Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture – Tips for the Week 2 Challenges

Comments

• AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, I can't move on past the first part of week two either. :-(
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm stuck on the damn revive 6 squad members as any class but a medic and I finished that crap already, DICE can't even get assignments right just a bunch of amateurs now damn.
  • madmax926
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Any good tips for actually completing the last one? When I was a squad leader and got a kill with a JB1, it counted towards the assignment. But as just a member of the squad, I have accumulated 7 more kills and yet the assignment is still incomplete. Is the assignment designed so the whole squad has to work together to get the reinforcement and then only the leader gets anything for it? Because that the way it has been for me so far, and basically says "sucks for you not being the leader"
  • Roguetrooper2
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh
    184 POSTS MEMBER BF3BF4BF1 December 15, 2018 12:29AM
    Having trouble on the last one myself. Had a few rockets with kills for squad but no achievement ding sadly.

im having the same trouble 3 days now different squads using v1 or jb getting 2 or more kills as a squad and still got no reward what is dice doing about it ???
  • Kagg
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Too bad you can't unlock the reward for week two as it's impossible to get counts for the V2 kills and half of the time you can't even get them to fire at all becuase they are bugged.
    Come on Dice, this crap is embarrassing.
  • V_Marine1408
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    good idea but after several tries it wont count so screw this!
  • Zkyrus
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I did "Look Up", my leader got like 7 kills with JB1 but assignment did not count.
  • asadqureshy
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone know if the V1 assignment will work in core conquest? Sick of playing the other mode where squads leaders wont call in a rocket let alone work together
  • SASkievua
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE, pls fix Look Up challenge!
    Many times my squad leader launched rocket with many kills in result, but I have no progression in this challenge at all.
  • mireksc
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dear Dice / EA ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you sell the game for 60euro, then it's reduced by 50%, so you shuffled my ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ in 14 days, then send the missions that are one big bug and you scraped my ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ with me again, for super games to play, 3 days to go in the jar as a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and try to accomplish something that can not be done, I hope that the game will die and all the dice will go to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Cizar39
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We need credit for the Look Up challenge. I've done it several times now this week with no credit. I'd ike the helmet. It's the reason why I do these things to begin with and there's been no dialogue from DICE when it comes to any fix.
  • l-NwL-l-DK
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    In the last 2 rounds I was in a good squad, I was able to call a V1 rocket and got 4 kills as Squad Leader, but then I pressed 'Escape' I saw that the ToW tracking was bugged and was showing the first stage, the '6 Buddy Revive' one.

In the next game another guy was the squad leader and called in a JB2, and he got 2 kills, and it didn't register either for him or for me or anyone in the squad.

My takeaway? DICE is done, they have released a SUPER broken game amidst huge controversies, every update they release breaks more things than fixing them, the tracking of Assignments and ToW is so damn bugged, and there are SO many quality of life improvements needed to the game as currently it is completely not a fun experience in terms of little bugs and that crappy UI.

I am REALLY pissed of with this game, specially since the TTK stunt they pulled for new holiday season players, and the 50% sale stunt they pulled off last week!

FIX THE GAME DICE, then maybe players, veterans and new ones alike, will sick around...
  • yakisoba21
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So if I cant complete the ratburner hat quest, because bugged, there is not a 2nd chance to ever get it again?
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me it worked with the first V2 on conquest core but I was the squad leader. If the sight is bugged just switch weapons and try again.

Still it looks like if things are not counting that round the tracking is bugged for you and you need to leave the game and join another one. Just had this with the win all Grand Operations but one. It counted one and when I joined back later and won two rounds they weren't counted. So annoying since I don't like GO and it takes long and depends so much on the whole team....
  • GeraltRUS
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey guys, anyone having trouble with "Look Up: As a squad, kill two enemies with JB-2 or V-1 Reinforcements." ?

I did it twice already, but just can't get reward :( It's a glitch, DICE please help, it's happening on PS4 Pro
  • Carnaguejo
    4 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    ye I kinda gave up on the "look up" chalenge after doing it and not registering as done, after some days. It's a silly looking helmet but I wanted to get it as others were able to do (maybe it worked on the 1st day). Sad that others are stuck on the "revive 6 teamates" in a class other than medic. The worst part of this is that it's a timed event and the holidays are here so the devs (that also have a family life ofc) won't be able to fix this in time. Maybe we get another shot at this. I'll just go and wait for the miracle of the season to come to bfv. :(
  • grrlpurple
    841 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When I join a game I look at the current assignment tracking. Most servers show the first challenge to buddy revive as being not done, though I have finally reached the last challenge. Every now and then I find a server that shows the incomplete V1 challenge but it is rare and I have to quit game after game to find it being tracked. Sadly when I have found it tracking I have been in a terrible squad.

Shouldn't the assignments track on every server? How was something so intrinsic to tides of war progression missed like this?
  • fractalizer_exe
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE, FIX THE JB-2 or V-1 tracking!!!! I am really, really pi**d off right now!
  • UMPhreak
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I also am pissed off that the last challenge "Look Up" is bugged for me as well. Have completed it multiple times as squad leader, and not as squad leader but it doesn't matter. I expect to be getting this. Dice Please. Get it together.
  • hr1s93
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ive played 10 games till i find a squad leader that knows how to call the V1. Then he killed 4 enemies with it and my assignment wasnt fulfilled. I want my ratburner...