GTX 1070

GrizzGolf
1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
How is the game running for you guys with a GTX 1070? Thinking about pulling the trigger on one today.

Comments

• HarryBallSacks
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the answer to your question is tightly linked to how many frames you need in order to be able to play the game and enjoy it, versus which graphical features you demand from the game in order to be able to enjoy it.

My system is i5-6600K with 16GB RAM and a GTX 1070, I run the game at 3440*1440/100Hz and I get 70-100 fps depending on the map and the location/action of said map.

To get 70+ fps I need to run a mix of low and medium graphical settings, the game still looks great with these settings.

If you want more frames than I am getting or more visual fidelity with similar frames I think you would have to go for a 1080 or higher. or perhaps stick to 1080p gaming, not sure what your are playing at, nor do I know to which degree you would gain performance between the 3440*1440 I am using and 1080p.
  • Huntinwabits
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    gtx ssc 1060 here and run on ultra.. 8350 amd pcu 1080 v synch 60 fps
  • tyrenberg
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Specs in my signature, I'm running it quite nicely on medium/high @. 60FPS
  • Silver_0047
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    How is the game running for you guys with a GTX 1070? Thinking about pulling the trigger on one today.

It runs very well, but make sure to pair it at least to a Core i7 4770k or better, because everything else will be a huge bottleneck. My 4770k is overclocked to 4.2 GHz and still the cpu is pretty much at 90-100% usage on all cores all the time. I'm playing on 1080p Ultra settings and get about 70-80 fps, but according to benchmarks 90-100 fps should be possible with an adequate processor and a GTX 1070.
  • TheSeries3
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a 1070 and play on med settings at 1440p with a i7 7700k. fps wise I get about 90-115. I'm probably going to buy a 1080 ti cause I want to play on high or ultra settings and still avg 100 fps. I use a 144hz gsync monitor
  • IIINikolaiIII
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Running locked @120fps with high,medium and some on ultra
  • PYZ_ss
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have GTX 1070, 32 gb RAM, i7 7700K and can ultra pretty good. I did customized the video settings to turned off a few features and I noticed a boost in performance. One other thing I noticed too was that I added some Corsair fans in the front of my case and I noticed a positive difference in performance as well.
  • Axle84
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    GrizzGolf wrote: »

It runs very well, but make sure to pair it at least to a Core i7 4770k or better, because everything else will be a huge bottleneck. My 4770k is overclocked to 4.2 GHz and still the cpu is pretty much at 90-100% usage on all cores all the time. I'm playing on 1080p Ultra settings and get about 70-80 fps, but according to benchmarks 90-100 fps should be possible with an adequate processor and a GTX 1070.

Whilst that is true when aiming for high FPS i find 60-70 is playable and i can achieve this without running on low settings with a potato CPU (FX 8350) but i have a 1070 ti.

Yes i initially was heavily CPU bound but after a few tweaks i found that DX12 actually works well on my hardware with FF off and by combining this with increasing the resolution scale through DSR on my native 1080p monitor to 1440p the card has woken up and stretched its legs giving me a far better frame rate and stable expereince and the higher resolution makes it possible to reduce settings further without looking like trash im currently on a mix of high and medium.
  • DaChileanSeabass
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a laptop with 6700hq and gtx1070. I run 1080p at dx 12 and get average 80-90fps and those crap areas in 70ish. DX11 seems to run the same but without much that random stutter. My cpu is my bottleneck because it causes the stutter