Upcoming Game Changes Related to TTK - From Dice Dev

Comments

• DirtyDog1974
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Clearly Dice has multiple personality disorder, or they cannot figure out their direction. How do they expect to keep anyone with these decisions?
  • stevenomes
    63 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    now the fight for popularity begins. who will come out on top? based on these forums I'd say say TTK1. but this is a small faction of the player base. will be interesting to see how it works out.
  • Wikstone
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Unreal. Problem is TTD and look what mess they made of it.
  • DirtyDog1974
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TTD is so much the problem, unfortunately it seems Dice cannot figure out what's wrong with the code so we get this cluster. If they would just fix TTD, then there would be no need to futz with the TTK.
  • IamNotThatWhichU
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love how you guys keep saying "ooh, its gonna cut the comminity in half!"
    In half? Erm, no it isnt.
    Hardcore players are most likely, while the most vocal, a tiny minority.
    So get real, stop trying to impose your will on the rest of the community.
    Dice should have a hardcore mode yes. One where the 100 hardcore players, (1%) out of the ten thousand (99%)of normal players, can go and 1-shot kill each other.
  • trip1ex
    5183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i'm gathering up some popcorn for when they announce the return of spotting.
  • Pillownaut
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So now both TTK 1.0 and 2.0 fans should be satisfied. Go DICE!
  • carlos_magaz
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I just got tired of all the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ around this game (ttk, ttd, cc, bugs, EA, dice, etcetcetcetc) I definitely quit. They are setting a trap wich is leave the new ttk very visible and move all the old ttk servers near to clandestinely (bottom on the menu like it is now) what are they gonna get with this? Easy, majority of the players are not coming to bf forums so most of the people won't even know there's any change or any other option to play so they will get into the visible servers (new ttk) as usual, after one week dice will say majority of the player Base was playing with the new ttk and it will be enough reason to keep it permanently. You all will see this, I'm more than sure.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nice.. 👍
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And still the community finds a way to complain...

• fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pillownaut wrote: »

Now they have to keep up with the balance of weapons on each game mode.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    This is crazy solution.......dividing playerbase entirely. So indtead of one bugged and problematic ttk we have now 2, both with broken TTD and both with entire different weapon balance. Never seen bigger mess in any previous title.
  • Oskool_007
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Looking forward to TTK 2.0 weapon balancing. Medic SMGs need some love. Assault's M1907 absolutely melts people compared to Medic weapons. It even out performs SMG's at close range...
  • bran1986
    5900 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    Looking forward to TTK 2.0 weapon balancing. Medic SMGs need some love. Assault's M1907 absolutely melts people compared to Medic weapons. It even out performs SMG's at close range...

It outperformed smgs in the release ttk as well. The m1907 beats every smg in the game but the 981 rpm Suomi.
  • Pillownaut
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »

Yes. Luckily that's not of my concern. Are you worried about DICE employees working too much overtime?
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »

Yes. Luckily that's not of my concern. Are you worried about DICE employees working too much overtime?

Im worried that they won't be able to keep up. Two different versions to balance as well as keeping up with the live service, not to mention there's still numerous bugs that need fixing. Seems pointless to add more to the plate imo.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Isn't it ironic that dice went to a crappy free dlc model so that they weren't "splitting the player base" and now they've effectively split it more than ever in the first month the game is out? Lol
  • CSO7777
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In Europe at least, there are plenty of servers running conquest-core. If they would just make it a filter option and then make the server browser work as normal everything would be fine, at least for a while (until the player-base begins to drop). I think more core-players will continue playing than TTK-slow-players, because thats where a lot of the die-hard fans like the original TTK.

I think a lot of new players will probably switch to core when they have played for some time and gotten hold of the game-mechanics. The feeling of the guns with the core TTK is just so addictive and the gun-balance is much better (even with its problems).

But of course in the long run this still splits the players and will probably make some game-modes harder to play because fewer and fewer players play either core or 'normal'.
  • DirtyDog1974
    I think the reason why they made all modes be new TTK is because they were afraid of they didn't no one would play it.