Grenades and they pointless existence!

keithneilson3012
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
There are a ton of things I could be critical about with the game. I can be positive too having said that, but can't help but feel more critical than the other.

Being specific, one issue to raise is grenades and their complete lack of purpose.

1: They take way too long to go off and therefore never really kill anyone. Long gone is the opportunity to reclaim the life taken by someone who managed to kill you first, yet leaving them a parting gift of a grenade, thrown just before death. This would equal out the kill.

2: Cooking grenades.... Not only do they take an age to go off, like BF6 is going to launch with my grenades thrown in BF5! But you can't control them. They are completely ineffective and in reality, a grenade should be more powerful and effective.

3: you can throw them a little too far IMO.

DICE ,please fix this. There are some things that have really gone backwards.

Comments

• RaNdOmKils666
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    It's better then having the 1s fuse instant death grenades from BF1. If you want a grenade that deals guaranteed damage if you hit near the target without giving them a chance to escape unscathed, use impact nades, nade launcher or the fire grenade.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    549 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The fuses on grenades are shocking, really ridiculous. Tank nades take ten seconds and cooking them doesn't work.
    Lots of things like that piled on top of each other make for a poor gaming experience.
    Guess who isn't pre-ordering the next Battlefield game - EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD.
  • Huntbang
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    God I remember battlefield 1 argonne forest. Literally just people spamming explosives the entire match. Glad explosives arent a problem anymore. They took zero skill
  • baroncrovax
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Probably worth reminding you that you can shoot the grenades in this game if you want a 'shorter' fuse.
  • keithneilson3012
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Probably worth reminding you that you can shoot the grenades in this game if you want a 'shorter' fuse.

Whilst shooting them is cool, that's not a compromise is it. By nature a grenade has a fuse and is designed to go off after a pre-defined amount of time. That time is too long, regardless of being able to shoot them. It's a design flaw that should be fixed.
  • keithneilson3012
    Well the smoke grenades are more useful than ever before, and incendiary is good at stopping enemy revives.

Agreed with that completely. I should have been more specific in the regular hand grenade.

• ackers75
    2637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep throw a grenade and the enemy has time to go have a shower and sink a few pints before it’s even gone off
  • Trokey66
    8799 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Are you all forgetting this?

Shorten the fuse and this becomes pointless.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    edited December 2018
    They blow up on impact when thrown at vehicles.
    I never knew that and they were my staple 2nd gadget in BF1 :open_mouth:
    The normal fuse is still way too long here, they can't be used effectively in soldier combat at all. I don't think they should only be for tanks, other things don't seem to be restricted like that, like why not have the ability to blow up a plane with a tank nade?
  • Beat_Mangler80
    Well the smoke grenades are more useful than ever before, and incendiary is good at stopping enemy revives.

I've always found getting kills with incendiaries strangely satisfying.
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The incendiary grenades shouldn't stick to walls etc. There seems to be strange physics as well when it comes to bouncing off things in general.
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The sticky grenades suck too. They want to stick to everything except the target.
    If you aren't completely clear of anything from boxes to vehicles when it's tossed, the sticky grenade will travel sideways like a magnet and stick to whatever is close to you.
  • Lykosia
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Smoke is the most usefull grenade in this game because of the fast TTK and how poorly most maps are designed for that. Only Devastation and Arras have enough cover to be able to go from cover to cover. Too bad only two classes have smoke. Don't get what DICE was thinking with that.
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I've always found getting kills with incendiaries strangely satisfying.

Yep me to, but i honestly think the damage should be upped from the burning.
  • DominicO65
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If someone killed you 1st, you don't deserve to kill them with some post-mortem, no skill grenade.

Grenades in BFV are mostly to be used tactically, not to simply net you free kills because you can't be bothered to engage in a proper gun fight. Use smoke to close the distance on an MMG or sniper user; use incindiary to stop a revive or force the enemy out of cover; use impact to weaken enemies or finish off weak enemies (never liked impact), or use frags if you're skilled enough to shoot them for a quick kill.

I really love not dying to random grenades unlike BF1. Maps like Metro, Locker and Fort de Vaux might actually play well in BFV thanks to this long overdue change. I'm just praying DICE doesn't revert grenades back to BF1 levels to appease new players 😒
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are a ton of things I could be critical about with the game. I can be positive too having said that, but can't help but feel more critical than the other.

Being specific, one issue to raise is grenades and their complete lack of purpose.

1: They take way too long to go off and therefore never really kill anyone. Long gone is the opportunity to reclaim the life taken by someone who managed to kill you first, yet leaving them a parting gift of a grenade, thrown just before death. This would equal out the kill.

2: Cooking grenades.... Not only do they take an age to go off, like BF6 is going to launch with my grenades thrown in BF5! But you can't control them. They are completely ineffective and in reality, a grenade should be more powerful and effective.

3: you can throw them a little too far IMO.

DICE ,please fix this. There are some things that have really gone backwards.

Let's not forget the secondary weapons feel like my sons nerf guns.
    Bf1 pistols were reliable and deadly.
  • Hawxxeye
    6896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For me the 2 best thrown items are the smoke grenades and the incendiaries.
    The great thing about the incendiary is that it can cause panic to the enemy. Also if you throw the incendiary on top of a tank with a gunner, it will burn the gunner.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm loving the fact smoke grenades are actually useful and a great tactic for assaulting a position