TTK Changes Discussion : All platforms

Comments

• EbonWarlock
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mallee78 wrote: »
    The change in ttk was a straight up slap in the face to the BF community. You told us "we hear you, but new customers are more important so, bye."
    Bring back the old ttk.
    Coming from a dude who dies a lot and actually doesn't mind it.

Exactly how this feels. The old TTK was perfect, a return to a more skilled BF game that rewarded clever players. The only problem was the TTD, that... that needed some serious fixing. Playing after the patch was definitely much less enjoyable. Guess its time to break out some of those other games I've been neglecting while playing BFV.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Audition89 wrote: »
    Many people might not research this stuff

Back in September 9 hedge funds liquidated their EA holdings and replaced their holdings with other AAA companies
    YTD the company was at $109.45 and is now trading at $81.19, prior to BF5 release it was at about $88 indicating a 10% drop due to poor reception, so this means it will stay low and will not recover unless there is a good Q4 report next year, or there is a great reception for Anthem. This change has upper level management pressure written all over it. How high ranking employees are compensated is in shares of stock that are restricted for a period of time, thus these types of drops have a significant impact on their year to year earnings.

With this type of reception I have a serious fear of future battlefield titles. Battlefield is an asset to EA and when an asset ceases to be profitable a company will no longer invest resources into it.

I have been interested in detailed analysis of this kind but it is a little off topic here, although potentially related insofar as pressure drives change!
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    99% of people hate new TTK and want old one back
    1% like new TTK

The community has spoken please change it back to old TTK or BF5 will die fast and reviews will get worse and even less people will buy the game.

I don't necessarily agree with the ttk changes at all, but blanket statements with percentages and no facts to back up a claim look ridiculous, just stop lol.
  • PickledCreeky
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tried the new TTK tonight. Overall I much prefer the shorter TTK; there were more flanks happening, the games seemed more interesting and generally the gunplay felt a lot more satisfying.

Really hope they're not going to stick with this long term :(
  • inpham0usV1
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    This is what is wrong with new TTK. People not accepting that they are bad.

I lol'ed.
  • o0_SnedDOG_0o
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1% like new TTK

The community has spoken please change it back to old TTK or BF5 will die fast and reviews will get worse and even less people will buy the game.

I don't necessarily agree with the ttk changes at all, but blanket statements with percentages and no facts to back up a claim look ridiculous, just stop lol.

Just using the percentages on this forum you should look through it and see that the percentages are correct on the posts from this forum.
  • DavTan
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tried it . 4 games with my favourite guns ( is that enough ? )
    I prefer original ttk but if you keep it dice, please balance the guns better between classes and even better give us 2 modes with all game modes standard and core
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1% like new TTK

Just using the percentages on this forum you should look through it and see that the percentages are correct on the posts from this forum.

One forum with a very small amount of the total population somehow got you to 99%?

I've looked all through here and been very involved in the discussion about ttk and have yet to see where 99% of the millions of bf players said the old way was better. Lol
  • GandalfPossesed
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    :D:D:D lmao.
  • renerabbitt
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bozman123 wrote: »
    Are we all so self important that we can't show some gratitude in the fact that we can click a button and be jettisoned to a different era to pretend like we're fighting in our grandfather's war. Nothing but hate for the hard working production teams that have no doubt poured their lives into producing innovation amidst tightened deadlines and insurmountable coding issues. Cut some slack, I admit to being a pre-modona from time to time, and I appreciate it when my friends call me out on it...take a step back and look at the big picture. This game will be good, give it some time. Heaven forbid half of you start stock trading, SMH.

Didn't realise they did the game for fee..

If I pay for something and do not get value for money i and everyone has a right to complain, especially when it was correct from the start..

correct by who's standards?
    this game isn't selling
    changing a core mechanic then seems like a possible revenue stream generator.
    Hypothetically, the 100 or so people here complaining about the TTK did not do enough to promote the game to create additional revenue..i.e. blame yourselves, haha

Changing a core mechanic then is a viable option, albeit temporary.

why do anything for a game, welp take a look at the developers ticker and you'll find out. It comes down to numbers. Someone posted about it in this thread and it was the most rationale response to the TTK changes

It seems as though the majority in these forums do no represent the majority of paying consumers.
    Everyone in here giving ultimatums and making demands like their is someone on the other end going "shiii- I never thought of that, I should be fixing the netcode or these 100 people are going to be upset even though for some reason our algo's we're right and we've started selling this game again...screw the boss I'm going back t TTK 1.0!"
  • MaxmilianThe1
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The community says that the TTK is fine, but to review the TTD.
    and DICE what does it do ?! he immediately goes to work on the TTK. What ??? !!!!! Why ????
    and it does not end here, instead of doing a mode to try out the new TTK, it applies to ALL the new TTK, and creates a "hole" called "Conquest Core" for the "old" TTK.
    Congratulations on how you (on the contrary) heard the community, the new TTK is really worth it, I want the money back and after BF Bad company, BF3, BF4, BFH and BF1 I understand that you like to make fun of people, doing the opposite of what you ask, this for me and for my friends is the last BF that we have purchased.
  • Steamer2010
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Back to topic.
    Old one felt better. The patch didn't help with the so called TTD experience.
    Some weapons, the ones which felt weak to begin with, are now even weaker.
  • Mediffs
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hypothetically, the 100 or so people here complaining about the TTK did not do enough to promote the game to create additional revenue..i.e. blame yourselves, haha
    No amount of promotion by users could've saved the trainwreck that was this game's marketing :D
  • Sn1pe-05
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No one wanted this change. I have not tried it yet but I can just imagine I wont like it b/c I always liked HC mode more which is a lower TTK
This discussion has been closed.