Sniping In Battlefield V

Comments

• mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @OP I agree with most of what you said but disagree about the sweet spot mechanic and the diversity of SR drops.

I also think players should have the option of using bolt actions with iron sights like you see in WWII films and like soldiers did irl

DICE need to remove scope glint and change SR damage because right now they can’t compete at mid range which is why people have to stay far far away, which is causing all the discontent about snipers camping

the snipers with the highest damage should be OHK to the torso and head at ranges <75m, the mid damage recon weapons should be OHK to the chest and head at <75m and the semi-auto ones should be two shot kill anywhere but the head which is a OHK.
    At ranges 75m+ damage the high and mid damage become OHK to chest and head.
    At 150m+ mid damage snipers become OHK to head only whilst high damage snipers still OHK to the chest

I think his would be a fair compromise
  • creepNpeep
    778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    @OP I agree with most of what you said but disagree about the sweet spot mechanic and the diversity of SR drops.

I also think players should have the option of using bolt actions with iron sights like you see in WWII films and like soldiers did irl

DICE need to remove scope glint and change SR damage because right now they can’t compete at mid range which is why people have to stay far far away, which is causing all the discontent about snipers camping

the snipers with the highest damage should be OHK to the torso and head at ranges <75m, the mid damage recon weapons should be OHK to the chest and head at <75m and the semi-auto ones should be two shot kill anywhere but the head which is a OHK.
    At ranges 75m+ damage the high and mid damage become OHK to chest and head.
    At 150m+ mid damage snipers become OHK to head only whilst high damage snipers still OHK to the chest

I think his would be a fair compromise

As someone who only plays aggressive recon and hardcore, I’d be happy with that.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Guys, i din't own BF 5. Is truth that snipers can't OHK on hardcore but the shotgun with underbarrel sniper can???
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Guys, i din't own BF 5. Is truth that snipers can't OHK on hardcore but the shotgun with underbarrel sniper can???

No, that is not true. Drilling and bolt actions require a headshot but both ohko
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    On Rotterdam last night I spawned on the team spawn facing the "A" flag..I peeked round the corner to see if the coast was clear..while peeking the rail bridge on top of "A" lit up like Christmas tree lights pointing at my direction.. before I had a chance to react one of then lights blew my head off.. I thought to myself... WoW, how good are them guys.. that's pure skill !!
  • BATTL3FI3LDBULLY
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bluto898 wrote: »
    *NOTICE* If you aren't going read the whole arguement DO NOT COMMENT on it. This is a constructive discussion about sniping in Battlefield V NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR IGNORANT OPINION THAT SNIPERS SHOULD NOT EXIST IN BATTLEFIELD.

First, off all I have to say is WTF BATTLEFIELD!!?? Who was the moron in charge of sniping mechanics this year?

Why would anyone respect your loooooooooooong post after that type of intro?

You played yourself 🤡🤡🤡.

• -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dral13 wrote: »

No, that is not true. Drilling and bolt actions require a headshot but both ohko

On hardcore??? If yes, then this is the first bf game where not even on HC snipers are viable...
  • Beat_Mangler80
    549 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you can corner the children's market you can have ALL the money, who cares if your product loses its identity in the process, money men don't care.
  • Huntbang
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Frankly recon keeps hardcore mmg campers like myself in check.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    Huntbang wrote: »

But do OHK on hardcore?
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

On hardcore??? If yes, then this is the first bf game where not even on HC snipers are viable...

There is no hardcore, if you are looking for 1 hit body shot kills this is not that game. If you can aim and hit the head sniping is very strong especially with the new TTK.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And in my experience a large number of players can deliver those shots on a regular basis, I get headshots from snipers while sprinting over rough ground all the time. So this fairy tale about how bad the poor Recons have it now really makes me laugh. I'm a lousy sniper, but I seem to be able to get headshots at least on opponents who stop moving for a bit, so if I can do it, anyone can.
  • Dral13

And in my experience a large number of players can deliver those shots on a regular basis, I get headshots from snipers while sprinting over rough ground all the time. So this fairy tale about how bad the poor Recons have it now really makes me laugh. I'm a lousy sniper, but I seem to be able to get headshots at least on opponents who stop moving for a bit, so if I can do it, anyone can.

I like sniping in this one better than 1, my only gripe is bullet velocity is super low which seems random. BF4 had similar sniping but much higher bullet velocity.
  • Austacker
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Huntbang wrote: »

Camping is a fairly negative term to use here. MMGs are used to lock down and defend a position. They can be used aggressively and to spearhead an attack, but given the mechanical implementation of the class / weapon design, they have a strong tendency to shine in support / defensive roles.

A camper is simply someone who's not contributing to the overall engagement, just KD farming.

There is a real difference there and I'd like to see more appreciation for it in the community.

In a game that's all about the zerg/flank core 'tactical' game, having the option to build and defend captured positions adds some tactical spice to what is otherwise a fairly mind numbing and tactically boring gameplay experience.
  • jedcebkc
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah. sniping in BF5 is for the players who won't play the game long or don't have a desire to be good at it, but just want to see how good they can be at only sniping. They score little, kill little, assist little.

probably the least thought out comment i've seen about this game. any version of it tbh.
  • Ow_My_Bawlz
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Number of snipers needs to be limited to a few per team. This game is just getting stupid. 80% of my deaths are 1 hit sniper kills. They seem to be able to see me behind any cover and know my location without me even firing a shot. This game is becoming just a large server Call of Duty clone.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, Recon in BFV is probably the worst class overall.

1. Weapon damage is too low, but I understand that they had to do it to "balance" out attrition, because theoretically there are more injured players at any given time than in previous Battlefields, and giving Bolt Actions 90 damage would create too many One Hit Kill scenarios.
    2. Self Loading Rifles should be OHK with headshots within, say 15m. It makes no sense to give them basically the same capability of Two Shot Kills with headshots as Assault Semi-Auto Rifles when they have a slower rate of fire, smaller capacity, and more recoil.
    3. Muzzle velocity is way too low. I don't have the exact numbers, but the rifles average around 700m/s, while Assault have a weapon capable of 800m/s+.
    4. With the removal of spotting should have come the removal of scope glint, at the very least from 3x scopes. It's unfair that you can use an underpowered SLR with a 3x scope and light up like a beacon, while Assault gets 3x scopes on even BETTER rifles, but they're invisible.
    5. Spotting Flare got a severe and unwarranted nerf from BF1. It's now totally unusable indoors, and lasts half as long. The Spawn Beacon also got a massive nerf from BF4, it's now limited to 5 spawns.
    6. Insanely fast TTK in conjunction with a total lack of real close range weapons severely limits the Recon's usefulness for proper PTFO, the only thing to do is use underpowered SLRs.
    7. No more high magnification scopes from previous games. If you can't use a sniper at close range and you can't use it at long range, how are you supposed to play, medium range in the exact place where you're outgunned by the top 2 most used classes?
    8. Weapon specializations that give 60% movement speed while ADSing in conjunction with specializations that give improved accuracy while moving makes other classes extra deadly and even harder to hit.
    9. Manual healing makes some encounters inconsistent, especially again Medics, because it can take up to 3 bolt action hits to the body to down a player, and 3-4 SLR hits.

Basically the ONLY thing that DICE did that inadvertently benefited the Recon was to remove Suppression and flinch, which was honestly a kind of bad move. You get the drop on a Recon player, manage to score a few hits and they still have perfect accuracy to headshot you. Not really fair. Flinch needs to comeback, along with increased scope sway, but keep random bullet deviation out.
  • RealAshWilliams
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In fact, in bf1 people are used to with sniping easy.
  • Stoormfur
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this yet but the reason you are not allowed to finish off a downed solder able to be revived is because it is a war crime.

Also I personally love sniping in battlefield V but it don't camp in one spot I usually will wind around and pick off campers along with flank the objective so I'm still useful towards my team and not just camping way off in the distance.

At the moment my favorite map is the rush version of broken steel (if I'm correct that's the name) because of the massive amount of people who camp.
  • crusam7
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My only problem with sniper bfv is the looow switch weapon is not fair at all is already very hard to play objectives vs assault and other classe and with this loooong switch weapon it just impossible. I hate camping but bfv force that so i stoped to play i no want a sniper like bf1 but something possible for skilled player that they want play objectives and help team. for me BF3 was the best in term of balance recon classe, skilled and fun.