Scope Glint ? on 3 x or 6 x Scope or ALL Scopes

Rainsborough1972
28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I have probably missed this somewhere but does anyone know ......

Is there scope glint on 3 x Scope or is it just 6x scope and above?

or is it on all Sniper scopes?

thanks

Comments

• frosland
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good question. I really want to know this too. 6x is for sure (looks like a damn flashlight). Not sure about the 3x, but i swear i get more attention from enemies when i use 6x then I get when using 3x.
  • Dean22_uk
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah the glint is like a lighthouse on some scopes. Mostly on 6x
  • riptide8
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm curious to know if you get it while using the spotting scope
  • s1sscottishlobo
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If there is glint on the sniper rifles is there also glint from the x3 on the assault? And also the support lmgs?Should be across the board imo.
  • Rainsborough1972
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DID we ever find out if 3 x Scope on the Recon has Scope Glint?

If so why isn't it the same on all other 3 x scopes on the other classes?
  • Beukiiie
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

because recon has a significant advantage on longer ranges, thats why they lit up
  • creepNpeep
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

because recon has a significant advantage on longer ranges, thats why they lit up
    Not with the current weapon damage and performance models, they don’t!

Regarding glint, ALL recon scopes have glint as far as I’m aware and it stinks.

Other classes use the same scopes and have NO glint!
  • DaHuntzMenJr
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have probably missed this somewhere but does anyone know ......

Is there scope glint on 3 x Scope or is it just 6x scope and above?

or is it on all Sniper scopes?

thanks

The scope glint is only for 6x scopes from what I been told.
  • creepNpeep
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pretty sure it’s all recon scopes that have glint.

Another confirms it here..

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/166589/bfv-recon-scope-glint-video-footage-for-reference
  • DaHuntzMenJr
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    creepNpeep wrote: »
    Pretty sure it’s all recon scopes that have glint.

Another confirms it here..

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/166589/bfv-recon-scope-glint-video-footage-for-reference

Recon isn't the only class with 3x scopes but they are the only class with the glint.
  • nocty1120
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recon Glint: 3x and 6x
    All other classes 3x: No Glint
  • nocty1120
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That's ridiculous
  • filthmcnasty
    689 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    frosland wrote: »
    Good question. I really want to know this too. 6x is for sure (looks like a damn flashlight). Not sure about the 3x, but i swear i get more attention from enemies when i use 6x then I get when using 3x.

When using the ×3on my Lewis gun I get no attention UNTIL I start firing, so there must be no glare
  • The_BERG_366
    2529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    there is glare on 3x and 6x for the sniper. there is however no glint on any other classes. drunkzz mentioned on twitter that they will look into adjusting it in an upcoming patch so that 3x no longer produces glint on snipers. (either drunkzz or it was in one of the weekly letters to the community... not sure)
    Post edited by The_BERG_366 on
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    there is glare on 3x and 6x for the sniper. there is however no glint on any other classes. drunkzz mentioned on twitter that they will look into adjusted it in an upcoming patch so that 3x no longer produces glint on snipers. (either drunkzz or it was in one of the weakly letters to the community... not sure)

I think a better solution is to remove 3x scopes for all classes except for Recon. The range for Assault and Support is too far.
  • Aguilas1916
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I was wondering the same. Kinda figured it only applies to Recon
  • S_Markt
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

because snipers have onehit easymode. all other classes do not have this so you can escape after a first hit. you cannot escape a onehitwondereasymodekill

• S_Markt
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BigWyrm wrote: »
    there is glare on 3x and 6x for the sniper. there is however no glint on any other classes. drunkzz mentioned on twitter that they will look into adjusted it in an upcoming patch so that 3x no longer produces glint on snipers. (either drunkzz or it was in one of the weakly letters to the community... not sure)

I think a better solution is to remove 3x scopes for all classes except for Recon. The range for Assault and Support is too far.

i think a better solution is to let it as it is because all other classes shall have at least a little chance to counter snipers.
  • CosmicStriker
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2x does not have glint , they say , it was commented about in one of the expert help videos. (jackfrag i think)