star Wars or something
    9fbce08ca9af776c8ad2018bd7779a2a.jpg

2b1d7e12ce5441b4124ed85077d962cb.jpg

you were probably more likely to see a scoped G43 in WW2 than you were to see 10 chicks with scoped Lee Enfields all proned out on the same rock at the back of Hamada

I think Gewehr 43 shouldn't be in this conversation at all. In fact, that gun was actually used as a sniper as well. I mean just compare real life specs of Gewehr 43 to ZH 29 for example. There's no difference. I'd actually give Gewehr 43 to a Recon and give it a bigger recoil. Now it's far too low but they balanced it so it can be used as AR.

I'd prefer we didn't give one of the most numerous and iconic battle rifles of the war to some useless hillhumper class (unless that class were suddenly redesigned to be useful for something other than humping hills, like it was in previous BF games), but that's another conversation.

We can exclude it and the argument still applies. Though not exactly standard issue to every soldier, optics on weapons other than snipers were a thing in WW2 (far moreso than the non-existent red dot sights you see on every ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, tom and harry's SMG and AR in this game)
    tumblr_mq1ggsXF0X1so20ito1_500.jpg

stg44-1.jpg
    5-27.jpg
    220px-IJA_defense_hill_areas2.jpg
    [/spoiler]
    STG44 with thermal to smoke hidden hill/bipod heroes when? >:)

In fact, given that sniper doctrine is typically one asset (i.e. sniper weapon system and 2 man team) per company sized element (anywhere from 250-500 soldiers depending on the country/unit in question), we should be seeing at best one of those per 32 player team as well according to the goofball "authenticity" argument, almost zero other sighting systems than irons and 9/10 soldiers armed with ironsight bolt action rifles (whose job it is to serve as literal meatshields while they get farmed repeatedly by the one guy on the other team with a Bren/MG34)

Of course this is a game. Where Oberleutnant Helga can already run around butchering British soldiers in a 1940 battle the British didn't fight in with her 1945 prototype VG 1-5 assault rifle equipped with 1950s pattern Nydar reflex sight, supported of course by tactical lazer guided V-1 rocket strikes that are as window pane accurate as modern Tomahawk cruise missiles (as opposed to the authentic war era thing of "eh, maybee it vill hit ze city auf London")

Gameplay options > muh realisum, at least in this game's case given it's making no attempt to be a milsim.