Why ruin the game for the real BF players?

Comments

• ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rogue-Mike wrote: »
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    BAITness wrote: »
    In the end, DICE decided to make a change that hurts more skilled and experienced players in the hopes of getting back players that have already quit the game and are likely not even aware that there was an update.
    It didn´t hurt me at all, it actually rewarded me and all my friends I´ve talked to. We had an awesome time yesterday and finally we could do well.

Before "git gud/skill", just don´t.

Then the update is failing, because DICE literally said that their goal is to "faciliate a more even gameplay experience for all of our players, resulting in a more level playing field for new and experienced players alike"

Camping is not a skill.
    For me accuracy and movement is.

BF does not have skill based movement outside of planes. As far as aiming goes, aiming quickly is more skillful than aiming slowly. But like I said above, DICE made this change specifically to cater to new players who are not good at the game.

Also it is worth mentioning that camping is actually even stronger now. The guns least affected by this nerf are the high ROF guns - the guns that benefit the most from being prone with a bipod. Laying prone with a bipod is actually very much encouraged by this change.

The reality is the problem are the consoles.

They are not used to game need high skill, quick accuracy and reflex, gamepad is a big limit.

Without the consoles we can have a serious game wit changes on recoil to altering the TTK.

Maybe Dice must think if they can give the easier higher ttk to console and leave a more skilled low ttk to pc.

No, leave us console players out of it, I for one am not a fan of this change. From what I've heard, there are plenty more issues on PC ranging from 1 frame deaths, KE7 recoil negated rampages, certain weapons dominating and more.

Real elephant in the room is players used to BF1's ttk and zerg rushing style did not mesh well with BFV'S semi hardcore and higher skill ceilings.
    Apparently players are leaving which is no surprise, alleged vocal minority whining, alleged data and certain youtubers whined while rightfully getting wrecked for playing stupidly.

Basically the game is getting dumb down not for consoles specifically, it's getting dumbed down for potatoes to average players as a whole which sucks.

Adapt, or maybe just to bad for changes? Typical camper with a lucky burst kill..
    I did good with TTK 1.0, even better now because I play to win (objectives) and can handle my weapons of choices.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Rogue-Mike wrote: »
    In the end, DICE decided to make a change that hurts more skilled and experienced players in the hopes of getting back players that have already quit the game and are likely not even aware that there was an update.
    It didn´t hurt me at all, it actually rewarded me and all my friends I´ve talked to. We had an awesome time yesterday and finally we could do well.

Before "git gud/skill", just don´t.

Then the update is failing, because DICE literally said that their goal is to "faciliate a more even gameplay experience for all of our players, resulting in a more level playing field for new and experienced players alike"

Camping is not a skill.
    For me accuracy and movement is.

BF does not have skill based movement outside of planes. As far as aiming goes, aiming quickly is more skillful than aiming slowly. But like I said above, DICE made this change specifically to cater to new players who are not good at the game.

Also it is worth mentioning that camping is actually even stronger now. The guns least affected by this nerf are the high ROF guns - the guns that benefit the most from being prone with a bipod. Laying prone with a bipod is actually very much encouraged by this change.

The reality is the problem are the consoles.

They are not used to game need high skill, quick accuracy and reflex, gamepad is a big limit.

Without the consoles we can have a serious game wit changes on recoil to altering the TTK.

Maybe Dice must think if they can give the easier higher ttk to console and leave a more skilled low ttk to pc.

No, leave us console players out of it, I for one am not a fan of this change. From what I've heard, there are plenty more issues on PC ranging from 1 frame deaths, KE7 recoil negated rampages, certain weapons dominating and more.

Real elephant in the room is players used to BF1's ttk and zerg rushing style did not mesh well with BFV'S semi hardcore and higher skill ceilings.
    Apparently players are leaving which is no surprise, alleged vocal minority whining, alleged data and certain youtubers whined while rightfully getting wrecked for playing stupidly.

Basically the game is getting dumb down not for consoles specifically, it's getting dumbed down for potatoes to average players as a whole which sucks.

Adapt, or maybe just to bad for changes? Typical camper with a lucky burst kill..
    I did good with TTK 1.0, even better now because I play to win (objectives) and can handle my weapons of choices.

"This change hurts my particular playstyle I demand it be reverted!"
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Positioning" is code for "camping".

Being able to obscure your hit boxes better and camp longer isn't a metric of skill.

Like @ProLegion_exor said, the real metric of skill in any FPS will always be your movement and aiming.

You should be able to do equally well regardless of TTK if you're skilled enough.

On the obverse, you should be able to do equally as well if you're so skilled in positioning yourself into camping chokepoints.

+ 1000
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Man I’m not sure what the problem is? This new TTK has allowed me to kill on average 40-50% more each game!

I’ve never seen anyone bang out more than 60 infantry kills in CQ and I did it twice yesterday

I’m having a ball
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @MayorMarionBarry wrote
    You should be able to do equally well regardless of TTK if you're skilled enough.
    Agree if the TTK and TTD is the same.
    Right now its a mess with the TTD and the kill behind corner.
  • Trokey66
    9112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Quite frankly, if I don't know that a change had occurred, I wouldn't have noticed it.

I will say though, that I got a lot less 'accidental kills' last night than I normally do but that is not a bad thing really.
  • fliger5
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have the "real BF players" even tried the new TTK? There's barely any difference, Jesus Christ.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Trokey66 wrote: »
    I will say though, that I got a lot less 'accidental kills' last night than I normally do but that is not a bad thing really.
    I would say the same. I get the same amount om kills and it feels the same (not many, but I'm also old :smile: ), but I don't get killed so fast like before.
    I feel that the TTK and TTD is closer now and that I die in the same way as I kill.
    The experience is better and the ability to respond is also better.
  • Hawxxeye
    7751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Quite frankly, if I don't know that a change had occurred, I wouldn't have noticed it.

I would had noticed it only because I happened to be leveling the recon SLRs where a third bullet for killing in close quarters is a huge nerf
  • Trokey66
    9112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would say the same. I get the same amount om kills and it feels the same (not many, but I'm also old :smile: ), but I don't get killed so fast like before.
    I feel that the TTK and TTD is closer now and that I die in the same way as I kill.
    The experience is better and the ability to respond is also better.

Yep, same here.
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

I would had noticed it only because I happened to be leveling the recon SLRs where a third bullet for killing in close quarters is a huge nerf

It is not impossible that an initial 'broad brush' approach has been applied to gauge the general feel and once that is achieved, more targeted, fine tuning will occur to specific weapons/classes.

We shall see.....
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    The amount of consoles players creating problems to this game is incredible.

They really can't understand a good Battlefield how work, with all the bad example they have, they even play only domination or other bad gamemode.

Dice must really stop care of this "opinions" if they want to do a good Battlefield.
  • baroncrovax
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But what about my 13yr old daughter who plays Fortnite? She told me that TTK1 was too fast and she was right! The people complaining about TTK2 are uneducated and if they don't like it they shouldn't have bought the game.

#EveryonesTTK
  • ProAssassin2003
    3865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

They really can't understand a good Battlefield how work, with all the bad example they have, they even play only domination or other bad gamemode.

Dice must really stop care of this "opinions" if they want to do a good Battlefield.

Just stop. If anything DICE needs to listen to the Console players after all PC players on You Tube killed BF1 with TTK 2.0.
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Just stop. If anything DICE needs to listen to the Console players after all PC players on You Tube killed BF1 with TTK 2.0.

Sure console players, people never see a Battlefield.

Better not talk of the disaster was bf1, the game lose players more quickly in Battlefield history.

Really with this comment you seems a troll.

Dice choice a type of gameplay with Battlefield V, changing only the TTK not make the game enough casual for this type of players.

Or they change all the game or TTK must come back more skilled like at start.

Two things like this can't cohesist.

• ProAssassin2003
    3865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Better not talk of the disaster was bf1, the game lose players more quickly in Battlefield history.

Dice choice a type of gameplay with Battlefield V, changing only the TTK not make the game enough casual for this type of players.

Guns on Console require way more control and muscle memory then PC. Even with certain Aim Assists.

I always watch PC gameplay and I'm like that gun doesn't perform that way on consoles not even close.

I stand by my statement that Consoles require way more skill then PC. IMO.

Take it as you will.
  • ProAssassin2003

Console players made up the majority of BF playerbase for the last 3 generations.

We are the overwhelming majority.

You are a niche market demographic to the BF franchise.

And despite this, all development for BF takes place entirely for PC users.

This has been true for as long as updates have been written.

Everything has been balanced around the PC userbase.

ADAD spam changes are a perfect example of a PC problem that was universally patched to the detriment of console players.

To argue that DICE caters to console players when the game and every development is on PC and console specific changes are never implemented is laughable.

Couldn't have said it better.
  • DyD6Marina

Guns on Console require way more control and muscle memory then PC. Even with certain Aim Assists.

I always watch PC gameplay and I'm like that gun doesn't perform that way on consoles not even close.

Take it as you will.

Ok you are trolling.

I not what to start to explain all, but think only on where is the more competitive fps.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cos we've already spent our money. Doesn't matter if we go now cos they've been paid. Need some fresh bait now so they're having round two hence making a totally new game in a single patch.
  • ProLegion_exor

Take it as you will.

Ok you are trolling.

I not what to start to explain all, but think only on where is the more competitive fps.

Battlefield is not a skilled game, it’s for fun. Enjoy it or play something else.