Stuttering / Microlags makes the game unplayable right now

jazzthing
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
PC:

Ryzen 6 2600
AMD Vega 64
16GB Ram

Yesterday Windows installed the October Patch. I had to update the graphic card driver afterwards and also updated mainboard drivers. Anyway, since yesterday, I have stuttering / microlags in firefights, so the game is unplayable. There also random frame drops for no reason. My CPU and GFX are both bored because I play the game on low settings like I did in BF1, my hardware is not at fault.

I suspect the October Patch broke something, but maybe it's the last BF V patch. Has somebody the same problems? Or does someone knows a viable solution? I play on DX11, used both Adrenaline 2019 edition and the last 2018 one, to no effect.

Comments

• Dragam
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jazzthing wrote: »
    PC:

Ryzen 6 2600
    AMD Vega 64
    16GB Ram

Yesterday Windows installed the October Patch. I had to update the graphic card driver afterwards and also updated mainboard drivers. Anyway, since yesterday, I have stuttering / microlags in firefights, so the game is unplayable. There also random frame drops for no reason. My CPU and GFX are both bored because I play the game on low settings like I did in BF1, my hardware is not at fault.

I suspect the October Patch broke something, but maybe it's the last BF V patch. Has somebody the same problems? Or does someone knows a viable solution? I play on DX11, used both Adrenaline 2019 edition and the last 2018 one, to no effect.

Do you have a freesync display ?
  • jazzthing
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. And Freesync is enabled.
  • Dragam
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. And Freesync is enabled.

Are you using rivatuner to limit the fps below your monitors hz?
  • jazzthing
    No, I limit fps in the gfx driver.
  • Ne0tax
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I think its a CPU problem

G-card frametimes are fine on my System, only my cpu is on useage 95%-100% :) i get spikes to
    Amd R9 Fury Adrenaline 2019 FreeSync On 144Hz FrameLock @ 120
    CPU 6700k @4.5Ghz

Battlfield V has the worst optimize since BC2

first time Nvidia is the new Battlfield partner ***cough
  • Huntinwabits
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    run a cleaner for file loggers.
  • jazzthing
    Ne0tax wrote: »
    I think its a CPU problem

It worked fine before yesterday. As I said, I play on low settings anyway, so the CPU with it's 6 cores is bored (50% usage at best).
  • Dragam

That won't work nearly aswell, as that limits the fps at driver level, rather than cpu level, giving more latency and increased frametime variences (stutter).

I don't know what display you have (ideally you want to mention ALL your hardware in your first post), but assuming that you have a 144 hz display, use rivatuner to set a framerate limit of 134, and see how it runs.
  • zePokar1
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I have the same problem since patch. Very annoying. I have an I7 4790k and a 1080. I only have 8 gigs of ddr3 though, I'am thinking it's not enough anymore theses days. Even though it worked before last patch. I play on mostly low settings too to keep around 120 - 100 frames.
  • Furious_Fista
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Guys, i just found the culprit in my case for the high CPU spikes even in DX11 or DX12- it is Rivatuner RTSS FrameLimit causing these spikes. Controversy to what we do expect with CPU Frame Limiter providing less input lag and stutter, this was the causing the dips. Removed it and now my CPU graph is absolutely flat even in DX12.
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/2eeej6k9o/
  • jazzthing
    Dragam wrote: »

That won't work nearly aswell, as that limits the fps at driver level, rather than cpu level, giving more latency and increased frametime variences (stutter).

I don't know what display you have (ideally you want to mention ALL your hardware in your first post), but assuming that you have a 144 hz display, use rivatuner to set a framerate limit of 134, and see how it runs.

I have a HP Pavillon 32 running at 75Hz. I disabled the limiter and the problems are still there. It runs at 150 fps but it feels like chewing gum and in gunfights there are microlags despite the high fps. I benchmarked other games like Rise of the Tomb Raider and Assassin's Creed Origins and both run smooth without lags or spikes or strange frame drops.
  • BassMan_PC
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    This game eats lesser CPUs for breakfast. On my i9 9900K rig, the game runs great, but on my laptop which has a i7 7700HQ, the game has bad frame pacing and stutters even though I am averaging around 80fps. It just doesn't feel smooth on my laptop.
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    This game eats lesser CPUs for breakfast. On my i9 9900K rig, the game runs great, but on my laptop which has a i7 7700HQ, the game has bad frame pacing and stutters even though I am averaging around 80fps. It just doesn't feel smooth on my laptop.

Makes sense except for the fact that I have a 8086k at 5.2ghz and a 2080ti and I get these stutters and lag spikes also. Cpu usage is crazy in this game. I have tried it all nothing works I have a slim OS with nothing running except the game, orgin and msi after burner and game is at 80 to 100% cpu usage. Gpu usage is good I run it on dx12 and frames are good also but it’s these lag spikes or stutter every so often. Seems to happen the most when there is a lot going on in one area. I can go to practice range and it’s smooth as butter.
  • jazzthing
    BassMan_PC wrote: »

Only if you play on high to ultra settings. On low it runs even on my old i7 2600k. And before yesterday I had zero problems. BTW, I remember having the same issues in the middle of Bf1 lifecycle, hopefully the next BFV patch fixes the issues.
  • Dragam
    Dragam wrote: »

I have a HP Pavillon 32 running at 75Hz. I disabled the limiter and the problems are still there. It runs at 150 fps but it feels like chewing gum and in gunfights there are microlags despite the high fps. I benchmarked other games like Rise of the Tomb Raider and Assassin's Creed Origins and both run smooth without lags or spikes or strange frame drops.

When using freesync, you need to cap the fps BELOW the hz of your monitor. So download rivatuner and use it to cap fps at 70.
  • S1n31ra
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yup, jesus christ the server are awful now. Unplayable.
  • VonReisler
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I keep telling people all these performance issues are server related (assuming you have a well optimised pc)
  • zePokar1
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I ended up formating and doing a fresh win 10 install wich fixed my suttering issue with the game. So for me it was probably on my side. Hopefully they find out why you guys are still having problem and fix it asap.
  • RichAC
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would say most common issue for stuttering is power saving options. set desktop to run full performance mode. especially cpu options like intel speedstep and c-states.

But here are some common fixes for stuttering in game:

disable superfetch
    Disable indexing
    disable xbox gamebar dvr and broadcasting
    Turn on trueplay and enable gamemode for bf1
    set pagefile to 1024 min/max
    disable themes
    set appearance to best performance
    disable fullscreen optimizations for bfv.exe
    uninstall uneeded apps and disable startup programs you don't need.
    make sure you have the intel rapid storage drivers installed or disable it in bios and uninstall them.
    disable all audio playback and recording devices you don't use
    Disable hdmi or monitor audio devices from system devices in device manager
    lower default audio settings to 16 bit 44100
    clean your temp files
    if you have a intel hd graphics with your cpu install the drivers
    set pcie as primary graphics in bios
    install latest chipset drivers or motherboard manufacturers drivers
    update all firmware including hdd.
    use ddu to reinstall graphics drivers
    uninstall geforce experience and nvidia hd audio.
    set nvidia settings to performance mode
    can try setting pre-render ahead to 1 or 2 in nvidia settings.
    give a small bump in voltage if you know what you are doing
    cpu, ram and gpu do better having a little more voltage than just enough... or go back to stock clocks and test
    don't use motherboard or oem software for power savings or performance settings. Do all power configurations from within bios!
    repair, or reinstall the game and or origin using revo uninstaller.
    try to run game after a windows "clean boot"
    reinstall windows using upgrade option from media creation tool
    disable origin in-game
    try gpu restriction on or off in game settings
    don't use dx12, only use dx11
    cap fps
    run windows in high performance.
    disable intel speedstep
    disable c-states in bios
    enable vrm spread spectrum
    disable fast boot in bios and in windows
    never use sleep or hibernate mode
    if you do use sleep or hibernate, after wake try to disable and enable display adapter in device manager
    reseat gpu and memory.
    do a memory test, hdd test
    clean standby memory after long up time.
    try lowering polling rate and repeat rate on mouse and keyboard, especially if gaming drivers.
    unpark your cores
    if you have a 6 core cpu, park 2 cores.
    change to a server in a diff area.
  • Kriso0
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VonReisler wrote: »
    I keep telling people all these performance issues are server related (assuming you have a well optimised pc)

I think the same.