Battlefield V Letter to the Community - TTK Changes Reverting Tomorrow

Comments

• Natetendo83
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Narfiam wrote: »
    We did it!!!!! I am glad they actually listened to the people who care about their game... Hardcore battlefield fans. Splitting the community up with different game modes was a horrible decision and I am glad it is not happening now. TTK 1.0 feels balanced with the attrition system and it flows nicely. For the new players that will be playing BFV soon... Learn to take cover under fire, know where most enemies are coming from and be use your map for your own awareness, know when to back out of a fight you cannot win, check your corners when moving around the map, etc. It takes time to get good at Battlefield but when you do, you will love it!!!!

I am ready for Christmas noob hunting though. I will not give you a break and you are about to learn the hard way. Lol

How I cover from enemy fire if I die before having the possibility of taking cover? This is one of the things which the TTK 2.0 was nice for me and TTK 1.0 is bad, in TTK 2.0 I could react to enemy fire.

The bigger issue at play is the TTD and the server not notifying you of taking damage when you first take it. Changing the TTK was putting a band-aide on a severed limb.
  • TehPik
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    thx and respect
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We did it!!!!! I am glad they actually listened to the people who care about their game... Hardcore battlefield fans. Splitting the community up with different game modes was a horrible decision and I am glad it is not happening now. TTK 1.0 feels balanced with the attrition system and it flows nicely. For the new players that will be playing BFV soon... Learn to take cover under fire, know where most enemies are coming from and be use your map for your own awareness, know when to back out of a fight you cannot win, check your corners when moving around the map, etc. It takes time to get good at Battlefield but when you do, you will love it!!!!

I am ready for Christmas noob hunting though. I will not give you a break and you are about to learn the hard way. Lol

How I cover from enemy fire if I die before having the possibility of taking cover? This is one of the things which the TTK 2.0 was nice for me and TTK 1.0 is bad, in TTK 2.0 I could react to enemy fire.

The bigger issue at play is the TTD and the server not notifying you of taking damage when you first take it. Changing the TTK was putting a band-aide on a severed limb.

A dirty band aid, at that, as you were still sometimes getting one framed by 5-14 bads using trash guns that from your perspective shot marshmallows.
  • 3DArtist
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    we took it upon ourselves to make those changes based on extensive data and deliberation. It truthfully wasn’t an easy decision for us.

Let me give you an advise, next time just listen to your community & follow their voice. This is by far the easiest "decision" for you.

Personally I`ve just deleted this game, because I`ve lost my faith in you DICE and I`m an old Vet player.
    I`m fed up with your bold arrogance! With pain in my heart - I see this game never to be completed, as there are no plans for Great Battles in your life service roadmap.
    And you are falsly trying to convince people that this Life Service is replacement of season pass. NO!
    What you have done is ripped out full parts of the game and trying to sell it as DLC. Which I see as, unacceptable.
    I see this game die the same way Star Wars Battlefront 2 did. It had alot of promises, but they where never fullfilled.
    BF3 was by far the best game you`ve made. Please, next time tell the suits at EA to go and ... themself, take your time (like 4 years), go to the drawing board and develope a trully complete game, that doesn`t feel as a reskin of Star Wars BF2, which is a reskin of BF1, which is a reskin of Star Wars BF1.
    BFV is a game with alot of potentional and interesting mechanics in it, but you`ve murdered it with you arrogant, dumb, political decissions.

P.S. Please, ship the game when it`s ready, next time (it`s not an Early Acces & you are not an Indie studio) and keep the politics out of your games next time.
    If I want to see it, then I just can turn on the TV, to see this cr*p floating into my mind.
    Peace out & Good luck

Merry Christmas & Awesome New year to everyone!
    3DArtist
    Post edited by 3DArtist on
  • Domeej
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nice!
  • GG_Potato_Aim
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Good question my man. Know the maps really well and make sure you are close to cover if you need it. When I run around I make sure I am close to cover whether it is a wall, sandbag, tree, hill, building, etc. It's just common sense really. Learn when you shouldn't run into the open field to get to the other side when there is crossfire in your path or maybe a tank in the distance looking your direction. If you stay away from the danger and get good at being close to cover, you will greatly improved in Battlefield V.
  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Omg... a few hundred core players, crying on YouTube and forums actually forced DICE to make changes for thousands. How hard is it to just add a simple poll ingame. That would settle this once and for all… I loved TTK 2.0.

don't worry, they'll probably change it again in a day or two because dice.
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

OK, but a band-aide is better than nothing. If they want to put TTK 2.0 again OK, but fix TTD first, it's a nonsense removing the band-aide and let the severed limb bleed even more again...

Good question my man. Know the maps really well and make sure you are close to cover if you need it. When I run around I make sure I am close to cover whether it is a wall, sandbag, tree, hill, building, etc. It's just common sense really. Learn when you shouldn't run into the open field to get to the other side when there is crossfire in your path or maybe a tank in the distance looking your direction. If you stay away from the danger and get good at being close to cover, you will greatly improved in Battlefield V.
    I'm always near a cover, in fact my style of gameplay is cautious not twitchy, but I died a lot anyway in TTK 1.0 for not having enough time to react, or maybe you are saying I must hug a wall or the sandbag for not being killed?In that case, that's so boring.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Calling it now. This game will be dead in 6 months. Most likely will die when Anthem launches( I played the alpha and its amazing). The common sense solution was to have two separate playlists as they had actually decided to do, now another knee jerk reaction.

Is Anthem even a real direct competitor to BF? I was a big Destiny player and never saw BF as something it was competing with.
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Calling it now. This game will be dead in 6 months. Most likely will die when Anthem launches( I played the alpha and its amazing). The common sense solution was to have two separate playlists as they had actually decided to do, now another knee jerk reaction.

Is Anthem even a real direct competitor to BF? I was a big Destiny player and never saw BF as something it was competing with.

No, although it might have been with the MMORPG slow TTK model that was 2.0
  • WrathOfTheRipper
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its about time they change it back to what it should be. Thank God
  • Natetendo83
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No, if anything Anthem competes with Destiny. Again, that's "if anything."
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is this giving any of the Brit players here a weird parallel to Brexit?
  • ackers75
    2328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Am glad you seem to understand what’s going on.

Bravo dear sir.

It seems dice may have to fix the netcode after all
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    Is this giving any of the Brit players here a weird parallel to Brexit?

at least someone actually voted for that. Only polls we had on this have been like 70% in favour of 1.0
  • ackers75
    2328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good because having to put bullet after bullet into a player then dying in one bullet gets kinda tiresome real quick
  • EVOPI
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you DICE for bringing old TTK back!!! Now we can all have a happy holidays!
  • realMartiniHenry
    152 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Omg... a few hundred core players, crying on YouTube and forums actually forced DICE to make changes for thousands. How hard is it to just add a simple poll ingame. That would settle this once and for all… I loved TTK 2.0.

Its rather the other side around. You and 10-40 battlefield 1 fanboys cried loud enough to make dice consider to change what everybody except you 40 people like.With ridiculous posts like this here:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/170559/the-core-community-loud-minority#latest

where you suddenly out of nowhere claimed that you are talking for the millions of silent gamer who have no voice and dont show up on the forum, but could never explain to us how you know what the silent gamers want, when they are silent and dont show up on the forum to voice any opinion.
  • danosta
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Assault weapons, support weapons and non recon slrs all need a nerf!!! Im not asking for a 1 more bullet to kill. They need more bullet drag and drop at longer ranges so they arent the lazers they are now.