Bring Back The Premium Pass - We need guaranteed maps and content

Comments

• therealzyzygy
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Season passes, annual passes, DLC passes...whatever you call them, the 'cool' videogame journalists have declared that they are 'uncool'. I was never convinced of this. The positive side of the pass is guaranteed content, like a contract between you and the publisher. I was never confident of BF5's content because of this, especially after how Star Wars Battlefront 2 turned out. Without a season pass, it is all too easy for a publisher to walk away from a troubled game. It is too late for BF5 to get one, I guess.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Season passes, annual passes, DLC passes...whatever you call them, the 'cool' videogame journalists have declared that they are 'uncool'. I was never convinced of this. The positive side of the pass is guaranteed content, like a contract between you and the publisher. I was never confident of BF5's content because of this, especially after how Star Wars Battlefront 2 turned out. Without a season pass, it is all too easy for a publisher to walk away from a troubled game. It is too late for BF5 to get one, I guess.

Maybe, but who knows. Maybe DICE will start to get a bit radical to save not just BFV, but the franchise itself. The TTK revert is surprising in a good way. Maybe they’ll introduce a “season pass lite” or something surprising (all maps must always be playable by everyone, that is the simple key to doing a SP withhout splitting the player base).
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Premium has always boosted the quality of battlefield games for quite sometime...

Wow lol thanks for the laugh

You smokin on something? Look at bf4 and bf1. Hardline was crappy in the beginning, a hated titled. It's not a bad game now... But all battlefield games were great because of the extra income dice received. If BFV is a free and live service with sales being low.. we might get a Swbf2 repeat after they get the dev team down to 3 game designer's. Swbf2 has been out for quite some time... We have barely got anything for the game.. and I wouldn't doubt it if dice starts scrapping new ideas like Titan mode that's made their list of new modes to be revived within the franchise
  • phr91
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    they just have to release more maps, but if they'll come in 3 months it'll be too late, many players will have left then because its getting booring quickly.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like until the game has went through the tides of war more then I really think saying you want something that was a hugeeeee problem with previous titles is a bit hasty. Yeah I think they need to focus on more maps and I mean like 5-8 in the next chapter at least. I mean live service can be slow in the beginning but will get smoother hopefully as time rolls on. They did pretty good with bf1 near the end that is why I had high hopes for this. I felt like bf1 right before bf5 was announced kinda tested the waters.
  • azelenkin0306
    556 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You always get for what you’ve paid for. First 6 months of Tides of War is not a free content - you’ve already paid for it.

Taking into account that even paid content was bad in the end of BF1 lifecycle (Apocalypse DLC with no Operations and pointless Air Assault mode), I don’t have high hopes for this Live Service.

They could have done it very easy - keep the Premium, make maps free and keep some stuff as Premium (priority queue, early access, weapon skins and etc).

But they decided to make a cheap trick by promising everything for free. It worked in short term, but will it work in the long term?
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm betting the majority of people who don't want to pay for premium for whatever reason are not suddenly going to fork out money for cosmetics and lots of people who were happy to pay for premium - for maps, guns etc, will also not pay the equivalent money just for cosmetics, so i can't for the life of me see how BFV life service model is going to be anything other than a big let down. The splitting the community argument is lame - as long as there are enough people to populate severs who cares - game modes split the community up, and the people who don't like Premium are mostly those who basically want something for nothing, and the world doesn't work that way

They should have just kept the premium. $30 would have been a good price. $50 just seemed too high for many.. I do remember at the world reveal that dice said they always wanted to go back to WW2, and made it seem like it was an honor. Maybe dice will honor their commitment to BFV reguardless of sales. After firestorm we shall see where things go. If any haven't noticed there's a second page to the BFV road map already laid out... Could be all maps and the Americans and Soviet factions being added. Which means more of everything... And the ttk changes right now are probably for firestorm balance. Players should probably choose alittle wiser..
  • spychodelics
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pls dont bring EA the idea to scam us again.
  • smokintom214
    Pls dont bring EA the idea to scam us again.

Scam us how? Bf1 is as great as it is because of premium.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is it too late for them to introduce it now though?

Is it actually possible to buy anything in the shop for this game yet? All I can see is a deluxe upgrade which doesn't seem worth it.
  • StormSaxon
    652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Problem with premium.
    And I was premium on BF4 and 1.
    Is that you upgrade get poor maps that make you feel like it wasn’t worth it.
    And eventually so many others have premium that you still don’t get to queue jump...

At least if the poor maps are free I’m not out of pocket.
    Bf1
    Turning Tides.
    3 terrible maps. 1 meh.

Apocalypse.
    2 useless maps for planes only.
    3 maps of which only passcheandale gave interesting games.

They Shall Not Pass.
    This was the best one,
    6 solid maps.

In the name of the Tsar.
    2 good maps out of 6.

And even though I paid for premium. They were released free for everyone anyway.

BF4...
    China rising. 4 stinkers. But at least we got the L85A2.

Second Assault.
    3 good maps and Metro. Still it was worth putting up with metro to get caspian border back.

Naval Strike.
    I remember these only briefly. They died pretty quick then we’re barely played again. But I THINK I enjoyed one of them.

Dragons Teeth.
    These 4 maps were fairly good if I remember. Usually gave good games.

Final Stand
    Pretty average.

So premium does not promise quality as far as I’m concerned.
  • JediMastaWyn
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The naysayers drove the narrative that premium pass split the community leaving DLC maps empty. Free DLC means we all play happily together. Yeah on the same stale maps from launch supplemented with a few held back game modes, and 2 maps every 6 months. There is always going to be a natural drop off in player numbers but with rental servers and a large map list you keep the 'core' playerbase engaged. BF4 is still alive no!

A game like Battlefield set in WWII was never going to fit in a live service model. The sheer amount of content that players want, Americans, Japanese, Russian, maps, weapons and vehicles. You realistically going to give all that content away for free! Gamemodes are not content. Maps, weapons, vehicles are!

I've heard Some argue that paid DLC maps are poor quality and players revert to the base game maps after a few weeks. Yeah who remembers 'Back to Karkand' or even 'Aftermath' best DLC by a mile in my opinion and it came early into BF3's life. Some maps are going to be good, some bad, depending on your taste. But the variety increases the lifespan of the game.

Instead of switching to this live service DICE should have doubled down and believed in their product and encouraged players purchase premium. Gamings a hobby not a minimum wage job. Like others, I never had an issue with premium and was of a wait and see how the live service pans out. At the moment it's only been a month but the roadmap looks light.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9qzija/the_first_official_battlefield_v_roadmap/
  • ackers75
    2337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah throwing money at this game is gonna improve it lol.
    Is this you dice?
  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    in previous BF games with premium, we get about 30 maps total

bf5 already launched with the fewest starting maps to date (only 8 base maps) and i'm worried we'll only get 5 - 10 more because premium no longer exists

why waste resources on something where ea/dice will not make any money from? they're a business, not a charity

hopefully they'll release BF6 next year otherwise i'm going to get bored easily with so few maps (thanks to no premium).
  • DingoKillr
    3517 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How can you have premium or DLC and not split the community?

After all that was one of the arguments put forward by the yappie community about the TTK change.
  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Kozer213 wrote: »
    I’m already growing bored with the maps in the game.

me too which is why i reinstalled BF4 lol!

now i alternate -- i play BF5 one day and then BF4 the next.
    Gamings a hobby not a minimum wage job. Like others, I never had an issue with premium

my problem with premium is you pay $60 for the game plus another $60 for premium so $120 total which is too much for me.

however, i'm ok with paying $60 for the base game and then $15 2 months later and then another $15 later etc.
  • FourStringBass4
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Look at Battlefront 2. That is what you will be getting in this game. I'd much rather pay for a season pass and have guaranteed content than DICE/EA free model.
  • Masqerader
    631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm fine with TTK2.0. What we really need is more maps like previous Battlefield games. We need steady DLC Map Packs with 4 maps every 4-6 months. I will pay $50 for the premium pass. That was never an issue before. With a free pass, it seems we may not get as much content as previous titles.

How about no? Not having to worry about if Friend A,B having premium pass to join you, or dividing the community even more is dumb.

Every new DLC killed previous maps especially when you needed to play them for assignments and no one was.

This discussion has been closed.