Locked squad groups are getting old.

Hrafn-Fel
24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I'm having issues with lots of 2 or 3 man groups that are locked. What is the point of having squads if you're stuck by yourself. I cant even get credit for tides of war cause I have no squad. I feel they need to remove the locked groups. I'm getting sick of having to quit matches over and over cause I dont have a squad.

Comments

• Buick72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well, when I play with friends I want to keep that spot open so other can join on us sometimes. Would you rather I kick you randomly so my friends can join? The current ways to join a friends game are terrible and will add to that issue.

Sometimes those locked squads of 2 or 3, is because that squad has 1-2 players waiting in queue to join them in that game. Other times, maybe those 2 friends don't want a random tag along to join them. Sometimes people play better when they have small squads, or play with people that they can know and can communicate with, and maybe they just got sick of some random guy coming in and spamming "request order"

Point is, people usually lock squads for a reason, they shouldn't be forced to let you in. Start your own squad and see if people join on you, or join any available even if it's only 1 guy. More might join. Sorry you're having a bad time with this, but I usually see at least 1-3 squads with room when I play, even in small games like domination.
  • Galeavia
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I usually play with 2-3 squad group with my friends. So many times I got spotted out of my position and got killed because of a random player in my squad just spawns on me and starts shooting around immediately, resulting us getting blown up along with the cover by a tank. Simply ruins the flanking opportunities etc.
  • Hrafn-Fel
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    Yeah I get that the friend joining sucks but your friends still cant join if match is full. Its frustrating and screws people over when Dave locks his 1 - 2 man group cause he wants to sneak around. It keeps others from being able to complete their assignments/ tides of war.
  • Zinkys
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, not a fan of the locked squads. I'll get in a match and all but the one I get dumped into are locked. It ends up being me and like one other guy. Can't communicate, really can't do much but follow the other blue dots.
  • TuxedoBanana279
    347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like having the ability to lock a squad when I am in voice chat with them so random people can't join. I will admit I have been in the situation where all the squads are locked, but I can survive without a squad for a round.