Nice letter to DICE! ( Read Slowly )

hi5_Sniper
32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Dunno how to start so I will just say Hello to all people that play Battlefield for many generations...

Also have to thanks DICE to creating fantastic franchise...I've been enjoying Battlefield since 1942...

But also I have to tell them that they are doing completely wrong thing with this last title called Battlefield V...

Why I think that? Because you people said,that this game will be different....Or should I say "Battlefield will never be the same!".....So my question is Why DICE...Why are you bringing old habits into new game???....
Battlefield V to me is totally unique experience overall.... As matter affect all Battlefield games are based on teamwork,squadwork and the big maps with a lot of amazing stuff or OnlyInBattlefieldMoments....Conquest was the best mode until they brought operations in BF1,now they brought Grand Operations and etc. Which is amazing...BFV release was a some where balanced type no matter what mode you play....But last update just went huge step backwards...BFV supposed to be tactical game! Why I mean that?

First of all I would clarify that BFV is set in World War 2 era....that means,that people didn't had any extreme vests on them or anything...they had only jackets,pants,boots,ammo,helmet and gun to get into the fight...they had to protect them selfs only with that to survive...They had to work tactically,to have plan to WIN,to destroy enemy tank,to save hostages and etc...So why would you ruin history??? Just because of people that buy the game...play for couple of hours and get to the next game??? There is no reason for that....Changing TTK on regular servers and adding CORE servers is huge move backwards.... TTK was good where it was,cause it was different....and it was compared to real war simulations,you can survive 2 bullets if enemy hits you in leg,arm,chest,stomach and etc....3rd one is instant death.... from any range.... You said that you've changed it cause of new people that get the game? There was no reason to change it even for them...Why? Cause they expect to be best at any game they enter...It doesn't work like that at all...You have to stick around at least for a week to get to know the game not to enter to get massive amount of kills and just say "Oh this game is good,or This game is trash" , you have to adapt to something if you wanna play it...

I shouldn't say any advices since I am not creator of the game...But I can write couple of ideas that could make BFV the best World War 2 game ever....

Ideas:

-Bring back the normal tactical(CORE) TTK! (Battlefield was never just Run&Gun gameplay,That is what is CoD for...)

- Stop separating people into 2 sides....(This is not political matter,it is a game. So I am sorry for those who like hardcore but normal TTK values are between Softcore and Hardcore,so no reason to use any gun to one shot ppl...There should be few guns that could do that,but they would be balanced,like one shot kill for longer reload or anything)

- Add 2 new animations or possibilities in game that wasn't in any previous MP game ever....

Those are Dragging teammates bodies to safety,and to use grenade to destroy the tank to open the hatch and toss it inside. (This would also be available in upcoming BR game mode)

- Create an unskippable tutorial for people that enter the game for first time...Create it in WW2 experience....Like a General saying all kinds of stuff....Like you should get from cover to cover,play PTFO,revive teammates,resupply them and etc....To get them prepared into the game for first time...There is many ppl that enters the game and say,what should I do? How do I reload and etc...If you create that it would help many of them...sure they will find it boring to watch but that is why you have to give basics in 5min or so.... that is enough time for human brain to remember something...

- Create in-game items like badges,medals to be equippable and visible on ranks above 50...To put them on ur uniform and to go into BF like that...So that would be cosmetic item....Imaging getting to last rank like 200 and getting Medal of Honor badge and wearing that on ur uniform...and seeing it in game....that would be amazing!

- Role out daily task all the time(It is there now but needs more new ones)

- Add World War 2 feeling inside...So when you watch the movie like Saving Private Ryan or any WW2 movie and you wonder how was it back then,you enter the game and feel that experience...I mean I felt that every time when I played the game until TTK change...

- Focus on bug fixing,netcode improvements and polishing the game...

That is what I have for now...If community have something to add pls be nice and write reasonable in comments...Don't be stressed....Think about before writing any expression down below...ur not helping that way you are only getting what you don't want.... Keep in mind that is not easy to implement everything and to get everyone happy... This game shouldn't be just another FPS game that will come and go....This should be the best World War 2 game ever! I know many Battlefield veterans and long time youtubers like JackFrags,Westie,Stone and rest, would agree to this! So please DICE listen to the right community!
Thank you in front!

P.S. Sorry for bad English ;)

Comments

• spitfire27028
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    great input. the game is too hard for me to play. just like BF1. how can someone fight against professional players that get 30+ kills per round when others can only achieve 3 ? And all those [email protected]#ing settings to consider? WTF? it should be a level playing field! How can the developers expect anyone to enjoy a game where you are pitted against the best players? im a low rank player and im up against high ranking players with 40+ kills to my 2 in one round! NOT FAIR! and settings? WTF? THE SETTINGS SHOULD BE THE SAME FOR EVERYONE DAMN IT! i waited for BF5 and played BF1 for the last 2 years with frustration. BF5 comes out and its just as bad. i guess you have to be a full time gamer to get any satisfaction. Maybe they will have college classes for the game soon? what happened to good old fair play? to heck with settings, to heck with ttk and all that other BS. the game should have the same settings for everyone AND IF YOU ARE A LEVEL(RANK) 50 PLAYER YOU SHOULD FIGHT WITH YOUR OWN LEVEL! HEY DICE, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF "PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE!!!!!!!!!!! frustrated again, I guess ill go back to MISSILE COMMAND
  • Jayremie570
    1621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    great input. the game is too hard for me to play. just like BF1. how can someone fight against professional players that get 30+ kills per round when others can only achieve 3 ? And all those [email protected]#ing settings to consider? WTF? it should be a level playing field! How can the developers expect anyone to enjoy a game where you are pitted against the best players? im a low rank player and im up against high ranking players with 40+ kills to my 2 in one round! NOT FAIR! and settings? WTF? THE SETTINGS SHOULD BE THE SAME FOR EVERYONE DAMN IT! i waited for BF5 and played BF1 for the last 2 years with frustration. BF5 comes out and its just as bad. i guess you have to be a full time gamer to get any satisfaction. Maybe they will have college classes for the game soon? what happened to good old fair play? to heck with settings, to heck with ttk and all that other BS. the game should have the same settings for everyone AND IF YOU ARE A LEVEL(RANK) 50 PLAYER YOU SHOULD FIGHT WITH YOUR OWN LEVEL! HEY DICE, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF "PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE!!!!!!!!!!! frustrated again, I guess ill go back to MISSILE COMMAND

I dont know if this post is real or bait or what.? If literal then you need some more living i guess.

Not everything in life is fair or tailor made so you can do well and feel good. Good feels come from the struggle to improve and one day realizing those improvements. Sorry but there NEEDS to be a last place.
  • boutneus
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There’s a difference between being bad because of game mechanics, unbalanced weapons/vehicles, bad map layouts vs developer handholding. Suppression would be such handholding, low recoil also, spawn protection this kinda stuff.
    They can get rid of all the handholding but they can’t do it by a general: here, higher TTK if the BALANCE isn’t there.
    10 times more annoying to be killed by a guy abusing a certain op vehicle, then some1 who has laid in the hours to get good .

Problem is the hardcore players tend to immediately flock to whatever gives them the most advantage, which just means noobs are getting dunked on twice as hard. Add in low TTK and yeah, funz gone
  • hi5_Sniper
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    [...]

and I believe this is a main problem.

new players want to be as good as veterans w/o putting time into it. they want to get the same K/D or whatever matters to them.
    But this is not how it should work. they give up to early, have no motivation and stop playing the game. Dice want those new non-tactical players to enjoy the game too.
    But instead they nerfed the game for everyone and make it noob-friendly. and that is a HUGE mistake.

Indeed!
  • hi5_Sniper

I dont know if this post is real or bait or what.? If literal then you need some more living i guess.

Not everything in life is fair or tailor made so you can do well and feel good. Good feels come from the struggle to improve and one day realizing those improvements. Sorry but there NEEDS to be a last place.

Ofc....Work hard so one day you could enjoy vacation ;)
  • hi5_Sniper
    boutneus wrote: »
    There’s a difference between being bad because of game mechanics, unbalanced weapons/vehicles, bad map layouts vs developer handholding. Suppression would be such handholding, low recoil also, spawn protection this kinda stuff.
    They can get rid of all the handholding but they can’t do it by a general: here, higher TTK if the BALANCE isn’t there.
    10 times more annoying to be killed by a guy abusing a certain op vehicle, then some1 who has laid in the hours to get good .

Problem is the hardcore players tend to immediately flock to whatever gives them the most advantage, which just means noobs are getting dunked on twice as hard. Add in low TTK and yeah, funz gone

Yeah but this is totally new game...New experience....It shouldn't be like any other game before that....There is plenty stuff in game that you can use to kill one enemy that is good...also teamwork is needed more then anything