Weekly Debrief

Battlefield V PC Player's Performance guide

Comments

• JMan42028
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hkpowa wrote: »
    GTX 1070 / I7 6820HK OC 4Ghz / 16Go ram / Game is install on SSD

CPU usage : 90 - 100%
    GPU Usage : 30 - 50 %
    FPS : 15 - 25 - 1920/1080*60Hz

Everything in LOW or Everything in ULTRA do not change the numbers ahah
    Anyone as an explanation Please ?

Problem only with Battlefield V :)

probably isn't what you want to hear, but I am running a similar setup, but I have an i7 6700 series and a 1060. I run it on ultra at 1080p at about 45 fps. Pretty solid and playable. But after this recent update, dropping down to the high preset, I run it at a capped and solid 60fps on 64 player conquest.
    I do also run 16gb of ram...so maybe its a ram issue? Several posts are saying that frostbyte games are sensitive to ram. So maybe thats it? I know I'm not a ton of help other than to say, you got something going on with your rig or internet, because you should be running it just fine.
  • Llewelyn_MT
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JMan42028 wrote: »
    probably isn't what you want to hear, but I am running a similar setup, but I have an i7 6700 series and a 1060.
    It's hardly similar. i7-6820HK is a mobile CPU, less powerful than an i5-6600K (that is the Intel CPU listed in the minimal system requirements), let alone your i7-6700K.

• Malzius
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    JMan42028 wrote: »
    Hkpowa wrote: »
    GTX 1070 / I7 6820HK OC 4Ghz / 16Go ram / Game is install on SSD

CPU usage : 90 - 100%
    GPU Usage : 30 - 50 %
    FPS : 15 - 25 - 1920/1080*60Hz

Everything in LOW or Everything in ULTRA do not change the numbers ahah
    Anyone as an explanation Please ?

Problem only with Battlefield V :)

probably isn't what you want to hear, but I am running a similar setup, but I have an i7 6700 series and a 1060. I run it on ultra at 1080p at about 45 fps. Pretty solid and playable. But after this recent update, dropping down to the high preset, I run it at a capped and solid 60fps on 64 player conquest.
    I do also run 16gb of ram...so maybe its a ram issue? Several posts are saying that frostbyte games are sensitive to ram. So maybe thats it? I know I'm not a ton of help other than to say, you got something going on with your rig or internet, because you should be running it just fine.

• DanishThor
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    as always, it seems dice just guess the requirements. the minimum intel cpu (6600k) is better at everything than the recommended amd cpu (1300x). heck an overclocked 2500k will just about beat an overclocked 1300x

The i5 don't have hyper threading. 4c/4t is not enough. 2500k might actually be better than i5-6500k for BFV.
  • TylerKA24DET
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    as always, it seems dice just guess the requirements. the minimum intel cpu (6600k) is better at everything than the recommended amd cpu (1300x). heck an overclocked 2500k will just about beat an overclocked 1300x

The i5 don't have hyper threading. 4c/4t is not enough. 2500k might actually be better than i5-6500k for BFV.

My i5-7500 at 80% usage begs to differ. It all depends on settings. With FPS capped to 60 on my setup there is no bottleneck. Raising the frame limit does peg the CPU at 100% though.
  • lKangI
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    r5 2600
    1060 6g
    12g of 3k mhz ram

all high settings 1080p. 80-90 fps on most conquest map. DX12 ON
    with dx11 on I get sub 60 fps so there you go.
    I see 15 frame improvement if I use FFR on both dx12 and 11.

My biggest issue currently with dx12 is that it will randomly lower my mouse sens but the game will still say it's 20%. it will feel like 15% and I'll have to restart it and change back and forth from dx12 to 11 then back to 12 to get it back to normal.

Also is vsync broken for anyone else? The ingame option does absolutely nothing for me.
  • Switchboy88
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The reason this game seems to perform poorly on older pre 2016 cpus doesn't really lay with the game itself. It has to do with the games relaince on speculative computing and multithreading.
    With the spectre and meltdown patches from last january both multithreading and speculative computing performance on these chips was impacted more than we thought. Most applications and games stil arent that scalable to multiple threats, but frostbite is. If you were paying attention at the time you would have seen reports of degrading performance in battlefield 1 coming in since last january. Because EA also released a mayor update right around that time everyone blamed that update for the serverely degraded performance. Boy were they wrong...
    My specs:
    i7 2600K @4600Mhz
    Z68XP-UD3P
    24GB kinston hyperX @1600Mhz CL9
    Geforce eVGA 970 OC 4GB @ 1250Mhz core & 3750 Mhz memmory
    500GB samsung 850 EVO
    This rig was getting terrible performance on the lowest setting due to a severe cpu bottleneck. I was getting 97-100% load with gpu ussage of 30 to 40% resulting in 30 to 40 fps. Unplayable!

After turning off the spectre and meltdown patches and performing, some other configuration tweaks I managed to get a steady (capped) 60fps with a cpu usage between 60 and 80 percent!

To turn off spectre and meltdown patches you can use inspectre https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm

Be aware that though spectre and meltdown are both only used as proof of concept and not seen in the wild both exploits are serious and you should re-enable the patches when you are not gaming.

Other optimizations were:
    Turning off origin nvidia and windows gaming overlay and dvr.

Renaming or deleting
    ' GameBarPresenceWriter.exe' and ' GameBarPresenceWriter.proxy.dll'
    In system32 to prevent them from running.
    Turn on future frame rendering
    Turn off vsync
    Turn on framelimiter @60 fps
    Optional: overclocking of cpu and ram

All of this combined made the game run smoothly for me.

More background information can be found on my blog:
    http://www.gamesdust.nl/index.php?id=249
  • Llewelyn_MT
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

That's bonkers. 2500K is trash by today's standards. It has 4 cores @ 3.3 GHz, no HT, DDR3 memory with max bandwidth that is half that of the Ryzen 3, not to mention it has lower base clock speed. You'd probably have OC the 2500K above 6 GHz to match stock 1300X in multithreaded tasks.

That said, a 4C/4T CPU that has a clock of under 4 GHz simply isn't enough to run BFV properly anyway, be it Ryzen, i3, or an older i5 (on DDR3).
  • Rodofhot
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just for those of you who have seen the Youtube videos of the game Beta running on the Intel 630 UHD on board Graphics chip it does not work with the Release version of the game. You get random crashes using Direct X 12 even when you get into the game and get to set all the settings to min it will still crash randomly at menus or if your lucky if you get in the game. Intel lists this as a "known issue" in the release notes for their latest driver version for the Intel UHD 630 graphics chipset. So despite the youtube videos out there I have been unable to get the game stable and it most often crashes right at launch. Have an 8th Gen Intel 8600k Core i5 with 16GB DDR5 ram on a ASRock H370 Pro 4 mother board. Wondered if anyone has had any success with the release version of the game on the on board graphics Intel UHD 360? Game looks awesome on my other PC!
  • TylerKA24DET
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

That's bonkers. 2500K is trash by today's standards. It has 4 cores @ 3.3 GHz, no HT, DDR3 memory with max bandwidth that is half that of the Ryzen 3, not to mention it has lower base clock speed. You'd probably have OC the 2500K above 6 GHz to match stock 1300X in multithreaded tasks.

That said, a 4C/4T CPU that has a clock of under 4 GHz simply isn't enough to run BFV properly anyway, be it Ryzen, i3, or an older i5 (on DDR3).

Once again, I don't quite know why people keep perpetuating this myth. My i5-7500 and 3gb 1060 keep me over 60fps even in normal combat, and my CPU usage is only at 80% with frames capped to 60. This is on 1080p Medium/High mix settings. Of course, unlocking higher framerates causes CPU usage to rise, but it still doesn't stutter. For 1080p 60hz on this game, a modern quad core will suffice. You do need more than 8gb of Ram though for those settings. Narvik for example uses 9gb on my setup. When my 1070 gets here I doubt I'll ever drop below 60 Fps in any situation.
  • bratmat
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Guys try to change fov parameter to 50. I gained a huge increase of fps from 45-70 to 57-110 fps on every map. My gfx rx480 8gb. CPU xeon 1230 3.3ghz 8gb DDR3 1600 cl9
  • BassMan_PC
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bratmat wrote: »
    Guys try to change fov parameter to 50. I gained a huge increase of fps from 45-70 to 57-110 fps on every map. My gfx rx480 8gb. CPU xeon 1230 3.3ghz 8gb DDR3 1600 cl9

Are you trying to make people feel sick? FOV 50 is console level trash.
  • bratmat
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are you trying to make people feel sick? FOV 50 is console level trash.

I know that the battle field will be little narrow but why it gives a huge performance increase. I tested it on BF1 and I get only few fps more.

I only ask to test it by people who had some problems with performance.
  • Ainzalot
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    im under the impression that bf5 has lots of texture issues. eventhough im playing on ultra with 150 % resoscale. anybody found a way to fix that? lots of low level res ****. in bf1 one could fix this with putting af to hq and 16x in nvidia driver panel but doesnt work in bf5 anymore.
  • Buffon
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When will DICE isolate China from the world?
    DICE has to exclude cheater.
    94.4% of cheater are connected from China.

Region lock CHINA
  • MnMusky55
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    7th Gen i5 7500K / EVGA GTX1070SC / 16GDDR4 and on ultra 1080p i range 50-90FPS depending on the what map and whats going on (i imagine my CPU is bottlenecking my GPU's performance)but i prefer to back most of the graphical content down to low and then im 90-130+FPS, helps see enemies and increases game play (in it for the win not the beauty). I think this game is a blast, always bugs to work out no matter what your playing.
  • Perosek
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    My component: AMD FX8370 OC 4.6Ghz, RX580 8g, 32g RAM, Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000, Monitors: 3x Dell resolution: 5760x1200pix. FPS 50
    Thanx very much.
  • tyrenberg
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Running a i5 2500k at 3.5Ghz, 8GB DDR3 and a 1070Ti 8GB GDDR5 at Medium/High and I'm mostly on about 60FPS.
    Ain't complaining, keep it up Dice. Without you, there wouldn't be any BF for all people to complain about.
    Cheers.
  • RompelSt0mpel
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    This game's performance is S*** to say the least. I play fine sometimes with an fps of around 70 and other times my fps will range anything from 88 to 44 and sometimes even drop to 39.

This really makes playing unpleasant for me especially in those close combat situations where it feels like my system completely freezes while I watch getting killed by an enemy (most annoying). Running everything on LOW at resolution of 1280 x 768 Fullscreen.

So take this issue that I have and combine it with the new TKK update = the worst BF playing experience of my life!

My specs:
    Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4Ghz
    16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
    Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB
    ASUS VG248QE 24" FHD 144Hz

EA / DICE Please fix!
  • Random_Soldier2
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I5-8600K,GTX 970,16GB DDR4 RAM,new drivers and medium / high settings in game - all time 80-100FPS,all time but with new update (yesterday i think) have stuttering and microlags (still 80-100fps), but game is laggy with network icons (show High latency- why??? ping was stable on 40ms,always),network connections stable too,everything is functional... i think new update messed something in game or servers.