TTK Changes Discussion : All platforms

Comments

• BSG-Kurtz
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Discuss the TTK changes on all platforms : what you like, What you dislike.

( Current TTK threads will be merged into this one )

TTK was great BEFORE the patch, gameplay was fun and rewarding, and the reason why BFV felt so fresh and addictive.
    I cannot understand why DICE changed the only thing in this game that already worked very well at launch.

I hope they go back to the old TTK, otherwise I don't know If I am going to play BFV for long, now this game reminds me too much BF1 and his frustrating bullet sponge mechanics.

Before the patch gameplay was exciting, skill-based and addictive, now It's boring and some weapons became almost pintless.

Changing TTK it's a huge huge mistake, many veteran and new players as well are gonna be very disappointed for this, I fear this could be the beginning of the end for this game.

BFV has got great potential, please DICE do not ruin everithing, otherwise I already see the player-base collapsing.

I want the old TTK back.
  • BSG-Kurtz
    Fretane wrote: »
    I'm not sure anymore what to do. I do want to express my opinions, but at this point it feels like this change is just forced down on us with no testing or pre-communication at all. Having "harcore servers" won't resolve anything, and gunplay aside, this might actually be the biggest issue. Here's my feedback.

1 - Splitting the community
    You're completely splitting up a community, one of those things that Battlefield relies so heavily on. Hardcore servers should be an optional BF experience, not something the half of the community wants to play instead.

2 - introducing the new TTK..:
    You've barely given any window to adapt. Learning new systems takes time, for everyone. Just changing it so much like that so short after launch isn't productive in any way. The people who are doing well with the former TTK will complain because they don't want to adapt to a new system which has significantly increased like that, the people who did bad with the former TTK haven't had the time to actually learn the old TTK proberly, and are now under the illusion that they're doing better - but this will quickly change when better players (if there are any left) actually start learning the new TTK well. Here's two scenarios.
    They do learn it, the less better players will suddenly start to die a lot again instead of improving - and they'll eventually leave the game because of it, just as they're doing now. Or you, two, reverse it, they do the same, because you've already given them a taste of how it feels to be good on the battlefield without significant skills. It'll turn out bad either way because you enforced it instead of either doing a CTE, og bring the numbers up slowly.

3- The longivety of the game
    The longevity of the game is decreasing everytime you try to make it more casual. Yes, it might make it more popular with younger ages, but these people will eventually grow tired of it. Because there'll be no competitive aspect of the game back, and therefore no community. EG. twitch streamers, youtubers etc. Even Westie is just downright trashing your decision right now, a dude a lot of casual players look up to. And if you actually want to get into this market like Fortnite, which I can only pressume is the reason for your ad-campaign and now the lowered skill gap, you're doing it the wrong way, and you're doing it with the wrong game. Also the game is suppost to be a live service. Longevity is basically everything for this game.

4 - TTD and Netcode
    TTD and netcode are issues there's been a lot of discussion about. For good reasons, remind you. The TTK 0,5 isn't just a patch on the scar for these two issues, it's just making it all worse. If you want to have a solid game experience out of this game, then look at fixing the TTD and netcode because that's broken. And it always has been in BF titles. Even BF1 where you where just basically shooting marshmellows.

5 - TTK 0,5 is not good
    The new TTK is not good. It messes up weapon balance across the board, it makes the game feel so slow (and not "tactical" slow, remind you), it gives you way less moments where you feel impactful because you're good at shooters. It feels like BF1 again, and although it that should come off as a negative feedback, then it's obvious that that's what you're trying to achieve and emulate. But it won't work this time. BF1 had a good marketing run, this game didn't. But it had very good gunplay, something that'd just keep the game from being litteraly a meme. But good job, DICE and EA. You managed to make it into nothing more than a meme. One that I have used money on, sadly. I haven't played more than a few hours since the new TTK, and refuse to. And most of the people who cares about this franchise feel the same way. Get your stuff together.

Very well said Sir, my thoughts exactly.

I totally agree.

DICE really, get your stuff togheter, please do not make BFV casual as BF1, this way you are murdering the franchise
  • BSG-Kurtz
    CALAVARA wrote: »
    DICE! you are ruining the gameplay for us the true fans of the BF. You have a problem with TTD then fix it rather than changing the whole gameplay to mask up this bug. Take your time to fix it. Don't worry we won't go anywhere. All your under rated sales caused by your marketing campaign f*** up not the game itself. Believe in your vision that you started the game with. It was the BEST BF gameplay ever made. The feeling I had during the first days of the release was similar to what I was feeling about BF Bad company 2. Refine it and you will have a timeless game that would last beyond your next BF release. New players can adjust to the gameplay you've made with the release. Fixing your sales charts ship is gone!. live with it but don't let us pay for your mistakes. It seems that you have internal problems regarding this. WE WANT OUR GAME BACK!!!

This.
    I totally agree.
  • Supawaffleman
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please create basic servers with High TTK and hardcore servers with Low TTK. Boom everyone is happy :)
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I can't see DICE being able to tell EA they want to roll it back given the terrible sales figures, they lost the power to command anything. BF1 sold well with the higher TTK, the reaction is obvious but has shafted the BF core community and ruined the game.

I guess I'll play Conquest Core on rotation until I get bored... could be sooner than I expected - this was a game I could have played as much as BF3 and I put 450 hours in to that and even more in to BC2
  • NorseBeserker
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really hope they remove this change or this will be the last battlefield I buy. The gunplay was great before this change
  • karcyon
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I thought the change was good as I read the post about it, then I played it and though oh now maybe not as good as I thought, but the more I played the more I liked it.
    What I have noticed is that you can counter the so called "passive players", which means campers or people that try to stand somewhere and wait until someone comes by, way better now. Those people stand there for a reason, they can not aim for ****. With the old TTK they could MAG dump and get kills, with the new TTK it gives me enough time to react. This is a huge thing. The new TTK draws people out. You can also no longer shoot someone as soon as you see him. You would kill him 90% of the time with the old TTK, now he might not and he will know where you are. So making sure to engage someone where you are sure to kill him is more important. Overall I like the change very much. It feels more like Battlefield but I agree there needs to be some tweaking of guns and clip sizes and of course the netcode and all the bugs.

tl;dr: Overall I really enjoy the new TTK. Some tweaking is needed though.
  • Kashik1985
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The gunplay was sooo good when I got this game a week after launch. There were a lot of bugs, but it was okay because the gunplay kept bringing me back. Best feeling I can remember in BF since BC2.

But this TTK update. This is brutal. I'm struggling to keep myself playing right now. Why was this change done now? The community were literally just getting into the groove of things, bugs were being fixed, and medics were becoming medics... Why do I want to put another 30+ hours into this? Not only does the new experience feel worse than before, but if DICE could very well just continue to open beta the game then what is the point.

I'm on the edge with this game right now, and that is really hard to comprehend after no such thought was in my mind just 24 hours before.
  • Botus_Maximus
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    https://zapodaj.net/565136a384e4f.png.html
    this picture of gamers LVL on old servers, tolds everthing
  • SgtxRock
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I consider myself a core BF player, having played BF2, BF2142, BF3, BFBC2 and BF4. While I preferred to play in HARDCORE mode only, I had no problem with CORE gameplay community, it just wasn't for me. That being said, calling the current gameplay too quick of a TTK is a JOKE and to further rebrand it as HARDCORE is an even bigger JOKE! The current gameplay (before the new change) was not even close to a proper HARDCORE mode! I've logged quite a few hours on the current gameplay and I can assure you that was not even close to hardcore. I find it quite frustrating that a proper HC mode was not offered at launch. A lot of my fellow gamers agreed and are holding off on purchasing the game, specifically, because there was no proper Hardcore mode, akin to BF3 & 4. I do believe that the rebranding of "CORE" gameplay and calling it "HARDCORE" is pathetic. Leave the "CORE" gameplay as it is, and add a proper HARDCORE mode. The appeasement of a few casual players is just [removed]
    DICE, get your heads out of your collective [removed]and think, what the hell are you guys doing???

Respectfully,

Sgt.Rock

Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • MaclarenmanJR
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Y'all need to chill... The game is fine. People will complain regardless, so it is pointless for BF to try to appeal to everyone. Instead, they should focus on making this game as refined and fun as possible. However, I believe this game is already very fun and well made. I love WW2 era guns and history, and I love what they have done with game modes such as grand operations, which give a very realistic vibe to a fictitious game. Seriously though, just adapt and learn to play whats been given to you.
  • Fedayi_ARM
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    https://zapodaj.net/565136a384e4f.png.html
    this picture of gamers LVL on old servers, tolds everthing

What? I don't get what you mean, explain pls :-)
  • Cale404
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kashik1985 wrote: »
    The gunplay was sooo good when I got this game a week after launch. There were a lot of bugs, but it was okay because the gunplay kept bringing me back. Best feeling I can remember in BF since BC2.

But this TTK update. This is brutal. I'm struggling to keep myself playing right now. Why was this change done now? The community were literally just getting into the groove of things, bugs were being fixed, and medics were becoming medics... Why do I want to put another 30+ hours into this? Not only does the new experience feel worse than before, but if DICE could very well just continue to open beta the game then what is the point.

I'm on the edge with this game right now, and that is really hard to comprehend after no such thought was in my mind just 24 hours before.

agreed
  • DrYeeper
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    A word from vet..

To get my experience out off a way:
    BF V 5d 23h 16m
    BF 1 448:05:40
    BF 4 312:35:00
    BF3 446:03:50
    Bad Company 2 was around 800 hours
    I do not even remember how much time I put into BC 1 and Battlefield 2142 ( I play since then)

And what you Dice is doing is leaving guys like me, true fans, that know mechanics from A to Z, love the franchise and were happy about new ttk and more skill based game.Instead you are aproaching players that seem to play on flight sticks, that do not think, do not see, always rush to red dot on map skipping anyone on their path and mindlessly dying on their way. Yes, this is what i think, but hear me out.
    TTK will not help for this kind of players. They need to get used to this game mechanics, chaos, movement, general rules like with any other game.
    Know this: Those players will leave the game in a month or two at best. Fans of franchise will stick with you.
    I always buy full package from you earning enough money for 2 customers and I always even get a week of on release with every release. You should consider voice of true fans that know game mechanics not this, not this... This is beyond me.
    Also I tick to the game despite that this release is the most bugged of them all. I have a couple of GB of issues recorded so far yet I still play. and will but to me as a vet and fan you just let me down.

Anyway despite I complain with each release I still stick with you and wish you all the best Dice, because you provide the best and most unique multiplayer experience out there.
  • 1g0sha1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    New TTK fail.Broken game for casual gamers.RIP BF 5
  • UMPhreak
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To the people that are saying TTD is the issue not the TTK, well I don't think they realize they are basically telling DICE to make this change because its the same **** thing!

What needs to be looked at is weapon upgrades such as Increased Rate of Fire. Faster Bullet Velocity on certain guns. And headshot damage on certain guns. I don't know exact numbers because I don't get paid to do that but I notice extremely fast TTK with guns in the support class because of the headshot damage and upgrades they can put on their guns. I have never felt cheated by someone using an Assault or Medic weapon.
    And the last thing this game needs is to just make the TTK higher so people resort to using easy Crutch One Hit Kill weapons like shotguns and Snipers. I feel like for the most part the weapon balance is in a very good place where it is at, other than some of these weapon upgrades that are most likely what the actual problem is.
This discussion has been closed.