Battlefield V PC Player's Performance guide

Comments

• Niick1402
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'll leave this here. dont expect any replies i dont visit here very often.

My system:
    i5 4670k Standard clock speed + Scythe mugen MAX
    16gb 1600mhz
    1060gtx 6gb overclocked by myself (asus rog strix)
    Asus z87c mobo
    Win10

I can't give you excact numbers for fps but i dont have any issues like stuttering or anything else that's noticable. Some things you could try:

Make sure nothing extra like a browser or Geforce Expierience is running. I only run GPU tweak(GPU OC), origin and kaspersky AV.

My gpu driver is 417.22

Open nvidia control panel -> Manage 3d settings -> select program settings tab -> select bfv.exe -> set power managment mode to prefer maximum performance

Go to Control panel -> system -> advanced system settings -> click advanced tab -> click settings in the

performance section -> select adjust for best performance.
    right click BFV shortcut and run as administrator. it's under compatibility, IDK if it helps, dont think so.

open notepad and paste the text below into it then save it in ?:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V The name should be user.cfg (make sure it's not user.cfg.txt) You should also set motion blur to 1% in the in-game settings. Set the rest to Lowest/Off. It might look worse but not by much and is beter if you like winning anyways.
    GameTime.Maxvariablefps 600
    PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
    PerfOverlay.FpsDisplayScale 4
    PostProcess.DofMethod 0
    PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
    PostProcess.DynamicAOMethod 0
    Render.VSyncFlashTestEnable 0
    WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
    WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
    WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 1
    WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
    WorldRender.PlanarReflectionEnable 0
    RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 0
    RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 0
    RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 0
    RenderDevice.DxDiagDriverDectectionEnable 0
    RenderDevice.VSyncEnable 0
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0
    RenderDevice.StereoConvergenceScale 0
    RenderDevice.StereoSeparationScale 0
    RenderDevice.StereoSoldierZoomConvergenceScale 0

• GUNNY1966
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First off I will be the first to say that some of you come in here & **** & complain about how the game functions meaning "LOCKING UP / BLUE SCREENS ect. ect. without even taking the time to clean up your SPECIFIC SYSTEM & the issues your having. Now if you wish to jump on all the complaint wagons you might FIRST want to "CLEAN YOUR PC / Computer"! Some come in here & have little to NO IDEA what it is to FIRST - clean up your system & make certain your system is running at it's best. I literally spend hours in my community helping others whom have complaints & most are simple issues YOU can fix. There are NUMEROUS Windows 10 settings that VASTLY EFFECT your game along with your system anti-virus & firewall. I'm going to post up some simple suggestions in a attempt to show some that the simple things will make somewhat of a difference.

[/b]The following can be completed simply by taking the following steps:[/b]

( 1 ) Go to your Windows Search & type in CMD ( RIGHT CLICK on CMD ) & select to "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR"
    enter the following command line into your command prompt - sfc /scannow <--- EXACTLY AS SHOWN then press ENTER & allow the scan to complete.

Once completed it will tell you the results of the scan & from there you can take the necessary steps to resolve the issue. Another thing is to do a MANUAL WINDOWS UPDATE after you have completed the scan. This ensures if there are any HIDDEN repairs you will get them thru Windows Update! You can run ALL of the commands in the EXACT SAME MANNER as shown above to assure your system Operating System has NO ERRORS. Each of the COMMAND LINES shown below will NOT HARM your system.[/color][/b]

NOTE: Each of the COMMAND LINES SHOW BELOW must be ran in the "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" mode in order to complete successfully!

sfc /scannow
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

I'm certain that his will help someone providing the steps are followed & completed as described! It will do you little good to change all the settings as some have stated if you don't take the time to clean up your system prior to making all the changes. There are SO MANY different Windows 10 settings that will effect your gameplay but this is a start!

Also I will be the first to say when you see someone posting up user.cfg files as shown in some of the previous post, if your system doesn't match in the individual hardware categories it won't perform as the person posting has stated!

We utilize TeamSpeak3 & Teamviewer14 constantly to resolve issues & I suggest you hook up with a Community with members whom will assist you in improving your specific issues! Don't complain if you don't take the time to help yourself, it's NOT EA or DICE's fault if your system isn't optimized!
  • Str0ke9
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With all of these frequent DLC's and patches it makes you wonder: Why even release the game in the state it is in?
    I've spent hours trying to get my rig to run for what it's designed to do. Still no luck.

Before the tides of war patch, the game ran very well for me.
    Now I cannot enable g-sync (anything above 60 fps) and play without a CTD.
    30 seconds in, I get flickering, freeze then boom...game is gone. Even in menus.

The game runs great if I cap it at 60 fps with Vync ON; w/ monitor at 60hz
    Also runs great with future frame rendering OFF regardless of whether g-sync or sync is off or on. But then I take a big FPS hit.

At launch I could run gsync on, 144hz monitor (capped at 120hz) medium settings and FF rendering on. 80-100 fps.
    I've tried a clean install, no fluff software and no OC on anything. Nothing works as it should.
    BF5 campaign plays fine at 144hz and so does BF1, even online.

Z390 board
    1070 FTW card.
  • kcuestag
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    stroke9 wrote: »
    With all of these frequent DLC's and patches it makes you wonder: Why even release the game in the state it is in?
    I've spent hours trying to get my rig to run for what it's designed to do. Still no luck.

Before the tides of war patch, the game ran very well for me.
    Now I cannot enable g-sync (anything above 60 fps) and play without a CTD.
    30 seconds in, I get flickering, freeze then boom...game is gone. Even in menus.

The game runs great if I cap it at 60 fps with Vync ON; w/ monitor at 60hz
    Also runs great with future frame rendering OFF regardless of whether g-sync or sync is off or on. But then I take a big FPS hit.

At launch I could run gsync on, 144hz monitor (capped at 120hz) medium settings and FF rendering on. 80-100 fps.
    I've tried a clean install, no fluff software and no OC on anything. Nothing works as it should.
    BF5 campaign plays fine at 144hz and so does BF1, even online.

Z390 board
    1070 FTW card.

Same here, game crashes to desktop even on the menus, with the same sympthoms, the sound lags, game freezes and then it closes with no error message...

Ryzen 7 2700X
    16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14
    RTX 2080

I play at 1080p @ 144Hz (No gsync, vsync off too).

Computer is stable in any other app, even stress tests. But BFV has been unplayable for days now due to crashes.
  • SynysterGates73
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dell Inc. G5 5587
    BIOS Version
    SMBIOS Version
    Windows 10- 1803
    Intel® Core™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design- 6GB

Important stuttering issue in game. Game is smooth for five minutes or a bit more before becoming unplayable. It has been going on for the past two weeks, the game was constant 80 fps in high settings before.

I tried many potential fixes
    - Re installing the game
    - High priority CPU, disable main background tasks
    - Updated drivers
    - In game commands such as render ahead limit or fps limit

Performances are okay but my HDD is spiking to 100% activity during the stutters
    screenshot: https://prnt.sc/lvo9q1

I don't have enough space on SSD disk to install the game.
    Any potential solution, I'd be very grateful :)
  • Wboson
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Switched out my i5 [email protected] to i7 [email protected](3.5Ghz), still lagged as hell.
    Guess I got better chip as my i5, so OC-d it to i7 [email protected] Now it´s more stable.
    Added -GameTime.MaxVariableFPS 90 to Shortcut Target and finally it caps FPS.(doesn´t work in console nor in AMD settings though).

Finally could play on stable 90 FPS with drops to 75FPS in Narvik, but I´m guessing the culprit is mist\smoke in point C as my Fury X lags badly in NFS with Volumetric Smoke(or whatever the setting was) turned on.

Textures\Terrain\Mesh are at High, others are mix of Medium-Low. GPU VRAM <3.5GB and CPU at 75% of usage.

I saw some1 mentioning monitor refresh rate. I would like to point out that monitor has its own module and running monitor @120\144Hz doesn´t change anything for the PC part and doesn´t stress the GPU\CPU\RAM. Unless turning on Vsync(or FS\GS has some restrictions on Hz side), I´d run always monitor on it´s highest refresh rate. The lower the FPS the smoother it gets with higher Refresh Rate measured in Hz.
  • ueberLadung
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    System:

Ryzen 5 2600
    DDR4 3200 Mhz
    RTX 2070

Had the same issues like a lot of people here: game runs fine but suddenly crashes to desktop... sometimes after 1 and sometimes after 30min

Solution for me: I turned of the DOCP Profile @ 3200 Mhz to non OC @ 2400 Mhz --> Game runs perfect ...

Still I'm a bit dissapointed cause i think I lose around 10-15 fps this way... but I have still enough.
  • dR_d00m2160
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Win 10 update from 1803 to 1809 fixed it for me.

I understand people's frustration with having good hardware but poor performance. I have a 3960x (no OC), 16gb ram, Vega 64 and 144hz monitor. I was getting 50-75 fps stuttering mess with dx12 and a combination of ultra, high, and low settings. Dx11 wasn't much better. My brother has a 4790k, 16gb ram and 1080gtx with same settings. He was getting way over 100fps on the same scene. I get higher superposition scores so I knew something was wrong. Win 10 update 1809 almost doubled my fps.
  • Ohnoozer
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was using a rx580 and it ran great @ 1440 with stuff turned down a bit. Upgraded to a 1070ti and didn’t like it so I replaced it with a Vega 56 which I like a lot more. But now I’m getting microstuttering in battlefield v....even though the framerate shows 60.

Any tips on how to remove it?
  • SopuliApina
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i7 5930k @ 4,8ghz
    2080ti OC
    3200mhz 16cl DDR4

Fps jumping between 55-110. GPU usage is by average 55% and max 60%. CPU usage average of 70. Really poor optimization.
  • D3ft0ne
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    i7 5930k @ 4,8ghz
    2080ti OC
    3200mhz 16cl DDR4

Fps jumping between 55-110. GPU usage is by average 55% and max 60%. CPU usage average of 70. Really poor optimization.

I am on the same page man! A bit slower set up i5 7600k @ 4.6 and 1070... i know i can do better, since in BF1 , my CPU was maxing out, at least it was doing work... now it sits at 70% ! Like dude , you gots work to do.. process the epic battle! lol
    * Setting fb5.exe to high priority in task manage details helped me a bit.
  • Llewelyn_MT
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    This game's performance is S*** to say the least. (...)
    My specs:
    Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4Ghz
    16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
    Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB
    ASUS VG248QE 24" FHD 144Hz

EA / DICE Please fix!

Stop trying to run the game on hardware that's way below minimal system specs and it might just help. Your CPU is an 8 years old junk that belongs in a gaming museum, not to mention it's not even OCed.
  • Flawion
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    System:

Ryzen 5 2600
    DDR4 3200 Mhz
    RTX 2070

Had the same issues like a lot of people here: game runs fine but suddenly crashes to desktop... sometimes after 1 and sometimes after 30min

Solution for me: I turned of the DOCP Profile @ 3200 Mhz to non OC @ 2400 Mhz --> Game runs perfect ...

Still I'm a bit dissapointed cause i think I lose around 10-15 fps this way... but I have still enough.

I had the same problem with my pc: i7-9700, aorus elite z390, patriot viper 4 16gb 3400 cl16 .. ram was't fully compatabile with my mobo. I tried to stabilize ram, change io/sa/ram voltage and a lot of different parameters. In memtest, ada everythink was fine for 4h+ of testing, but in bf5 i had freezes and crashes.. So i just changed the ram to g.skill ripjaws v 3200 cl14, and now everythink is working fine!
  • DocCuda418
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Works fine on my 3770K with a 680GTX. Running at [email protected] My second machine -8700K with a 1080 does 141 and never uses more than 70% of the GPU. CPU is very high just as BF games always are. All settings low except mesh which is ultra. With I could turn off all post processing and the stutters were dealt with but other than that I think performance is matter of settings and tweaking as it always has been, for me anyway.
  • Micas99
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm stuck at 70% GPU utilization with rig in the sig. No ideas

edit - it's future frame rendering doing that.. turn it on, 99% utilization
  • OceanDK
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    I'm stuck at 70% GPU utilization with rig in the sig. No ideas

edit - it's future frame rendering doing that.. turn it on, 99% utilization

yes and maybe try the renderaheadlimit 2 -It made my FPS much more stable.
  • DocCuda418
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Turned on future frame and have renderlimit on 1 right now. GPU still doesn't get hammered much above 75% or so (1080). 2560X1440 @144 Gsync. Game seems to run between 115-141fps. I have an 8700 running stock at 3.7 with boost off. CPU is about 75% and the CPU heats up to 160F. I started with everything low except mesh but now I have started bumping some things up like lighting and texture.

I have to delid this CPU and add a water cooler, fan noise drives me crazy. I can then run at 4.5-5.0 but BFV actually looks really good once I dialed in my settings right, thanks to you guys.
  • OceanDK
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DocCuda418 wrote: »
    Turned on future frame and have renderlimit on 1 right now. GPU still doesn't get hammered much above 75% or so (1080). 2560X1440 @144 Gsync. Game seems to run between 115-141fps. I have an 8700 running stock at 3.7 with boost off. CPU is about 75% and the CPU heats up to 160F. I started with everything low except mesh but now I have started bumping some things up like lighting and texture.

I have to delid this CPU and add a water cooler, fan noise drives me crazy. I can then run at 4.5-5.0 but BFV actually looks really good once I dialed in my settings right, thanks to you guys.

You may benefit with raising the renderlimit to 2
  • DocCuda418
    Will do. Thanks.