Three Days of trying to get a missile kill for the tides of war

WineThirty
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
It took me a few hours to get the revives not being medic. Best Squad was first time(no idea how but I will take it! lol) kept having to repeat a lot of the goals. So for three days now I have launched missiles I have been in groups with launched missiles. I have been in groups where others have gotten the Tides Of War assignment completion. I stand without. I love the game and play it. I like to have goals but this is getting frigging ridiculous. Anyone else having issues with Tides of War assignments? I now want a mask that looks like crap and I wont wear!! lol

Do love the game. This bit sucks..

Comments

• smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same here... Dice should just award the helmet.......
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just got the buddy revive assignment to start working today finally. This week's assignments are bugged for a lot of us it seems.
  • Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think I can live without that helmet, it looks ridiculous :joy:

It looks like it has only counted that one kill I got with V1 as a squad leader, but not one of those many we got while I was a squad member. Maybe that's it?
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Last night one of my squad mates said he needed two kills with v1 rocket for one of the tides of war things (i personally haven't even payed attention to them) , we weren't sure how it worked, its says get two kills with it as a squad(so not necessarily as squad leader). Anyway, i was squad leader and fired one and it got exactly two kills and it didn't work for him.
    Didn't do anything for me either.
  • Xx_ZeeDeveel_xX
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Worked for me and my 3 mates only as a squad leader
  • Cannon-dale10
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tough assignment. Last one left but helmet is kinda lame. Still be nice if they didn't put a time limit on it. Not a fan.
  • Kagg
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not even able to unlock it. Killed 8 people with my last rocket and it gave me nothing. Been trying for days now but it just dosen't count the rocket kills.
    Litterally every part of this game is a broken, buggy mess.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I used the Tides of War assignment page to join a match, but the first assignment wasn't working there. Then, I left the server and joined a CQ match from the server browser ... then my assignments started working. This was apparently the exact opposite experience of many people on this forum and the BFV subreddit ... gotta love DICE, eh?

People also insisted that you could only finish the last assignment on CQ, but I played a Grand Operations match in Rotterdam, and managed to get a four-man-kill with the V1 rocket that counted for my assignment. In that match, I had someone called 'Relaa_01' on my squad, and I first thought that it was just some Relaa fan's account, but the guy ended up going 105-30 for the whole operation. The number of deaths was a little too high to be Relaa, in my opinion, but the number of kills he got seriously made me wonder if it was the real Relaa. The sad part is that we lost all three days of the operation anyways ... if that was the real Relaa, even he wasn't enough to win!

Anyways, I now have that silly German helmet, which I have given to my Recon class since I find that class to be borderline useless in this game ... he may as well have a helmet that blocks his vision.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When you start a game check your assignments, if your current ToW task is there it will unlock, if not you'll have to quit and restart.
  • springounet
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same for me member or squad leader the helmet not unlock.
    bugy game as ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • wiazabi
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can confirm as LeCharybdis says to tjeck assignments right after you join a match as they seem to bug out at times and even show a previous task already completed, quit rejoin until it shows the correct one.
  • Finrod_Fierceaxe
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've gotten the kills several times now. Both in the squad and as the squad leader.

But it doesn't give me credit. Going to open a ticket on it today.
  • Tupp94
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Can someone help me get the kill two people with v1 rocket assignment at all its a struggle at the moment
  • The_Ska_Man
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same problem, no credit for kills. Annoying...
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    after over half a week of the reenforcement gitches of not being able to send rockets and atleast 5 games of getting two to 4 kills i finally got my registered kills in two games.... 3rd game I got 9 kills two tanks 🙄🙄... This is one heck of a trolling challenge ive ever seen...
  • Wikstone
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Spended days with last one, not working.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It worked for me when I was the squad leader and launched the V1. Never worked being part of a squad that got the V1 kills though. It's either worded incorrectly, or bugged.
  • Kozer213
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mine refuses to work. Doesn’t work at all no matter what. The helmet is dumb looking but I’d still like to have it. But leave it to dice to release a buggy progression system and be unable to fix it in a weeks time.
  • -Eagleye68
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same here, multiple strikes as squad leader on different servers and it wont count. I hope this dosent occur on other weeks when a weapon is on the line....
  • Wikstone
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Starting to get mad, now i get black screen when trying to point spot.