TTK Changes Discussion : All platforms

Comments

• 5hadyBrady
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Fnec wrote: »
    Devs shouldn't change good mechanics because a few morons don't like the change between BF1 and BFV. BFV is less casual and that's a good thing. Stop trying to please everybody and own your game, you had a great game and it's going to turn to **** because you're trying to satisfy a few people who don't like any difficulty in gaming... Players just need to learn how to play the game. but they can't do that if you change gameplay every month... The best old multiplayer FPS weren't noob friendly at all and they were still very loved by players... New TTK is ****, bring back the old one please...

I think the new TTK is perfect. Thanks DICE!!! They finally listened to everybody. Who cares if 3 morons on the forum wanted the old TTK!!! BF1 was more casual because 90% of consumers don't live on the game. They like to jump into a game, play for an hour or so after work, and call it a night. Actually I'm just typing all of this to make a point. This is exactly the problem with video games today period. Developers do not make games based on what they know to be true. They poll the audience, and turn themselves into monkey's writing code. Unfortunately, 12 year olds on game forums don't generally have experience making video games. Developers are supposed to be the professionals. They are not anymore. They are taking advice from pre-teen's on the internet. That's who's building games in 2018. Pre-teens on the internet. The wisdom DICE have acquired over the last decade was supposed to be valuable. Apparently it's all out the window. It's not only DICE btw, it's basically the industry in a nut shell. ROCKSTAR still know how to make a game , and I'm hedging other developers will notice the success they're having, and turn the ship around. They wont have a choice. They can either get back to making games with what they know to be true, or, they can keep making lukewarm video games in some desperate attempt to please everybody, all while being out competed. This should get fun an interesting over the next few years. Some of these developers will go the way of the dinosaur if they don't figure this out. If I were a software developer looking for a job, I'd be calling Rockstar or some of the other younger talent who are hungry. I wouldn't work for DICE if it were the last job on the planet. I'd just jump off a bridge.
  • Blaster7R
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TrueCedric wrote: »
    I'm begging you. Please give us back the old TTK and just fix the netcode instead.

Pretty much... everyone seems to know you are using the TTK Change to cover up the netcode problems...

Jack Frags and Westy hit the nail on the head in my opinion... Maybe the reason people are leaving is not becase of the TTK.. that was the one thing you had right... Fix all the buggs.. and when you put out a patch... it should not make more bugs!..

You advertised this game as a more lethal game.. a more thoughtful shooter... I had ben having some growing pains coming from playing BF1.. now a month in .. and I have learned the new TTK.. you change it... WTF !
  • JUJAMAKILL
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    Semi auto rifles now suck at any range now, forcing me to switch to automatic weapons with high rate of fire. I guess I'll take a break till they done testing.

Or just play the servers you were enjoying with the OLD TTK...

Ok cool, will do that. Right after you point me to the server that lets me play grand operations with the original TTK...
  • JUJAMAKILL
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Wrong, many wanted a higher TTK. Higher TTK is more skill based because you actually have to aim. Once it's balanced properly it will be far superior.

Oh, because people are reliably killing others all the time without even aiming rite? yup i take out snipers at 100m hipfiring with my SMG... /sigh
    ****ing ridiculous
  • Jingledell
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you go lone wolf, don't use cover, don't check corners, and don't communicate, you're supposed to die quick. That's what tactical game play is. You shouldn't be able to screw up, get shot and have time to return fire. I understand Dice didn't get the launch they wanted. Neither did Siege. That game became success by becoming deeper and more strategic, and fixing its most glaring bugs. Dumbing the game down isn't going to bring in new players, it's only going to make the people already enjoying the game leave. Dice, with all due respect, this is the possibly the stupidest thing I've seen a company do since New Coke.
  • Toxic_CA
    859 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Smgs are completely useless thanks to the new ttk. You guys made them better only to make them worse a week later?
  • Sparrow
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW TTK
    Please roll back to old TTK.
    After the new TTK updated. It is hard to kill people and cause lots of weapons have a bad fun.
    Try to resolve the issue by other way.
    Now,the main problem is TTD or not TTK.
    I dont care how many bullets hit me .But I concern the time that each bullet hit me ,or not death immediately.
    Please Optimize the net code or not modify the weapon damage .
    The damage is GOOD at percent.
    Thx and change TTK as soon as possible!
  • Lizerdlife
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The TTK was fine, it was punishing but rewarding as hell. Why would a lower TTK attract more players? RB6S has a lightning fast TTK and that has so many dedicated players. If you actually implemented a proper live service system with cosmetic microtransactions (Like RB6S) you wouldn't have to worry about immediate sales of the game. I'm finding really hard to believe that DICE and EA are this short sighted, if this carries on the core player base is gonna give up and the game won't be unique and interesting enough for people to even give it a go.
  • RompelSt0mpel
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am hating this new TKK changes made, not sure if it is a general performance issue but since this update I am having to literally empty whole magazines into enemies without them dying, turning around and kill me!! WTF?
  • RompelSt0mpel
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am hating this new TKK changes made, not sure if it is a general performance issue but since this update I am having to literally empty whole magazines into enemies without them dying, turning around and kill me!! WTF?
  • TheThurston13
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like the new ttk. Not that I notice much difference. I also don't have issues with the medic class, other than every weapon besides the MP40 needs a slight buff. I can do very well with the medic class, which are close quarters weapons, I think a lot of people seem to forget, or aren't as experienced with bf which could lead to misinformation about how to play these games. If I can do well with the medic class there's no reason anyone else can't. Please be civil and remember they are going to constantly be working on this game. Peace.
    P.s. 14-2 was my score only 5 mins into a round on fjell (mostly close quarters) with the MP40. It's how you play each class that determines how well you do. Hope the game turns around for all those who aren't enjoying it, currently.
  • Zviko0
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

From the thread created yesterday "proving how bad TTK is" with a video, we found out that this is not a TTK issue. It's just bad aim.
  • hrrrrmmmm
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am on here just to ask you TO PLEASE CHANGE BACK THE TTK.

I just miss gaming being of skill and not a headnod to mediocrity. Passion in games grows from skill, not the lack of it. Even just let the option exist for domination (which wouldnt affect the tanks and other aspects of older BF games). This had the precision of counterstrike, mobility of COD, and the strategy unlike any game today(not to mention TEAM PLAY). 1 person is less significant with this update. So literally as an individual playing you feel that. Capping the skill of a player is one reason amateur gaming is so much less entertaining.

If you run out and dont have any sense, you die. How is that hard to understand. Why shouldn't I be able to take out a whole squad if I am tactically smarter? This update just makes good players worse and worse players better. Basically COD.
  • TheThurston13
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Zviko0 wrote: »

From a thread created yesterday "proving how bad TTK is", we found out that this is not a TTK issue. It's just bad aim.

Definitely a possibility in some cases.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice need to start thinking about who is going to make this live service work, the people they are trying to attract who will play a small amount of time and not get too invested, or the fans who keep playing everyday who will likely buy cosmetics once they are released for cash.
  • GrizzGolf
    965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the old TTK and the new TTK needs to be somewhere in the middle. Or just buff up the SMGs and DMRs a little.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    I think the old TTK and the new TTK needs to be somewhere in the middle. Or just buff up the SMGs and DMRs a little.

No it needed to be left alone imo.
  • 77TakeshiKovacs
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE MATES WHAT ARE YOU DOING, GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR **** AND FIX THE TKK PLEASE, THE OLD ONE WAS GOOOOD THIS NEW ONE = BAAAAAAAAAAD
  • Zuddybear
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for ruining one of the few enjoyable things about BF5, DICE :(

Bring back the old TTK please.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    He didn't die quickly at all, every damage registered separately, slow the video down. This was as fair as it gets.

I slowed it down and watched it several times. It looked like he hit him eight times.
    It looked like he hit him about 8 times. Even if it was less than that it should be enough to drop someone. Plus he did die really quickly. If it was the other player that shot him then something doesn't make sense.

The other player had better aim. Makes complete sense.

How do you know he had better aim when you have only seen what happened from one perspective?
    How do you know he/she didn’t?

As @HardAimedKid said, one headshot from OP would have changed the outcome.

Edit: OP clarified that he died from a second player.

So in other words: the other player didn't have better aim at all. OP was killed by a third party.

Doesn't change the fact that OP hit the player he was aiming at approximately eight times.
    OP’s bullets were flopping all over the place. I don’t have the best aim on most days, but the purpose of the thread definitely isn’t supported by the supplied video.

I count 5 hits and most of those hit the other players foot.

Hint: HS = same damage as before
This discussion has been closed.