Weekly Debrief

The "core" community = loud minority

Comments

• Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    obisearch wrote: »
    Danz_RS wrote: »
    To the OP:

Why bring this up? Is it because it was Jack frags saying it?

We know exactly where his opinion lied before the vid. I'm sure lvl cap is putting his own together now and we will know where he stands too. Do you know why?

Because they all supported bf1 ttk 2.0, and after it was implemented they all smiled happily to them selves while bf1 died.

Excatly!

YouTubers like him and Westie Play on PC and didn't even reach the Max Rank in Most BF Games. They are Not the mayority they are the minority. On PC you have Lots of Hardcore shooters the Last Thing WE need is that Battlefield goes the Same way.

BF sells Most on consoles with Casual gamers.

I Wish Dice would make a BBC3 console only. Would sell way more then BFV. And they need to cancel that Gamechangers program. PC gamers that give Feedback for consoles is a really big Joke. They have No clue about playing with a PS4.

I have to admit I quite like 'The Broken Machine' and 'JBob the finesser', their PS4 lads. I wouldn't ever let them speak for me though

I Just know BM and He is excatly what i expect from a Wannabe YouTube Pro. Using the easiest guns to get Killstreaks. He could easily on PC too but would be probably Harder for him.

He actually does play on all three platforms including PC and does well on all three. He is a good player and puts up entire matches, not pre-selected kill streaks.

I don't say He is crap but He Just goes the easy way with SMG 08-18, Hellriegel and Martini Henry.
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    obisearch wrote: »
    Danz_RS wrote: »
    To the OP:

Why bring this up? Is it because it was Jack frags saying it?

We know exactly where his opinion lied before the vid. I'm sure lvl cap is putting his own together now and we will know where he stands too. Do you know why?

Because they all supported bf1 ttk 2.0, and after it was implemented they all smiled happily to them selves while bf1 died.

Excatly!

YouTubers like him and Westie Play on PC and didn't even reach the Max Rank in Most BF Games. They are Not the mayority they are the minority. On PC you have Lots of Hardcore shooters the Last Thing WE need is that Battlefield goes the Same way.

BF sells Most on consoles with Casual gamers.

I Wish Dice would make a BBC3 console only. Would sell way more then BFV. And they need to cancel that Gamechangers program. PC gamers that give Feedback for consoles is a really big Joke. They have No clue about playing with a PS4.

I have to admit I quite like 'The Broken Machine' and 'JBob the finesser', their PS4 lads. I wouldn't ever let them speak for me though

I Just know BM and He is excatly what i expect from a Wannabe YouTube Pro. Using the easiest guns to get Killstreaks. He could easily on PC too but would be probably Harder for him.

He actually does play on all three platforms including PC and does well on all three. He is a good player and puts up entire matches, not pre-selected kill streaks.

I don't say He is crap but He Just goes the easy way with SMG 08-18, Hellriegel and Martini Henry.
    Yeah he is definitely a tryhard, but he's good youtuber though.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I believe a lot of the frustration is they applied a fix without addressing many of the core gameplay issues.

Bad UI, poor visibility, TTD/netcode bugs, sound bugs, lighting issues, bugged assignments, getting stuck on tiny pieces of terrain, bipod issues, BALANCE (the list could go on).

As others have stated there are so many core issues with the game this seems like a weird place to start. Any or all of the things I listed above could cause new players to leave.

Blanking on the best analogy but let’s say you go see a doctor, tell him your sick. He cuts off your perfectly good and functioning arm and asks if that fixed the problem. I mean maybe it did? But maybe he could have done any number of other things before doing something drastic.
  • SkilletBurn
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with the OP. This negative toxic community is but a mere .0001 percent of those who play and enjoy the game.
  • SharpeXB
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Narfiam wrote: »
    I totally agree with the OP.
    The TTK 1.0 defenders are only a loud minority.
    I'm sick of the example of twitter with the absurd hashtag being used as argument. A lot of people replying in twitter are just replying for snobbery for sure.

LOL

The specific thread set aside for TTK feedback is overwhelmingly against the new TTK. Sorry bud, you're the minority on this. But you keep your head in the sand.

In the case you're being right (I disagree), I'm still having fun with the TTK 2.0 while you keep moaning.

The change doesn't really effect me much at all, I'm actually performing better in TTK 2.0 than I was in TTK 1.0.

This tells me that it doesn't in fact help newer players, they're getting stomped even harder than before because they have to land one more extra shot. It's also thrown weapon balance out the window, SMGs and Recon SLRs which were already on the weaker side are now even worse. Lastly, it's splitting the player base between two more server types.

I get that they want to test things to maybe increase lackluster sales, but they've gone about it the wrong way.
    before the TTK 2.0 I instantly died in any distance despite not being headshooted. I assume newer players have similar feels.
    That instantly killed perception is from a “Time To Death” bug. In reality someone had been shooting you for a whole lot of time but you experience it instantly. That’s why it was crazy to change the TTK until this was fixed. Most casual players never read this stuff so trying to appease them is misplaced.

• Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with the OP. This negative toxic community is but a mere .0001 percent of those who play and enjoy the game.

Some people are being a little negative but there has been plenty of constructive feedback. Just because people are passionate doesn’t mean they are being toxic.

And again the biggest question, with all the bugs why was TTK the hill DICE chose to die on?
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was rockin' a grumpy in the bathroom. Had a difficult time of it but this thread really helped me get through it. Thanks everyone.

You're welcome mate Lol
  • Luggerix
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    And by changing the TTK they are throwing all the gun balance out of the window.
    Exactly the game has really changed a lot and unfortunately a lot of the guns has gotten very big nerfs by doing this. In reality all the automatic weapons has been buffed a lot compared to SLR's especially the ones with low mags. This just makes a lot of the guns "skill-cannons" and that's not really good for the "casual players". If people just can't use half the guns in the game, what will they think of that?

The attrition system will also need some adjustments now, because people will run out of ammo a lot more, and this will again mostly frustrate the 'casual players'. We spend enough time already looking for health and ammo, making this a loot-game instead of a FPS is not making the game fun, just stupid.

TTK2 in BF1, was actually very well done, it lowered the TTK and changed a lot of balance-problems with the guns-classes. This just creates more issues than the game had before the changes.

Hopefully they will implement 'core'-servers for all game-modes and then we can choose what ttk-system we want to play.

This
  • BURGERKRIEG
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How can I tell if I’m a sweaty core or a filthy casual?

I need to know what side I’m on when the civilwar pops off.
  • TH3_R1PP3R
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Core = hardcore players for the most part. They have always been a small but vocal group. Honestly, do any of you guys that are complaining about the ttk so loudly play vanilla in other bf titles. Splitting the community between hardcore players and vanilla players is nothing new.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    OP is correct. Spot on.

Truth is most players could care less about Updates and most don't care.

I have 2 friends that could care less about Forums or Updates. They just play the game.

What they do care about is infinite loading screens and game breaking issues. Something DICE is ignoring.

I want the game to be experienced by everyone and I don't want a Server full of Try Hards.

Noobs makes matches interesting and cause all kinds of Dynamic Battlefield moments that Try Hards avoid.

Quit being Selfish community.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TH3_R1PP3R wrote: »
    Core = hardcore players for the most part. They have always been a small but vocal group. Honestly, do any of you guys that are complaining about the ttk so loudly play vanilla in other bf titles. Splitting the community between hardcore players and vanilla players is nothing new.

I'd say core players are not hardcore players, but veterans and BF fans that spend hundreds of hours in each title.

They're the players that keep the game running for years.

Casuals will play a few hours a week and probably drop the game as soon as something else they like comes along.
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Did you have a **** bucket?

If Not you are Casual.
  • Dragam
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Did you have a **** bucket?

If Not you are Casual.

I wear an adult dieper instead... for 3 days straight !
  • SharpeXB
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    There’s nothing wrong with being a casual. But why would a dev try to cater to people who will only play this game for a few hours? Game developers simply must listen to their fan base otherwise who would they appeal to? At least the “vocal minority” is vocal. How can the univocal majority communicate what it wants?

• TH3_R1PP3R
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I'd say core players are not hardcore players, but veterans and BF fans that spend hundreds of hours in each title.

Casuals will play a few hours a week and probably drop the game as soon as something else they like comes along.

I disagree, most guys that i have seen on this forum , and have interacted with, that have alot of hours in several bf titles could care less about the ttk changes, or like me, like the changes overall. I'd like to take a poll of guys complaining about it. I'm betting 70% or more are hardcore mains in other bf titles. The current ttk is similar imo to bf4 and to be honest I'm fine with that.
  • realMartiniHenry
    152 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dral13 wrote: »
    I believe a lot of the frustration is they applied a fix without addressing many of the core gameplay issues.

Bad UI, poor visibility, TTD/netcode bugs, sound bugs, lighting issues, bugged assignments, getting stuck on tiny pieces of terrain, bipod issues, BALANCE (the list could go on).

As others have stated there are so many core issues with the game this seems like a weird place to start. Any or all of the things I listed above could cause new players to leave.

Blanking on the best analogy but let’s say you go see a doctor, tell him your sick. He cuts off your perfectly good and functioning arm and asks if that fixed the problem. I mean maybe it did? But maybe he could have done any number of other things before doing something drastic.

Yes, so many other issues which are clearly more important, then to mess around with the ttk:

1. vaulting over small objects is bugged
    2. netcode (rubberbanding teammates, getting killed behind solid walls, hits not registrating, damagestacking)
    3. 1 second screen freezing
    4. most unnessesary overcomplicated UI i have ever seen in a game
    5. extremly long loading times for entering and leaving a server
    6. Game does not show you how many tickets are left in the round before entering the servers
    7. no map voting available
    8. no customizable server available to rent
    9. Not many different weapons to chose from and the available weapons are partwise realy simular to each other
    10. game needs more maps
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I disagree, most guys that i have seen on this forum , and have interacted with, that have alot of hours in several bf titles could care less about the ttk changes, or like me, like the changes overall. I'd like to take a poll of guys complaining about it. I'm betting 70% or more are hardcore mains in other bf titles. The current ttk is similar imo to bf4 and to be honest I'm fine with that.

Well i consider myself a core player, but i hate hardcore. I could live with TTK 2.0, it actually benefits my style of play.

What rustles my jimmies is I adapted and was perfectly fine with TTK 1.0, every aspect of the game seemed to be fine tuned around this TTK. That's all been thrown under the bus now and weapon balance is totally screwed. DICE also claimed that this change was implemented to help new players, but it actually does the opposite. Lastly it doesn't address the real issue which is TTD, not TTK. Fix TTD and all the insta-death complaints will vanish.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    There’s nothing wrong with being a casual. But why would a dev try to cater to people who will only play this game for a few hours? Game developers simply must listen to their fan base otherwise who would they appeal to? At least the “vocal minority” is vocal. How can the univocal majority communicate what it wants?

Again. 100000 people that play 2-3 hours a week vs 10000 that play 2-3 hours a day. You still end up with more playtime with the first group. And since casuals don't have time to unlock every item, the chance of they buying cosmetics to skip the challenges is bigger.
    Just played the game intead of chatting on the forums :)
    3 hours, not a single chat message about TTK. Server stayed full without any issues.
    So I guess all the people who don't like it ar browsing forums?
    So what you're saying is the average player probably can't even tell the difference...

Indeed I am. Some people even admitted this on the forums. That they wouldn't have known unless there were so many topics about it.
    I'm a mid-to-bad skilled player and I'm earning more kills and points in general and feeling less frustrated now. I need to land more shots but now I don't die instantly and I can react when being shooted by shooting back or taking cover, the only instant dies I suffer now are headshots or assaults/medics/M30 drillings firing me in close quarters, before the TTK 2.0 I instantly died in any distance despite not being headshooted. I assume newer players have similar feels.

Same here.

And let's be completely honest here. Jackfrags, westie say in their video's that it has taken weeks to learn and adjust to the game. And that with TTK 2.0 we have to "learn all over again". That's is simply not true. It took me about 2-3 hours and I'm adjusted. So firing up the community saying that they have to take weeks to learn all over again is toxic for the community. And they are only using their followers to complain with them. Those Youtubers already ruined the BF1 playerbase with TTK 2.0 and now they want to kill off the playerbase on BF V, just so they can make 3 kills with one mag...