Weekly BF

Can't call in the V-1 on xbox.

Comments

• HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    My clan called in its first V1 last night on XBOX, seeing the big explosion on a enemy flag and then hearing the squad leader shouting "25! 25!" And the rest of the squad think we got 25 players with that one strike. Then the squad leader starts laughing "No it did only 25 bloody damage to one player" :#
    Post edited by HANSGRUBER30 on
  • TEKNOCODE
    11083 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    My clan called in its first V1 last night on XBOX, seeing the big explosion on a enemy flag and then hearing the squad leader shouting "25! 25!" And the rest of the squad think we got 25 players with that one strike. Then the squad leader starts laughing "No it did only 25 bloody damage to one perason" :#
    One of my squad mates called in the v1 for the first time on Wednesday. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. BOOM! Wiped our whole squad.

Damn you jwr! :|
  • LithosMike
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My group also had trouble using the squad points menu wheel.

In general, I'm not a fan of this type of menu wheel in any game. I somehow always end up selecting what I want 2 or 3 times before it registers. I think I just release the joy stick before the held button (LB and RB in this case).

What's so difficult or slow about bringing up a menu to spend squad points where I click X, A, or B to make my selection? If they're going to give us a lot of choices, I can see the wheel menu, but we can only buy 3 things...
  • JacobtheSmartGuy
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • doctorrocktor
    1824 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I get this with the tank call in,it says its been deployed but doesn't show on the map,ie invisible tank.

If you redeploy it is at spawn.

Bizarre I know.....

Not working for me
  • DisguisedMike
    432 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This right there is why I think that the points made with V1 rockets should be divided between squad members instead of just rewarding the squad leader. I think it would only be fair because launching a rocket wouldn't be possible without the contribution of everyone in the squad. This would also help to avoid giving the squad leaders an even bigger points advantage on the scoreboard.

The selection wheel needs work

I think it's pretty bad on console. This system already managed to make me rage. I died so many times because the game wouldn't let me equip the binoculars. :(

I play with a squad of friends on PS4 and we usually make enough points to call two V1 rockets in every match. I'm always squad leader so I got a very good opportunity to test the system in the last few days.

I probably called between 30 to 50 rockets at this point.

Equipping the binoculars is really hit or miss right now. I usually manage to equip them after a few tries but sometimes while trying to equip the V1 rocket it gets launched by accident without pressing R2. When this happens the rocket doesn't even go where I was aiming, it just lands on a random spot on the map and I waste my squad points for nothing. This already happened to me multiple times since the start of the beta.

Suggestion

Instead of a hold and release system that barely works, I think an easy fix for this problem would be to let us click on R3 to equip the binoculars once we made our selection.

• It’s super akward or glitched. I’ve done it plenty of times but I literally just ended a game with 67k points cuz I just couldn’t bring it up. Tried all different combos including holding the right trigger but nothing worked. There were no other rockets on the way either.
  • MARINEav8r
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ITzRage999 wrote: »
    You have to hold the RB and the LB at the same time move and hold your right annolog stick up and let go of RB and LB at the same time but still hold the right annolog stick up. Works for me.

Tried doing that, but I could never reliably get the binocs to come up... and the one time I did I dropped the buzzbomb on my own head....
  • MARINEav8r
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Okay I figured it out it's just like the poster above said you got to hold the right and left bumper make your selection all the while holding the right trigger let go of your selection continue to hold the right trigger and the binoculars will come up.

You say hold the right trigger? That's how I killed myself with one....
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Takes me at least 2/3 attempts to even get to the binoc part - then everyone has buggered off to the next flag already
  • HappyDad242
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im having the same issue, when I get the binoculars it glitches and I cant aim/look to target the rocket. Really upsetting because I end up wasting the whole match points... :-(
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    On Xbox for V1:
    - press RB+LB
    - Select the V1
    - Press RT to select, binoculairs should be visible now
    - Press LT to aim with them
    - Press RT (fire) to drop the missile
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My first V1 call in scored me almost 2k points and ruïned a tank 😁

By the way: tank call ins are only available in the spawn screen after call in. Only Squad mates can spawn in them

That being said I have way more problems With giving orders via the commo rose; 75% of the time it is just ignored
  • KarmaKinetic
    By the way: why are multikills With V1 not counted as such?
  • DevilsBathtub
    848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Okay I figured it out it's just like the poster above said you got to hold the right and left bumper make your selection all the while holding the right trigger let go of your selection continue to hold the right trigger and the binoculars will come up.

Its a car crash of a system.
    Why not just have it the same way you select an objective style?
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had issues with it as well, the method I use is:
    -Press and hold RB and LB, this will bring up the menu.
    -Point right stick up to make your selection, while still holding down RB+LB.
    -Let go of RB+LB at the same time(I find it best to hold RS on the V1 for a second, and also not let it down until after I let go of the bumpers.)
    -Then aim(LT) and fire(RT)

On Xbox for V1:
    - press RB+LB
    - Select the V1
    - Press RT to select, binoculairs should be visible now
    - Press LT to aim with them
    - Press RT (fire) to drop the missile

I'll try this method, sounds easier than how I do it now.
  • georgeanzelon
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep. I have only been able to acquire enough points for the rocket 3 times and only once has the game actually let me use it. Very frustrating. Also playing on xbox one x. Both times that rocker could have made the difference in us winning, but nope we lost. Such a waste of points, cant believe dice released this game and is SELLING it with all these bugs and issues.
  • KarmaKinetic
    edited January 20
    calling in the V1 on xbox is way to complicated and more of a hit and miss affair during which time you will probably get shot dead. It should be fixed
  • M_Rat13
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a pain.

You have to hold the stick in on what you want to select, while letting go of the bumpers.

If that doesn't work then it's definitely a bug for you.
  • Recoil101-SA
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 21

That is just the dumbest combo EA could have thought of.