Poll: Ttk 1.0 vs Ttk 2.0 - which one do you prefer?

Comments

• mf_shro0m
    2312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CptGaben wrote: »
    TTK 1.0 every day, 2.0 is just ridiculous, 7-8 hits to kill? Is this airsoft? And now the snipercampers can suck it again :)

Yes, now every class can camp again. Back to Camperfield V.

Could people magically not camp anymore with the slower Ttk?
    Lol
  • mf_shro0m
    2312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn’t mind TTK 2.0 if the TTD was fixed. But on my end it seems the TTD is worse now especially when the KE7 is involved. And pistols don’t seem to be as effective on my end. Also, I play with excellent connection never packe loss and ping is good all day everyday.
    The perfect TTK for this game is somewhere in between.

Using 2.0 as a basis I would make the following changes. Medics would need to be buffed in close and medium range. Supports and Assaults should be buffed in medium range. Scout SLR's should be buffed in Medium and close range. That would bring engagement ranges closer which is a good bi product of 2.0. The lack of Assault and support spam from across the map was cut down considerably by 2.0 and it feels great. You can fight on objectives without the ring of supports and assaults getting free kills while freely shooting those dumb enough to be there.

Using 1.0 as a basis I would come to the same place by nerfing the range of Assault weapons, support weapons and scout SLRs. Again, this would be to reduce the cross map spam that plagues 1.0.

I wouldn't buff Assault or Support at mid range otherwise I'm with you on this. Bring Medics and Scout SLR performance up and we've got ourselves an improved game over TTK 1.0 imo. The pace of the game would potentially increase and that's the main thing that is keeping this game from being as fun as the previous Battlefield's to me. 24/7 corner/bush checking while slow peeking everywhere is boring.

I mean they could also just nerf assaults’ recoil with TTK1 and you’d have the same pretty much
  • BaronVonGoon
    7025 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Battlefield never had a long ttk with the exception of the 14 months after BF1 released which was corrected in February with BF1TTK2.0.

Battlefield has always had a relatively fast ttk. Why this even a topic of contention the last year? BF1 on release for 14 months afterwards was an exception and again it was corrected.

It's a franchise with longer engagement distances than any other first person shooter. I don't understand why no one takes the time to make calculations.

-The Huot was a gun of average popularity in BF1.
    -It excelled at medium range.
    -It's ttk at 50 metres was 573 milliseconds.
    -573 milliseconds that is... If you didnt miss any shots.
    -That's half a frigging second.
    -Consider this, the average player had a 22% accuracy with it.
    -So it took the average player 2.5 seconds to get a kill with the Huot at 50 metres.
    -Battlefield has long engagement distances you have to factor that in when you design the gunplay and TTK system. No one likes to shoot marshmallows for 2 seconds only for the target to get behind cover. That's not satisfying gunplay, I don't understand how anyone can argue otherwise.

This is what you long ttk people want?

Thank God Dice doesn't listen to you.
  • 78-Myers
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    The poll’s in the link

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/239131-battlefield-v/77304751#1

Please let others, including those who’ve stopped playing, know about this poll so it’ll be as comprehensive as possible. If they haven’t tried both TTKs tell them to try both first and not to rush to a conclusion. The new TTK system goes both ways and so won’t particularly benefit less good players across the board in any way other than letting them live fractions of a second longer each life before they get killed.
    In fact in terms of KD, this might even make it worse for less good players as now if they (person A) get the jump on a good player (person B, the good player’s now more likely to have the time to turn around and kill them first

It's going back the way it was at launch.no core mode original TTK.dice released a statement today .look it up
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I prefer the first. I feel rusty as hell after the week off though. I hope they don't do something like that again. Took a long time to adjust to the pace of the game. Took a long time to learn how to play solo with random squads. Took a while to learn how to aim better after the auto rotation removal. I was pretty much just about enjoying it and getting adapted to it all then they pulled the carpet from under my feet. Can't play for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ now hahaha. I'll be sweet when I warm up but it's annoying when you'd just started to really get into the game. I don't think i'll stick around if they drastically alter the game again cos as they know, it's not easy to play, so why punish the people who are committed to putting the time in by keep changing things that's don't really need changing. Especially after such a long period of being part of the game.
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTK 1.0 every day, 2.0 is just ridiculous, 7-8 hits to kill? Is this airsoft? And now the snipercampers can suck it again :)

Lol

Well based on what I witnessed in BF1 there was still plenty of camping going on even with slower TTK. I do think however it is a little harder now to play a more defensive game effectively in BF5 since the TTK change, but part of this is likely because the semi auto rifles were never rebalanced to changes. Also noticed I used the term defensive and not camp as I feel that the term camp or camping is used too often BF5 for the negative connotations associated with it. I'd also like to point out that camping, the toxic kind, such as people sniping from the uncappable areas, from the edges of the map far from the objectives, waiting for tanks and planes to respawn and tanks camping by resupply stations was not effected by the TTK change.
  • Red1Warning
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What modern multiplayer shooter even got slow ttk these days?
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Lol

No, but it wasn't as prevalent.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No, I want a slower TTK like TTK2 in this game offered while keeping the high accuracy of BFV weapons so that overall the average TTK of BFV is still lower than BF1. Plus keep the focus on landing headshots, with all weapon types, not just bolt actions.

TTK2 in this game felt great for some of the weapons. Clearly others did not fare as well with the change and needed rebalanced around the new TTK.

It was also great having bolt actions be slightly more viable as a result of the change. Now they're back to being useless if you're not Stodeh or camping on a hill a mile away.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield never had a long ttk with the exception of the 14 months after BF1 released which was corrected in February with BF1TTK2.0.

Battlefield has always had a relatively fast ttk. Why this even a topic of contention the last year? BF1 on release for 14 months afterwards was an exception and again it was corrected.

It's a franchise with longer engagement distances than any other first person shooter. I don't understand why no one takes the time to make calculations.

-So it took the average player 2.5 seconds to get a kill with the Huot at 50 metres.
    -Battlefield has long engagement distances you have to factor that in when you design the gunplay and TTK system. No one likes to shoot marshmallows for 2 seconds only for the target to get behind cover. That's not satisfying gunplay, I don't understand how anyone can argue otherwise.

I just want people not to camp around the edges of the map with all classes. The last week has been great because that disappeared even though the guns felt so/so. I played for an hour or so this morning and the realization that the TTK had changed back may not have been there for some because people were playing the same way they were with TTK 2.0 and that normal BF playstyle with 1.0 TTK felt really great. There were great battles on the flags, engagement ranges were close to medium for the three main infantry classes with a few annoying scouts taking shots from range. What I'm afraid of is that we'll go back to the camped MG's and Assaults that are red specks on the map when they kill you while you are on the flag trying to play the objective.

Gameplay prior to 2.0 was devolving into everyone playing from BF1 iron site scout ranges, where you kill people from a safe distance from the flag, and then tip your toes on the flag to cap and then retreat to safety. Playing aggressively meant just being another fish in the barrel for some camper.
  • TheInfielder
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just my 2 Cents:

First things first. I paly on PC, 2nd I use ADS in at least 90% of my shooting.

I "sucked" back in release TTK 1.0. Was about 0.7 to 1.2 K/D in most of the games. Never was a friend of camping, so i pushed for the objectives and got killed in (what felt for me like) 1 shot by guys camping (mostly as supports with LMG) somewhere between the objectives. Got anoyed by this destructive style of gameplay and just played once a week for about 2 rounds.

Then came the TTK 2.0 update. Suddenly I was able to go for objectives and get many kills and my K/D went up to about 2.5 to 3.0 while my style of gameplay (nor my skill) did not change. Game was fun for me, because I was rewarded (in my oppinion) for supportive and objective oriented gameplay. Usually I go by a latency of about 18ms. The only problem I had with TTK 2.0 was to down people with more than 3 times my latency (hi pingers with 100+ ms were unkillable for me btw). Same stats I had all the time . Last match yesterday evening with 28-7. V1 and multikill.

Now today the sudden (outtanowhere) reroll back to TTK 1.0 (btw: didn't DICE say they wanted to tell people early in advance when major changes make it into the game after the introduction of TTK 2.0?). Now not even 16 hours after my 28-7 round I suddenly don't hit crap anymore, and again get downed in (what felt for me like) 1 shot. 1st round I went for 4-12 or something. 2nd round I started with this stupid camping gamestyle I was seeing in the first round and went for 7-0, started to go for objkectives again and ended up with 9-13. I quit the third round when I was headshoted out of my plane pilot seat by an AA... The fun is gone again.

So I assume:

1. Either I suck.
    2. My prefered gameplay style is not the right one for this game.
    3. Server latencey and netcode is just plain screwed up for low latency players.
    4. I need the TTK 2.0 version to compete against.
    5. The game prefers players who hip fire with fast guns or are camping somewhere with bipoded LMG.

DICE doesnt want to split the community, so they reversed the change of TTK. I think this means for the community that the guys who are happy with TTK 2.0 will continue to play. Players like me will stop playing and will leave for another game. New players won't join the game on long terms, due to frustration and the community will decrease...

What i would like to have:

"Core-Servers" with TTK 2.0 settings.

See you!
  • BaronVonGoon
    7025 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I just want people not to camp around the edges of the map with all classes. The last week has been great because that disappeared even though the guns felt so/so. I played for an hour or so this morning and the realization that the TTK had changed back may not have been there for some because people were playing the same way they were with TTK 2.0 and that normal BF playstyle with 1.0 TTK felt really great. There were great battles on the flags, engagement ranges were close to medium for the three main infantry classes with a few annoying scouts taking shots from range. What I'm afraid of is that we'll go back to the camped MG's and Assaults that are red specks on the map when they kill you while you are on the flag trying to play the objective.

Gameplay prior to 2.0 was devolving into everyone playing from BF1 iron site scout ranges, where you kill people from a safe distance from the flag, and then tip your toes on the flag to cap and then retreat to safety. Playing aggressively meant just being another fish in the barrel for some camper.

I don't know man. I don't notice any difference between the two in terms of how gameplay flows and viable playstyles (Defensive playstyles and camping are the same.) Gunplay less satisfying.

Alot of people are associating the sour taste from TTD, the spotting bug, lack of footstep audio, and the awful netcode with TTK 1.0. The things you mentioned the camping, the super defensive playstyle you kind of have to play that way right now, you get destroyed if you don't. It's all product of the TTD bug, no awareness due to no footstep audio, netcode, and the spotting bug (That's gone now so there's some improvement). The fast ttk amplifies all this. But i don't think the fast ttk should be the first thing we abandon. It's the chicken and the egg. Fix the damned TTD, footsteps, and the ugly netcode and then we'll see if ttk is also something that needs to be adjusted.

But to change it before all these things... Why? It's the gunplay system they designed specifically for this game, the balancing is done based on it, it's the system they pumped up all summer and put it in the sales pitch to sell us on this game, their vision for the gunplay the last year, just dump it down the toilet? Makes no sense whatsoever. I didn't even touch on slow vs fast ttk because that's another point entirely.
  • theONEFORCE
    Just my 2 Cents:

First things first. I paly on PC, 2nd I use ADS in at least 90% of my shooting.

I "sucked" back in release TTK 1.0. Was about 0.7 to 1.2 K/D in most of the games. Never was a friend of camping, so i pushed for the objectives and got killed in (what felt for me like) 1 shot by guys camping (mostly as supports with LMG) somewhere between the objectives. Got anoyed by this destructive style of gameplay and just played once a week for about 2 rounds.

Then came the TTK 2.0 update. Suddenly I was able to go for objectives and get many kills and my K/D went up to about 2.5 to 3.0 while my style of gameplay (nor my skill) did not change. Game was fun for me, because I was rewarded (in my oppinion) for supportive and objective oriented gameplay. Usually I go by a latency of about 18ms. The only problem I had with TTK 2.0 was to down people with more than 3 times my latency (hi pingers with 100+ ms were unkillable for me btw). Same stats I had all the time . Last match yesterday evening with 28-7. V1 and multikill.

Now today the sudden (outtanowhere) reroll back to TTK 1.0 (btw: didn't DICE say they wanted to tell people early in advance when major changes make it into the game after the introduction of TTK 2.0?). Now not even 16 hours after my 28-7 round I suddenly don't hit crap anymore, and again get downed in (what felt for me like) 1 shot. 1st round I went for 4-12 or something. 2nd round I started with this stupid camping gamestyle I was seeing in the first round and went for 7-0, started to go for objkectives again and ended up with 9-13. I quit the third round when I was headshoted out of my plane pilot seat by an AA... The fun is gone again.

So I assume:

1. Either I suck.
    2. My prefered gameplay style is not the right one for this game.
    3. Server latencey and netcode is just plain screwed up for low latency players.
    4. I need the TTK 2.0 version to compete against.
    5. The game prefers players who hip fire with fast guns or are camping somewhere with bipoded LMG.

DICE doesnt want to split the community, so they reversed the change of TTK. I think this means for the community that the guys who are happy with TTK 2.0 will continue to play. Players like me will stop playing and will leave for another game. New players won't join the game on long terms, due to frustration and the community will decrease...

What i would like to have:

"Core-Servers" with TTK 2.0 settings.

See you!

This kind of sums up what I was saying. I wasn't getting destroyed in 1.0 but I was always getting killed by "Super Defensive Players" as they're called instead of campers. My KD moved from a 2.75 to a 2.81 after they switched to 2.0 so not a huge change but my anger went down considerably. Like I went from screaming wtf every couple of minutes to laughing and having a good time with the occasional WTF.

I don't know man. I don't notice any difference between the two in terms of how gameplay flows and viable playstyles (Defensive playstyles and camping are the same.) Gunplay less satisfying.

Alot of people are associating the sour taste from TTD, the spotting bug, lack of footstep audio, and the awful netcode with TTK 1.0. The things you mentioned the camping, the super defensive playstyle you kind of have to play that way right now, you get destroyed if you don't. It's all product of the TTD bug, no awareness due to no footstep audio, netcode, and the spotting bug (That's gone now so there's some improvement). The fast ttk amplifies all this. But i don't think the fast ttk should be the first thing we abandon. It's the chicken and the egg. Fix the damned TTD, footsteps, and the ugly netcode and then we'll see if ttk is also something that needs to be adjusted.

But to change it before all these things... Why? It's the gunplay system they designed specifically for this game, the balancing is done based on it, it's the system they pumped up all summer and put it in the sales pitch to sell us on this game, their vision for the gunplay the last year, just dump it down the toilet? Makes no sense whatsoever. I didn't even touch on slow vs fast ttk because that's another point entirely.

This game with 1.0 definitely favors Defensive play or Flanking play only unless you clan stack. My other friends that push objectives don't play this game. They quit within a few days. Pushing objectives was a viable play style in 2.0 and it worked this morning but my guess is that in a week or so it won't be a viable play style anymore. I guess the people that didn't stop playing this game immediately either like the campy, slow play style or they're powering through it hoping that some netcode or weapon balance change will make it better. If it goes back to how it was I'm not sure how long I'll play this. I don't really enjoy crouch walking around the map looking for camped out LMGs behind some tree.
  • mf_shro0m

Lol

I think that was a temporary thing as players wanted to test out TTK2 properly.

After a coupla weeks once the less good players have been headshotted by bunny hopping players they’d already shot a bunch of times too many times, they’d have gone back to camping on the edges of maps.
    The thing with TTK 2 is that there would still be good players and bad players who just keep dying.
  • SirBobdk
    5120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Camperfield is back, what a disappointing day.
  • theONEFORCE

Lol

I think that was a temporary thing as players wanted to test out TTK2 properly.

After a coupla weeks once the less good players have been headshotted by bunny hopping players they’d already shot a bunch of times too many times, they’d have gone back to camping on the edges of maps.
    The thing with TTK 2 is that there would still be good players and bad players who just keep dying.

Only a small percentage of players pay enough attention to the internet to know there was a TTK 1 or 2. The game play shifted naturally over the course of a week and now it will shift back.
  • marroos-SVK
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    I prefer slower TTK. Irony is, that TTK was pretty fast with TTK2, but TTK2 resolved some issues. I mean, you could still kill enemy pretty fast but you had chance to find cover when under fire/ flank enemy without being instakilled. Now, with reverted changes and TTK1 (from launch) trying to hide in open fire is almost mission impossible with instakills, hp bars are pointless (3hp or full hp, does not matter) and campers are in their heaven with bipods waiting for their prey to go capture objective.
  • TwEaKeR_7316
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    there is already a comprehensive poll. IT's in the server browser in-game. Click Conquest and Play to vote ttk 2.0. Click Core Conquest and Play to vote ttk 1.0.

Problem with that is I dont get progress in the week two quests there at all - not that that happens often ^^
  • XVNonPlusUltraVX
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    Today is a sad day. I will stop playing this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ nonsense where bad players with crap aim and campers aka defensive players can kill good players easily.
    The irony is that the only game y played lately was the battlefield series. I believe i'm done with videogames because I have played too much battlefield 4 and 1 and i'm bored of them.
  • JBar027
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    The problem that ttk 2.0 was suppose to fix .. (the feeling of being killed in 1 shot) have not ben fixed at all ... you still get owned by the slow server tickrate .. only thing 2.0 is the frustration of tickling enemy for days ....