Fast moving speed vs slow reload/revive animation + Most **** map design of all FPS = BFV

windtear
17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
We all know BF5 is a full-scale downgrade from BF1, but a Battlefield game with maps this idiotically designed? Lead dev doesn't seem to understand what he wants, with the new direction(utterly low IQ) the core experience of BF5 is fast running soldiers, quake championship like pace with TTK of COD, but ironically implemented an extreme slow sim wannabe animation such as reload and revive to contradict the overall pace of the game, as if it would make the game more "realistic" only to find out it looks ridiculous and completely out of place and frustrate players

all 8 maps are some of the smallest, most unbalanced, poorly laid out maps out of any 1st person shooters, inspired by games like quake arena, encourage players running in fast speed in Mazed like structure to capture objective, good camping advantage but somehow combined an extremely **** slow animation system in place that you often would expect from a combat sim, so all maps are extremely unbalanced for all classes in when it comes to their designated advantages

If you want go all out casual, feel free to make a COD with tanks, if you want make a more realistic BF, then while making a such idiotic dudebro revive/reload animation, slow down the running speed or get rid of it at once. At least audience from one side would appreciate it, but now they tried to built the one to end all ultimate casual experience to be fortnight, PUBG and COD and intend to be "more realistic" The result = Epic fail

None of this SJW BS matters if this game was well built like BF1, but not even close, BFV doesn't have an identity of its own.... Stupidity kills
Post edited by windtear on

Comments

• UsainskiSemperFi
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i've never seen better maps in a battlefield games. In new map design you can actually hide in bushes, and flank. Old BF maps are too open , sniper paradise. Maybe that's why i don't like Narvik.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    windtear wrote: »
    We all know BF5 is a full-scale downgrade from BF1, but a Battlefield game with maps this idiotically designed? Lead dev doesn't seem to understand what he wants, with the new direction(utterly low IQ) the core experience of BF5 is fast running soldiers, quake championship like pace with TTK of COD, but ironically implemented an extreme slow sim wannabe animation such as reload and revive to contradict with the overall pace of the game, as if it would make the game more "realistic" only to find out it looks ridiculous and completely out of place and frustrate players

all 8 maps are some of the smallest, most unbalanced, poorly laid out maps out of any 1st person shooters, inspired by games like quake arena, encourage players running in fast speed in Mazed like structure to capture objective, good camping advantage but somehow combined an extremely **** slow animation system in place that you often would expect from a combat sim, so all maps are extremely unbalanced for all classes in when it comes to their designated advantages

If you want go all out casual, feel free to make a COD with tanks, if you want make a more realistic BF, then while making a such idiotic dudebro revive/reload animation, slow down the running speed or get rid of it at once. At least audience from one side would join, but now they tried to built the one to end all ultimate casual experience to be fortnight, PUBG and COD and intend to be "more realistic" The result = Epic fail

None of this SJW BS matters if this game was well built like BF1, but not even close, BFV doesn't have an identity of its own.... Stupidity kills

"We all know BF5 is a full-scale downgrade from BF1..." actually no. I think BF V is an upgrade to that most casual of casualfields that was BF1.
    "all 8 maps are some of the smallest, most unbalanced, poorly laid out maps out of any 1st person shooters" Again: Nope. Hamada is huge. Twisted Steel is pretty big. Panzerstorm is gigantic. Some maps might profit from slight balancing touches, but I find most maps pretty well designed (with the exception of Arras). Not sure what game you are playing.
    I don't agree with anything you've posted. And I do not think that BF1 was well built - most certainly not at the point in its life cycle that BF v is in right now.
  • windtear
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i've never seen better maps in a battlefield games. In new map design you can actually hide in bushes, and flank. Old BF maps are too open , sniper paradise. Maybe that's why i don't like Narvik.

Yet sales & player counts speaks for itself, BFV only released for a month and the player base is nearly identical or lower than the 2 year old BF1, **** map design definitely contribute a large part of it. Small & mindless maze running maps are good for doom & quake championship, not for battlefield games
  • xKusagamix
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Yet sales & player counts speaks for itself, BFV only released for a month and the player base is nearly identical or lower than the 2 year old BF1, **** map design definitely contribute a large part of it. Small & mindless maze running maps are good for doom & quake championship, not for battlefield games
    Because BF1 was overhyped and it's the most casual Battlefield game, nothing more.

BFV by far has better maps design the most of previous Battlefield games, i rarely see any team being wreck at base, and if it happen then that team is total crap and nothing can help, that's the sign of good map design.
  • windtear
    TheSacar wrote: »

"We all know BF5 is a full-scale downgrade from BF1..." actually no. I think BF V is an upgrade to that most casual of casualfields that was BF1.
    "all 8 maps are some of the smallest, most unbalanced, poorly laid out maps out of any 1st person shooters" Again: Nope. Hamada is huge. Twisted Steel is pretty big. Panzerstorm is gigantic. Some maps might profit from slight balancing touches, but I find most maps pretty well designed (with the exception of Arras). Not sure what game you are playing.
    I don't agree with anything you've posted. And I do not think that BF1 was well built - most certainly not at the point in its life cycle that BF v is in right now.

"actually no" wrong, I don't know what game were you playing but this is the most downgraded battlefield of all time, other than that halfbaked raytracking, from visual to audio to weapon & upgrade aresenal(balanced) to maps to content to destructibility to field weapon etc etc, there's no comparison, I will do screenshot comparison if needed, some players even find BF4 looked & played better.

"Hamada is huge" which only comparable to an average size map in BF1 and unbalanced & unfit for most game modes
    "Twisted Steel is pretty big" , pretty small compare to any BF1 maps and poorly designed, indestructible objects on bridge and terrains are idiotically placed and are very inconvenient for vehicles

"Panzerstorm is gigantic" the only big map in BFV, but then **** designed, one-dimensional mindset, 9 parallel flags in 3 rows, no interesting twist like underground tunnels & positioned cannons. marathon simulator for infrantry without vehicles, a tank map except tanks battle in this game is a complete joke compare to other battle field games, 20mm AA have longer ttk than a submahine gun. right.

"Some maps might profit from slight balancing touches" Every map lacks the balancing touch or never thought about it in the first place, running maze maps are assault/medice heaven while others are sniper & bipod camper's paradise

"I think BF V is an upgrade to that most casual of casualfields that was BF1." Speaking of casual, unlimited medic & ammo carter, fortnight style carton fortification, second life, unrealistic/unbalanced COD style weapon upgrade, class change, quake like running speed etc etc sound hardcore alright~~~~
  • windtear
    xKusagamix wrote: »

Because BF1 was overhyped and it's the most casual Battlefield game, nothing more.

BFV by far has better maps design the most of previous Battlefield games, i rarely see any team being wreck at base, and if it happen then that team is total crap and nothing can help, that's the sign of good map design.

"BFV by far has better maps design the most of previous Battlefield games" maybe that's why every game I logged in I got people from both team cruse about the map, and again, player base speaks for itself.

As for hardcore wanna be's defination of "causal", I repeat the above, unlimited medic & ammo carter, fortnight style carton fortification, second life, unrealistic/unbalanced COD style weapon upgrade, class change, quake like running speed etc etc sure seem to be hardcore all right.
  • nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    While this criticism could be more kindly worded, it's not wrong. The game has ridiculous pace in general and then it has these slow animations for doing other things.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @OP I disagree.
    The smaller maps in this game are well designed whilst the larger ones are often to big and open and so encourage camping

You also too often get 2vs2 or 1vs1 shootouts for this to feel like a WWII game
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    nutcrackr wrote: »
    While this criticism could be more kindly worded, it's not wrong. The game has ridiculous pace in general and then it has these slow animations for doing other things.

I think the animations are fine and only the medic revive one needs speeding up.
    For an FPS reloading is actually very reasonable in this. Just look at CoD WWII for comparison
  • Vulgar_cowboy
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Long time by fan who spent many years convincing friends to jump ship from the other lesser fps games to come to battlefield... Not after this steaming ****. Can someone please tell me why bf1 was casual? No decent hardcore? I thought the game overall was a refreshing change up tbh. My fave bf remains 2142 however.
  • windtear
    Long time by fan who spent many years convincing friends to jump ship from the other lesser fps games to come to battlefield... Not after this steaming ****. Can someone please tell me why bf1 was casual? No decent hardcore? I thought the game overall was a refreshing change up tbh. My fave bf remains 2142 however.

-Because in BF1 you can't do 2nd life after took a tiger cannon shell to the face like it's in real life

-because you can't build a lego medic/ammo supply box in 3 secs like fortnight to give you unlimited ammo/medic, too casual

- because in BF1 aim down the sight speed, hip fire accuracy, movement speed in aiming are mandatory with each weapon and can not be be upgraded for 60% faster through lvl & perks like COD, so too casual

- because BF1 maps are too big with towers, bunkers, & houses with 95% destructibility from each side to the foundation, can't camping in a bugged spot with bipod? too casual.

- because BF1's Tanks are too realistic, you can't do men chase tank wielding AP mine anymore, because AA & tank cannon actually hurts, tank can actually runover cars, building and nearly any obstacles, no more run & gun in maze structure around the flag, so too casual.

So according to some nerds, BF1 is "casual" and Quake championship is the ultimate military sim.
  • Fruxen
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    While I have complained about a lot of things in BFV from a gameplay perspective, I actually think the maps overall holds a high standard from a crafting perspective. Map design is much much more complex than most people realize. Theming, player movements and battle flow, psychology, how do players know where to go etc.

Some maps in some modes could use some balance adjustements, but that's the case with every BF game.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Why was BF1 casual?
    - Suppression causing bullet deviation, rewarding people for missing their targets and punishing otherwise accurate players for no good reason
    - Extremely accurate, low recoil, slow overheat LMGs that can snipe enemies across the map.
    - minitanks that turn a single tanker into an infantry farming machine
    - 3d spotting that meant you could rely entirely on others' ability to spot enemies for you, no need to find them yourself.
    - Grenade spam
    - Mortar spam, killing around corners always a good idea.
    - Armored super-soldiers with flame throwers, laser accurate villar perosas, OHK-when-hitting-a-toe tankgewehrs or the spiked club of death.
    - Attack planes that can just rack up kills with enormous splash damage
    - Bombers that can fly out of reach of AA and just spam-bomb objectives
    - No need to hit the head for a OHK for snipers, so long as you camp at the right range
    - Sniper shields for snipers
    - Super fast submachine guns in a WWI setting
    - Handheld AA rockets in a WWI setting
    - Armored horsemen that need to be hit in the head a dozen times before they're dead
    - Game modes that reward zerging
    - Behemoths

and so on.....
  • Vulgar_cowboy
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I even installed bf 3 today to see if it was srill active. It was to my amazement. I had a found on Caspian and it was good, i coukd see im improvements In recent gsmes regarding squad mechanics but it felt good to play, I sucked **** tho as ive now played on my pc in years.
  • SirBobdk
    4017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I even installed bf 3 today to see if it was srill active. It was to my amazement. I had a found on Caspian and it was good, i coukd see im improvements In recent gsmes regarding squad mechanics but it felt good to play, I sucked **** tho as ive now played on my pc in years.
    Make the gunplay, map design and air like BF3 and I'm happy :smile:
  • Kunstula
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I definitely agree with the soldier movement, it doesn't fall in line with the other mechanisms that point to a slower more tactical approach.
    You can easily bullet dodge once again, I hated it with a passion in BF4 and now it's back again. BF1 did this much better.
    I think it's because many players start these ridiculous complaints about 'sluggish' movement when soldiers don't instantly accelerate/decelerate to max speed or standstill, yet DICE should understand that giving soldiers movement as if they have no weight is a very bad combination when many other parts of the game are slowed down.
  • Paxter1978
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We all know BF5 is a full-scale downgrade from BF1, but a Battlefield game with maps this idiotically designed? Lead dev doesn't seem to understand what he wants, with the new direction(utterly low IQ) the core experience of BF5 is fast running soldiers, quake championship like pace with TTK of COD, but ironically implemented an extreme slow sim wannabe animation such as reload and revive to contradict the overall pace of the game, as if it would make the game more "realistic" only to find out it looks ridiculous and completely out of place and frustrate players

If you want go all out casual, feel free to make a COD with tanks, if you want make a more realistic BF, then while making a such idiotic dudebro revive/reload animation, slow down the running speed or get rid of it at once. At least audience from one side would appreciate it, but now they tried to built the one to end all ultimate casual experience to be fortnight, PUBG and COD and intend to be "more realistic" The result = Epic fail

Wow...wanted to stop reading after the first sentence. I agree with TheSacar about everything! Especially grenade spam and mile high bombers bombing with unlimited bombs.

So I do not agree with your post/statement about "We all know BF5 is a full-scale downgrade from BF1." Not we don't all think that..and damn..bfv just came out. With the holidays means fewer staff for bug fixes even though some were working through the holidays.

As for your post about the lowest player base...blame that on advertising. That is where it all got f'd up. Some people didn't even know it was out til they saw multi-player game play on youtube.
    All bf titles started poorly..yes even bf1. If you don't like it..then boohoo. Most of us veterans will stick by and watch the game improve.

I mean come on! Well built as bf1!? Bf1= Zerg>grenade spam, insane amount of ammo, AoE ammo and medical, hardly if any good flanking routes, even worse medics, and to top it off...paid dlc=paid to win. Go join a good platoon who PTFO and communicate and you'll have a way better experience.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Where can I see sales & player base numbers? Can you provide a link?
  • CanonFodder23
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thing is, l quite like a lot of these features in BF1, it made the game fun, something that BFV is seriously lacking
    TheSacar wrote: »

Why was BF1 casual?
    - Suppression causing bullet deviation, rewarding people for missing their targets and punishing otherwise accurate players for no good reason
    - Extremely accurate, low recoil, slow overheat LMGs that can snipe enemies across the map.
    - minitanks that turn a single tanker into an infantry farming machine
    - 3d spotting that meant you could rely entirely on others' ability to spot enemies for you, no need to find them yourself.
    - Grenade spam
    - Mortar spam, killing around corners always a good idea.
    - Armored super-soldiers with flame throwers, laser accurate villar perosas, OHK-when-hitting-a-toe tankgewehrs or the spiked club of death.
    - Attack planes that can just rack up kills with enormous splash damage
    - Bombers that can fly out of reach of AA and just spam-bomb objectives
    - No need to hit the head for a OHK for snipers, so long as you camp at the right range
    - Sniper shields for snipers
    - Super fast submachine guns in a WWI setting
    - Handheld AA rockets in a WWI setting
    - Armored horsemen that need to be hit in the head a dozen times before they're dead
    - Game modes that reward zerging
    - Behemoths

and so on.....