Why ruin the game for the real BF players?

Comments

• Darrenbattlelog
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Real BF player??? Laying down with a bipod getting cheap kills not playing obj? Idk what is the def of a " real" leet bf player. Idk if I put Pro in front of my gamer tag does it make me so is the question.
  • morbid_dart
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    consoles, consoles, consoles
    Stop blaming consoles, dude. I'm middle-skilled player and I love old TTK. Yesterday I tryed to play and dislike it. Specially for medic.

• DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The amount of consoles players creating problems to this game is incredible.

They really can't understand a good Battlefield how work, with all the bad example they have, they even play only domination or other bad gamemode.

Dice must really stop care of this "opinions" if they want to do a good Battlefield.

Just stop. If anything DICE needs to listen to the Console players after all PC players on You Tube killed BF1 with TTK 2.0.

Sure console players, people never see a Battlefield.

Better not talk of the disaster was bf1, the game lose players more quickly in Battlefield history.

Really with this comment you seems a troll.

Dice choice a type of gameplay with Battlefield V, changing only the TTK not make the game enough casual for this type of players.

Or they change all the game or TTK must come back more skilled like at start.

Two things like this can't cohesist.

Guns on Console require way more control and muscle memory then PC. Even with certain Aim Assists.

I always watch PC gameplay and I'm like that gun doesn't perform that way on consoles not even close.

I stand by my statement that Consoles require way more skill then PC. IMO.

Take it as you will.

Ok you are trolling.

I not what to start to explain all, but think only on where is the more competitive fps.

Battlefield is not a skilled game, it’s for fun. Enjoy it or play something else.

Please, in this way you see only a troll.

Dice said they want to make Battlefield a more skilled game and with Battlefield V they do it.

Now they are trying to gather casual players with higher TTK.

But seems the real Battlefield players was enough loud to make them understand is a wrong thing.

Now see how much time they need to make something with this errors.
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    consoles, consoles, consoles
    Stop blaming consoles, dude. I'm middle-skilled player and I love old TTK. Yesterday I tryed to play and dislike it. Specially for medic.

Exception are on all platforms, but most of console players have a bad idea of Battlefield, because they played only bad battlefield thanks to Dice.

Nothing against consoles, but they simple not played the starting Battlefields and modern warfare experience make them think low ttk is wrong.

And gamepad in generale not make things better.
  • Maun0_Mato
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I didn't notice any difference, and I don't see how a change that applies to ALL players actually change how well you do in the game unless you relied on some high RPM weapons that simply shredded by sheer number of bullets you put onto your target, in other words skill and aim has nothing to do with it.
    And people are just crying about everything just because they can, all the youtubers posting videos about scandalous sales figures don't even play the game, yet they have 10 videos of it each.
    In the end it's their game, they can do whatever they want with it, they choose to use data and player feedback though, they could skip the latter if they wanted to.
  • Maun0_Mato
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kills is alot more easy now, more easy survive, you need only to rush to survive and kill.

This does not make any sense at all, how are kills easier but at the same time it's easier to survive?
    The TTK change is 1-2 bullets more on your target, not like you have to dump a mag on each player, unless you miss a lot.
  • DyD6Marina
    edited December 2018
    Maun0_Mato wrote: »
    Personally I didn't notice any difference, and I don't see how a change that applies to ALL players actually change how well you do in the game unless you relied on some high RPM weapons that simply shredded by sheer number of bullets you put onto your target, in other words skill and aim has nothing to do with it.
    And people are just crying about everything just because they can, all the youtubers posting videos about scandalous sales figures don't even play the game, yet they have 10 videos of it each.
    In the end it's their game, they can do whatever they want with it, they choose to use data and player feedback though, they could skip the latter if they wanted to.

You are confused.

First, high rpm weapons have more advantage now, game with high ttk is more spray and rushing instead accuracy, reflex and good movements.

Second Dice said they make this new TTK only to make game more simple for new players get killed too much.

This is an error if they want to make a more skilled game like they said.

I think is a good thing if this game die, Dice must learn the lesson more hard possibile.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This thread became embarrassing to be apart of quite a while ago. I’ll see myself out
  • fjudgeeeCodeLeaf
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are you f***** serious ? What is this update supposed to do ? I just quit a game of conquest because you made the game unplayable ! The Medic is even more useless than before, the DMR`s of the assault class are useless, the LMG´s are weak as hell.

I mean i died 5 times out of 7 because i encountered more than one enemy, shot the first, got 8-10 bullets left and couldnt kill the enemy although i aimed perfectly. Even if you catch them while they reload ... when you got an smg they have the time to reload because it takes like 3-4 seconds to take an enemy down with those crappy SMG´s, and shure enough if they finished theyr reload i have to reload cause 8 bullets are not enough to kill one guy... and since the sidearms are so weak that you cant even kill a mouse with it your gonna die (oh and thank you for the better bullet- speed and drag on the SMG´s was totaly worth it NOT).

I allready played the game 100hours because it was fun, i ignored all the bugs and glitches, the poor performance at the start of the game and the weak snipers. I got over 3k hours playtime since BF BC and was really glad as you have announced that there is a new TTK and learnable recoil patterns, and now you´ll gonna "update" the game because it´s not sold as intendet, regardless that the core Battlefield players are the ones that keep your francise alive, wich they won´t if you keep making the game worse and worse because EA wants to make more money.

Oh and something else, i got an EA Access premium membership, because the game was great and i wanted to support EA and Dice, but why the hell should i keep it if i can buy the game one month after release for 20€ on any site that´s selling pc game keys, if your not even able to keep the game good ?
  • karcyon
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am a real BF player and I like the changes.
  • Darrenbattlelog
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Maun0_Mato wrote: »
    Kills is alot more easy now, more easy survive, you need only to rush to survive and kill.

This does not make any sense at all, how are kills easier but at the same time it's easier to survive?
    The TTK change is 1-2 bullets more on your target, not like you have to dump a mag on each player, unless you miss a lot.

Not if you hit head shots. That hasnt changed. Supposed Leet ,Pro and MLG players are complaining up a storm about the TTK changes. If your such a hardcore special edition pro mlg leet one of akind hardcore BF hardened veteran, headshots should be child's play. But that seems to not be the case because the crying ensues. Trees are taking a beating keeping up the supply of Kleenex.....
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    @DyD_Marina _Marina
    Dice said they want to make Battlefield a more skilled game and with Battlefield V they do it.
    Imo high or low TTK don't make a game more or less skill full just different.
    The problem was the difference between TTK and TTD and imo it has become a lot better with the change of the TTK.
  • izayoi80
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some people like the whole bullet-sponge type gameplay, some don't. Why not just give us what we've always had, a real hardcore mode. That way people are free to enjoy the game the way they want... as they've always been able to.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wish there was as much complaints about the absurdly strong aim assist as there is about the TTK, but nah errybody loves their aim bots on console.
  • Trokey66
    9112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wish there was as much complaints about the absurdly strong aim assist as there is about the TTK, but nah errybody loves their aim bots on console.

No errybody, some of us turn them off......
  • Agente_Silva
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2018
    this is what you get when you turn Battle Field into Arena of Duty... deal with it! Ya´ll bought BF1 and sponsored the formula change.... now.... GIT GUD ahahahahah
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The amount of consoles players creating problems to this game is incredible.

They really can't understand a good Battlefield how work, with all the bad example they have, they even play only domination or other bad gamemode.

Dice must really stop care of this "opinions" if they want to do a good Battlefield.

Just stop. If anything DICE needs to listen to the Console players after all PC players on You Tube killed BF1 with TTK 2.0.

Sure console players, people never see a Battlefield.

Better not talk of the disaster was bf1, the game lose players more quickly in Battlefield history.

Really with this comment you seems a troll.

Dice choice a type of gameplay with Battlefield V, changing only the TTK not make the game enough casual for this type of players.

Or they change all the game or TTK must come back more skilled like at start.

Two things like this can't cohesist.

Guns on Console require way more control and muscle memory then PC. Even with certain Aim Assists.

I always watch PC gameplay and I'm like that gun doesn't perform that way on consoles not even close.

I stand by my statement that Consoles require way more skill then PC. IMO.

Take it as you will.

Ok you are trolling.

I not what to start to explain all, but think only on where is the more competitive fps.

Battlefield is not a skilled game, it’s for fun. Enjoy it or play something else.

Please, in this way you see only a troll.

Now they are trying to gather casual players with higher TTK.

But seems the real Battlefield players was enough loud to make them understand is a wrong thing.

Now see how much time they need to make something with this errors.
    Low or high TTK are not equal to skill. A skilled player do really well regardless of TTK. The one punished by TTK 2.0 is camper and players with bad aim. Wich is good because they deserve it.

I like TTK 2.0 more, does it make me less skilled? I can play both low and high TTK FPS, doesent make me bad all suddenly.
  • BAITness
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    BAITness wrote: »
    In the end, DICE decided to make a change that hurts more skilled and experienced players in the hopes of getting back players that have already quit the game and are likely not even aware that there was an update.
    It didn´t hurt me at all, it actually rewarded me and all my friends I´ve talked to. We had an awesome time yesterday and finally we could do well.

Before "git gud/skill", just don´t.

Then the update is failing, because DICE literally said that their goal is to "faciliate a more even gameplay experience for all of our players, resulting in a more level playing field for new and experienced players alike"

Camping is not a skill.
    For me accuracy and movement is.

BF does not have skill based movement outside of planes. As far as aiming goes, aiming quickly is more skillful than aiming slowly. But like I said above, DICE made this change specifically to cater to new players who are not good at the game.

You can ouplay enemies with soldier movement/position quite easily. It doesn´t have to be Quake III to be a skill.

Aiming slowly?

Good players will turn into bad players because of TTK 2.0, they will just adapt and end upp even better. If they are good, so to say. Not got kills by camping and a lucky burst because of the fast ttk. I´m sorry it doesn´t suit you anymore because thats your playstyle..

Skill based movement is bunny hopping, tribes skiing, etc - things that you can actually practice and get better at. In BFV that is only planes. You can have good positioning, but that is easy as hell and inherently obvious, not a skill. You don't learn to not stand in the open with practice, you either pay attention to surroundings or you don't.

What I was trying to explain to you about aiming is that it is always going to be more difficult to aim quickly than to aim slowly. If you can shoot someone within 250ms of seeing them on screen, you are drastically more skilled than someone that can do it in 400ms. Just because both players can do it eventually does not mean they are equally skilled. The low TTK rewards the higher skilled player. Your idea that someone has a "lucky burst" with low TTK is kind of absurd. The longer a fight goes on, the more luck plays into it - because spread on the weapons gets higher and higher. In Battlefield games with each bullet you shoot your gun adds to its initially small inherent inaccuracy. The faster the TTK is the less luck has to do with it. The change to slower TTK actually makes gunfights more luck based than they were before.

The point here is that the TTK update is designed to decrease the skill gap. This is a change to cater to lower skilled players directly at the expense of higher skilled players. This change actually encourages camping that you said you hate. DICE themselves say this change is to make bad players more competitive with good players in the first bit of their big announcement for it. See here: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/170117/battlefield-v-ttk-change-list-12-12-2018#latest

Relevant bit at the top: "Battlefield V's TTK (Time to Kill) values will be changing in order to faciliate a more even gameplay experience for all of our players, resulting in a more level playing field for new and experienced players"

If you feel more competitive now, then I am happy for you. This is still a terrible decision that increases the already bad class balance, lowers the impact high skilled players have on a match, makes mid range fights rely on lucky shots with large amounts of spread, encourages camping with a bipod, and wrecks the gunplay that was so highly praised.

It also goes directly against what they said they were aiming for in the article they published about the gunplay in BFV: https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/gunplay-weapons-improvements-features-battlefield-5

Relevant bit for you here: "In a game like Battlefield V, the time to take out a single player should not surpass 300 milliseconds by a lot."

In case you are not aware, current TTK with a sten at 32m is 780ms if you hit every shot - 2.6 times longer than what DICE said they were aiming for.

You can see more current TTK data here: https://old.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/a5qley/battlefield_v_overture_ttk_05_the_big_oof/
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really think they should have left it as it was. The problem isnt skill as much as it is balance. This game had a balance issue before but there was a ability to find other ways around it. Now I played the medic right before the patch and honestly I fell in love with the class and was able to do good even with the potatoe guns due to being able to have a chance at close range but after the patch they are so outgunned that one on one fights are even at a disadvantage even when firing first. The 5 bullet kill turns into a 8 bullet kill which baffles me because it should have only added 1 extra shot. I didnt feel like a bullet sponge because it didnt correct ttd issue. Perfect example I was 4 bullets in they turn a in 1 shot was killed with a pistol. It actually shows how unbalanced things are now because the majority of players was using sar or lmg. I noticed more campers then before and I didnt really see more rushing the objective.
    I started playing on pc with bf1942 and i now play on xbox one. Console players are not the problem and honestly pc players are neither better or worse then console players. I feel like dice tried to go back to bf1942 style and because of all the backlash and now they are trying to find a way to keep the game alive. For all the people that want to claim they are a real bf player i think that just because that is the only game you may play then maybe you should see how other games play and see why this game is not them. I dont think that this game is going to grow if they dont have support from the "loyal" "diehard" fans and that is where the real issue is. I hate the fact that everyone is not aware of how social media has become exploited and when it can be used to sway people to elect a complete and udder idjit but yet will listen to any clickbait video that is trying to get views by jumping into fake news propaganda. People posted videos and articles about poor sales but it was completely based on something that was a fragment of the story but yet people felt like the game failed. The game isnt broken as much as the community is
  • TH3_R1PP3R
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In the end, DICE decided to make a change that hurts more skilled and experienced players in the hopes of getting back players that have already quit the game and are likely not even aware that there was an update.
    It didn´t hurt me at all, it actually rewarded me and all my friends I´ve talked to. We had an awesome time yesterday and finally we could do well.

Before "git gud/skill", just don´t.

Then the update is failing, because DICE literally said that their goal is to "faciliate a more even gameplay experience for all of our players, resulting in a more level playing field for new and experienced players alike"

Baitness I play with you quite a bit, so when I tell you the new ttk has had absolutely no effect on my game whatsoever, does it ease your concerns? Tbh I like the new ttk, it's a bit more forgiving in some aspects bit also requires you to pay attention to the gunfights you take.