TTK Changes Discussion : All platforms

Comments

• Dutchdevil23
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For God sake change iT back to how iT was. Its like we forced you to give møre ammo and now you making sure we need the ammo stations as fast as in beta. So then you up the ttk so i need a whole magazine to kill someone. So we have to run back to ammo station anyway. Like in the beta.

Terrible design
  • FireStarterGR
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTK was just fine before the updates. Please guys... Every gun has its difficulty. Semi autos are more difficult than full auto, especially with aim assist on. So for every gun there should be a different aproach. The bipod is indeed gives advantage and lower to zero recoil. The recoil isnt bad in BF 5. The Time to Die has to be adjusted, because after the updates, people that play the game experience it like dying in hardcore mode, and the same time, killing as if they were playing in super core mode. Everything will be fixed if more game modes appear, and player will choose their level of experience. You want to kill instatly, play the hardcore mode. You want the previous TTK, play that. You want to fire for ever to make one kill and at the same time die at once from a quick scoping sniper that always achieves HEADSHOT, play that too.
    I mean its all about the realism of the game, and thats the distinguishing characteristic that made this game famous. But please, dont make it unplayable, though so many people dont have pings like 30 and lower.
  • VeZ_74
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yet another big disappointment from EA .. they seriously have a problem when trying to nerf the game so it will be easier for new players, and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on absolutely all their regular players who have followed them through thick and thin. The game was really promising, better than bf4 and bf1, but they have still not been close to recreating the gameplay that bf2 and 1942 had. Their attitude is just as we can expect from EA last 10 years.
  • iLollyStyle
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTK need to go back to origenal not playing this game , with this update. Played 60+ hours and now thye game feel broke.
  • FireStarterGR
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only snipers go for the head and for that they have the cheat-bot-god blessed for them, quick scopping. Everybody else dies in a blink of an eye with TTK 2.0 and kills one guy after he fires a whole magazine. VERY GOOD JOB DICE. Realism just for snipers.
  • GTT_Ch0pper
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice. You need to find a way to combine TTK1 and TTK2 and get rid of two playlists. Have a unified version of the game and balance the weapons around it. In close quarters, one more bullet won't make a big difference but medium-long range engagements feel off for various weapons.

And allow custom/private servers to HC conquest modes where things like mini-map, health regen, etc can be tweaked.
  • Bl4zy8911
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    This change even made me log on to forum. I was about to buy this game and then the TTK change happened and it really changed the scales. I can't really see any improvement as they claimed, i still die while registering 2 shots at max from an assault rifle, without headshot wondering WTF just happened, dying 4 meters behind the corner is still a thing even with 20ping. And when you are shooting someone it's like shooting a Robocop now. So where is the fix? O.o Medics were sometimes painful to play before the SMG damage increase, but it was fun. Now? It's a horrible feeling, you can see it also on the numbers of people playing medics after TTK change. Are they really hiring people based on diversity, not a skill now? I was putting aside all the agenda ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and defending the game in terms of fun gameplay, but right now i have nothing to build my defense on. *Have 100+ hours played before the TTK change*
  • javis11
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve been apart of the BF community sinc BF2. This game felt like one of the best in the franchise when it rolled out. There were bugs, as expected with all BF titles. I’ve now played hours with both TTKs, and the old version , 1.0, feels much better and more rewarding. I still get the flirty instant TTD in both, but the ability to take out multiple enemies with a flank in TTK 1.0 is much more rewarding than flanking an enemy sq and coming away with 1 kill at most before having to reload, and getting dropped by the other guys. DICE, please revert the TTK back to the previous state. Seems clear that most of your community agrees.
  • AntiFox08
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is night and day better after the changes IMO

It's actually fun to have gunfights and some time to react from being shot instead of getting melted instantly by campers.

Its not... Not if you playing recon with SLRs... They nerfed them too with this patch... They are worthless now... How can you say this is better!?

The SLRs didnt need any nerf to their damage, there have been zero complaints over these guns, so nerf was unjustified... If this change so great according to you, then I suggest you go recon class and pick up the ZH-29 SLR and go play the objective, then see how that goes... You have zero clue what you’re talking about here... This ttk change affected guns that before this patch, were even underpowered for their intendent role... So saying this is great, well its not...

So let me just say this for the 10th time... The reason why people died fast are because of 2 things...

First we have the ttd problem, you die in one frame, and nerfing ttk does not fix this...

Second we have 2 overpowered classes, assault and support... They are NOT and never were overpowered because of their guns having to high damage, they were overpowered because of the following reasons...

1. They have too good accuracy
    2. They have too high bullet velocity
    3. They have too low bullet drop
    4. They have too little recoil
    5. They can use 3x zoom scope with no glint
    6. They have all this (1-5) combined with a high rate of fire (ROF)...

Of course they are going to kill you super fast no matter ttd problem or not... And of course they are going to be overpowered... If you really wanted to fix this you would had changed these things (1-6) of every individual assault and support weapon, and this would had solved alot of problems... Instead they change ttk across all classes, and this is breaking the balance between the classes even further...

Changing the ttk like this were nothing more then a lame attempt of a ”quick fix” to silence all the angry players beeing disappointed with getting an unfinished product... The class (im)balance is a huge problem... And they should had put all their resources into fixing this first before the official launch, instead of fixing with Battle Royale, because nobody really cared that much about Battle Royale to begin with...

If dice dont revert the ttk change, and balance assault and support class guns aside, then lots of people will withdraw their support for this game and servers will become a ghost town... Remember were you heard this first... Because its going to happen unless they fix this...

I mainly use the M1A1 Carbine, which has among the lowest damage per bullet of any SLR, and I manage to do quite well for myself because I have better aim and awareness than a lot of players out there, and understand what playstyle best suits the weapon.

Not sure what you're really going on about here TBH. Sounds like you either just need to improve your aim and awareness, or need to adjust your play style while using SLRs. The SLRs are still formidable as they have very low recoil and a reasonably high fire rate. You can still PTFO with SLRs, you just need to maintain that gap. There are many ways and styles in which to 'PTFO'. Some are much more effective with certain weapons than others.

You are still at an advantage at medium range if you are proficient with the weapon. However, if you want to go CQC run and gun style in the objective with an SLR, you're going to have a bad time. It's not meant for that. Use an SMG or an assault rifle if you're going to play that way, and you'll have a lot more success.

Also, to answer your question: I personally think it's better because I think a higher TTK requires more skill, where the more skilled player will come out on top most of the time in a gun fight. I didnt have a big problem with TTK 1.0, but I think TTK 2.0 is a lot more beneficial to more skilled players.

Also, I realize this post may come off as a "git gud" post and a "I'm better than you" post, but that's honestly not my intention. I just think that weapons pre TTK 2.0 felt like they were all super effective at all ranges (SMGs aside), and that there was very little differentiation between weapon playstyles. I think that a lot of players got used to SLRs being capable of dominating at all ranges. I dont think that's good weapon balance.
    It's not skill at all. If you're able to eat a quarter of a belt of 8mm (and really take each round, not every 3rd or 5th) then (super late) do a lazy adad strafe and quickscope 1 hit kill while still eating rounds to the face, you're not good at all. The game is broken at that point, and you just had luck.

@montreal961 weapons don't need more recoil. In fact, anything with a bi-pod should have less vertical recoil when deployed. A real MG-42 with 1500 RPM has a lot of straight back recoil, but very little, if any, vertical recoil when the bi-pod is being used. Look up ForgottenWeapons on YouTube. That guy just re-uploaded an old video YouTube took down of him shooting a full-auto FG-42. Average recoil from standing, almost no vertical recoil while he's prone with the bi-pod deployed.
  • H8_Arth
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    ZH-29 is for the sheeeeeeer majority 3hk now... that's inhumane

any aggresive play is out of the window with that, you just need to be a complete coward now and hide.

it's clear to me now that they have no idea what they are doing.. said it a while back it's like they hired a entire new team with zero BF experience
    Post edited by H8_Arth on
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The reason for this seems to be driven by low sales and poor responses through marketing and post release issues, The TTK AND TTD probably being the most contentious of the bunch.

There's also a theory that the original TTK was too punishing for the newcomers and casual sort.

One thing the main youtubers have all said is that newcomers will struggle when first playing a new game. God haven't any of these guys played Counter strike or rainbow seige to name but 2 of many games that are massively popular but mega punishing to new folk. Those games still sell very well and people gain a huge satisfaction is learning the ropes and overcoming the hurdles in the gameplay.

Why can't EA/DICE see that the issue here for new players most definitely is NOT the TTK? But more down to the plethora of other bugs, performance issues, and generally rubbish marketing.

• ps_865
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Speaking for consoles players, if DICE wanted to make noobs die less, instead of nerfing the TTK, they should buff the AA to be at par with the K&M obusers
  • TheKiTler
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA is OP Dice pls Nerf
  • XVNonPlusUltraVX
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's so laughable oh my god ...
    The new TTK helps the more skilled players and not the noobs. The TTK1.0 allowed bad players to kill good players even having bad aim.
    Now, I'ts supposed that people posting here are skilled players ( core fanbase), but instead of being happy, they are angry about the change so I'm starting to think that people here are not so core players as they say and they are just noobs that instead of playing and enjoying the game like the rest of the noobs do, they just only know how to cry. But please don't mind me.
  • Entek101
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the biggest problem that boggles me is that the medic guns were buffed to make them more in line with everything else, then everything was nerfed to make it easier to survive. This brought the medic guns back down to a level where they were worse than they were at launch.
    Im seeing an alarming trend now in games where there are next to no medics present at all because they cant kill anything. Having to protect a weak class this much so he can revive people SLIGHTLY faster than everyone else can seems counterproductive.
  • Thmln
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's so laughable oh my god ...
    The new TTK helps the more skilled players and not the noobs. The TTK1.0 allowed bad players to kill good players even having bad aim.
    Now, I'ts supposed that people posting here are skilled players ( core fanbase), but instead of being happy, they are angry about the change so I'm starting to think that people here are not so core players as they say and they are just noobs that instead of playing and enjoying the game like the rest of the noobs do, they just only know how to cry. But please don't mind me.

Well that's what i say: he new ttk helps experienced players. However that means the new ttk does not do what it's supposed to do( help new players) I win even more fights now. I still don't like it(yes you can dislike something even though it gives you an advantage)
    why? because that's not the game I bought and like to play. Why not reduce damage on bodyshots to 1% and only make headshots count? would be way more skillbased but not fun at all.

• szymon250499
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah they're catering to the Fortnite and Blackout kiddies crowd over the Battlefield regulars.

Should've just saved this trash hitmarker party for the Battle Royale mode they have coming out later.

Yes! Exactly.
  • Toastbang
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice. You need to find a way to combine TTK1 and TTK2 and get rid of two playlists. Have a unified version of the game and balance the weapons around it. In close quarters, one more bullet won't make a big difference but medium-long range engagements feel off for various weapons.

And allow custom/private servers to HC conquest modes where things like mini-map, health regen, etc can be tweaked.

I prefer the original TTK. It is crucial to have 1 version of the game... You're going to segregate the community into 2 playlists, which seems counter productive to the whole no premium dlc thing.

The TTK2 is confusing. I don't understand how basically needing a full clip to kill someone is helping the new players? It doesn't even feel right, and it totally squashes any reward of intelligently flanking someone, when you literally can't kill their squad mates.
  • szymon250499
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just hope that DICE PAYS ATTENTION to what we veteran players are saying, since we, or at least I, have been playing BF for a long time, so if I may say, I actually know what I'm talking about XD.
    Its like, I also also play Rainbow Six Siege which has a very fast TTK and requires skill and teamwork. We sometimes get new/casual players who come from Fortnite, FORTNITE! Who then complain about the game (mostly kids though, but still).
  • BFEDGE
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I struggled at the beginning of release, as any hard BF gamer does i kept plugging away. I got better and better, and now this. I'm 51 years old, i love gaming, but this re adapting again is kinda killing it for me. Conquest Core is the only option which i am used too, for 78 €. Oh dear Dice that is very sad.
    Is BF dying out, this decision is doing the right job to kill it imo.
This discussion has been closed.