Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V 12-11-2018 Update

Comments

• Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is incredible but people are walking away because of a lack of rentable servers and a proper hardcore mode, please make it happen fast :(
  • Beat_Mangler80
    Next time when you want to listen to the community, make sure you aren't talking to and changing the game for a thousand five year olds while the core community out there has no idea you are 'listening to the community'
  • Beat_Mangler80
    jaketx wrote: »
    12. Due to the lighting of some areas and the coloring, it is nearly impossible to see a sniper scope glint resulting in many people including myself to all of a sudden be dead
    You are not supposed to see scope glint everywhere. It is as rare as when a sniper has you lined up in his sights, and you are looking almost right back at him. That's it. Unless we could have constant scope glint for all the children playing the game, they should like that.

• BlindChance
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Improve med and ammo crates. They should be visible on the mini-map (only for your team) and the cooldown on them should be far shorter.
  • GuezWhoo38
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What have you done to the planes DICE !!! this is soo boring now.. why make the reload so damn slow on all planes .. even stuka and spitfire.. why why why???? You ruin the whole aspect of flying in the latest patch.. let us get bombs when we resupply. What else are the supply stations for??? Spitfire was op but only the 8x303 machine guns!!! Not the tiny bombs!!! And bomber was op.. only the loadout was to big 32x50kg was to much.. why make reload so slow on all planes now.. ?? 80% OF TIME SPENT FLYING IS JUST WAITING FOR BOMBS NOW. AND WHEN U LUCKY ENOUGH TO SEE SOME ENEMIES , THEY ARE LONG GONE ORE DEAD BY THE TIME BOMBS ARE RELOADED .. EVEN VEHICLES HAVE TIME TO REPAIR LIKE 5 TIMES BEFORE U EVEN CAN MAKE A SECOND RUN ON THEM. soooo bad and booring now!!!! Please make the bombs come back quicker for the fighters and stukas. Bombers fair enough. They carry 10x the load so majes sense it takes longer... i really hope you will take a look at this soon!!! Coz now its more and more like cod.. its boring. Camping snipers everywhere complain bombers are op. Just take the spiitfire and shoot him down. Or make team work with AA Thats whats battlefield is allabout. Not camping some small hole with sniper the whole game.. please dice!!!!
  • GuezWhoo38
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also the minimap zoom is set on tank mode for stukas. Is not same with other planes.. if i wqnt more zoom for stuka. I need to change zoom on tanks. Its wrong i guess. Easy fix hopefully.. on ps4 other platforms i dont know..
  • GuezWhoo38
    The nerf of the 8x303 on spitfire was good .
    The nerf on bomber bombs was good .. and expected..
    But the rest you did to the planes. Reload times . just broke the fun of it completely .. no reason for it and i have no idea why you did that.. so sad...
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There'a a bug in the AA that you build on Fjell. It's similar to the tank gunner issue that I posted about earlier in this thread. The gun gets stuck to the left and you can't move it. It also causes pilots to whine about the lack of AA support, but there's not mich that DICE can do about that.
  • Private_Tom_7
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Before modifying TTK and TTD, I think that visibility should be improved. Anyway the visibility is bad. We do not need RTX.
  • huababeda
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The biggest issue in my opinion is the server balancing and the spawnpoints.

I dont know how often half of the team was standing there doing nothing, meanwhile the opposite team ruled the map. Sometime in one team you can only find new players, alone in a private squad and in the other team you have the 1000 hours BF-Veterans with teamspeak. I realise nothing can be done against people going AFK and a new player has (theoretically) the same chances as a veteran, but it cant be that hard to balance this out the next round? But unless you quit the game and find another server, hoping you are lucky and get one with balanced teams nothing will change.

The spawnpoints are a joke. You spawn kilometers away from your choosen point, often the next flag (or the enemy base) is closer that the one you wantet to go to! Sometimes you spawn not on the point you choose but somewhere completely different. Even better, you spawn directly in front of a whole squad of enemy players. Or a whole enemy tank spawns 5 meters in front of you, killing you of course.

The problem with the bullet sponging is still not solved, it only got worse. How can it be that when two player (in different teams, talking on teamspeak)), standing directly in front of each other, shooting at each other with the same kind and tier of weapons (start-rifle of the recon), one player needs 4 (!) hits to the chest to drop the opponent and the other player only needs 1 shot to the chest? Sometimes you need to dump 2 whole magazines into an enemy to kill them. And the next enemy kills you (100% Health) with one 1911-shot to the foot.

I realise its "realistic" that you can mow down whole platoons of infantry with a AA-cannon, but when 32 players need 200 tickets to destroy one vehicle to leave their own spawnpoint, just because there are 10 engineers standing behind that AA with their repair tools, nobody can tell me thats how its meant to be played. As soon as the AA drives of to rearm, the next tank shows up.

Now all cards on the table. No, i am not a very experienced BF5 player. No, i have not 3000 hours of ingame experience.
    And yes, most of my ingame-deaths are my own fault. I have the tendency to press the reload-button instead the one for the grenade.
    But i have played Battlefield since BF1942. None of all the BF-games since than was perfect. I still played them, because they were fun. I enjoyd playing them, getting better, learning the maps, the handling of the weapons,... .

And i am sorry to say, i dont enjoy BF5. Not because there are women in the game, not because origin requires me to turn of my antivirus to play the game, but because the balancing is absolutely horrendous.

I do think these problems can be solved. Until then, there is still BF 1, BF 4, BF 3,.... ;-)

PS: English is not my first language, so please forgive me my mistakes.
  • ez4u2hit
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    danmotoxx wrote: »
    "Players no longer get spotted on the mini-map after killing an enemy"

Awesome!! counting down the clock to go home from work and play!

Knew you'd like that one.

I am no good at Battlefield due to my arthritis making my fingers slow. The red dot was my only advantage...now that people don't die when you shoot them I really am sorry I preordered this incomplete social experiment
  • SixTouge
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it would be a good perk to allow medics to revive from prone position. Might encourage more revives in heavy fire situations if there is some level of self preservation possible.

I like the new TTD, even at the expense at the longer TTK, but the weapon ranges seem out of whack. At great distances a sniper rifle should provide a certain advantage, but it seems everything short of SMG's can be deadly very quickly at even those long range exchanges.
  • V_KURKIN_V
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. Make heavy tanks more armored. It's funny when a light tank kills a heavy one with 4 shots to the forehead with its 45 mm cannon. In reality, he would have just tickled him, but would not have caused significant damage. Increase their march speed and turret speed. Now the heavy tank does not fulfill its combat role. It is impossible to storm objectives. He is destroyed too quickly. Now it's a camper tool.
    2. Make the match result more interesting for players. Now the outcome of the battle is not important. All are fixated on their K / D. Double your points for the victory, as well as the execution of orders from the squad leader and for team actions. Or give battle money for winning the match. There is no incentive now and everyone is playing K/ D.
  • Bigsteel412
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I laugh when I hear people respond to good posts that address the TTK/TTD. My question? How much more skill is needed when I hit someone 2 times in head and torso, only to have their auto aim and an "updated TTK" , allow that person to drop me, before I get a 3rd shot on a moving target? Some folks will keep defending playing with the training wheels DICE has provided in this latest version of BF. In true HC you are hit and dropped when hit in the upper torso and head, not this, 'Oh, now I see you and can kill you after you have the drop on me." "Get your skill up?" More like dumbed down skill level allows for weaker players to have an advantage. IMO, Core is not much better, at this moment.
    Post edited by Bigsteel412 on
  • suntek
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now we got new bugs, base spawns are not available for spawn, respawn timer resetting after it counts down, dropping instantly dead (without downed state) from normal bullets without being mounted on vehicle/stationary... It goes on.
    Few funny bugs let over from bf1, but that's kinda not related to this patch.

A good year away from an actual release, I would rather wait for that..
  • Greensightgamer
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've played battlefield on the new TTK servers a lot lately and wanted to give you my personal opinion based on the experience i had while playing. Imo subtle TTK changes to individual weapons would have been more appropriate and better received by the community.

The cons of new TTK [Slow TTK]
    - Weapons and classes are now extremely unbalanced. The slow firing weapons have been affected the most. Less medics, means less revives and only leads to more frustrations.
    - It increases ammo attrition
    - Sniper buff - no real long range counter and has more time to line up shots
    - Competitive battlefield wont be as appealing with the slow TTK

The pros of new TTK
    - Accuracy is rewarded - Players that don't know how to burst or control recoil often don't land the fatal shot and a more skilled player would be able to capitalize. This somewhat increases the skill ceiling
    - More freedom to move around since bad positioning isn't as fatal, which promotes overall more movement and creates a better flow on certain maps
    - More interesting and prolonged gun fights that build up and get more intense as more players join in
    - Less health attrition because body multipliers have been reduced

The Cons of old TTK [Fast TTK]
    - Promotes camping - defensive peak meta because of the fear of being killed to quickly making gunfights less interesting
    - Aggressive play styles that sacrifice optimal positioning to get killstreaks are punished severely
    - Less emphasis on accuracy and weapon control since the first 3 or 4 bullets of a burst will kill the opponent
    - Increases health attrition

The pros of old TTK
    - Less ammo attrition
    - Easier to kill an opponent
    - Better weapon balance
    - Huge emphasis on positioning

Issues with player retention and main causes of frustrations
    - No Team switching - I've quit about a dozen games in order to play on a specific map as an attacker. Spending hours in the server browser and lobby doing so is really frustrating. I personally really dislike defending and quit almost every other game because of the slow pace, waiting for a team to attack that isn't going to is a dull gaming experience.
    - Match balancing issues - Uneven numbers in some games
    - TTD bug - Consistent 1 frame deaths from stationary mmg's
    - The removal of the most popular game mode of battlefield 1 - Operations
    - Bugged Assignments
    - Broken Grand operations - Impossible to reach Final stand on 2 out of 4 grand operations [has already been addressed]
    - Bugged and OP aim assist - The skill ceiling is touching the ground at the moment because everyone is accurate regardless of skill. Hip fire aim assist is one of the worse things I've seen in a fps.
    - Glass that is either bullet proof or wont smash when you try jumping through it, and being killed because of it.
    And many more that i cant think of right now. Hope this helps
  • this_is_noiice
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    anyone else chasing a refund after TTK changes?
  • mkdrfeelgood44
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've bee. Trying to play Core since the TTK update ruined the game, but there is soo much rubberbanding and lag that its unplayable. Im sure Dice will say that "our data shows that more players play with the new ttk rather than our core playlists ". When in reality its impossible to get into a good game of core.
  • mkdrfeelgood44
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    anyone else chasing a refund after TTK changes?

I absolutely am! However dice and ea will not help. Been after for a week now.
  • cfaulkner421
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Blind fire on tanks is great!
    Fortifications SHOULD NOT BE highlighted if already built. This is very frustrating.