Do people really like the M1 Carbine?

MONEYPYR0
828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Because I, for one, cannot get used to it, or use it very effectively. A lot of praise I see for it, over something like the G43, or Salsabastard, is its high rate of fire. Personally, I dont care if a weapon fires as fast as I pull the trigger if its going to do hardly any damage at all. Can anyone who has good experience with it give me some tips? I really want to like and use it more, but its just not happening currently.

Comments

• JamiePrittPeters
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fire fast. if you don't like that it's not your type of weapon. It fits some people style. It has no limit on how fast you can pull the trigger. Some people like that some people don't. If you like the rate limited fire, use one of the other dmrs. That's really the difference. It's an extra shot at distance because of it but I like it it's worth it
  • Skrukken83
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It feels nerfed in the last few days, kills take more bullets even with old TTK
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1772 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm not a fan of it but if you can sustain almost full rof while tapping ( I can for a good 2-3 hours before finger strain) its fairly viable. Apparently from word of mouth people macro the gun but I dont watch streams or much video content so I visually havent seen it yet. If it is happening dont be that scumbag that does. Just my two cents
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's just the SKS (Spam Kannon Supreme) all over again.

Actually very good if you can consistently nail those double headshots for a ~150ms TTK. You'll beat everything but a shotgun, bolt action headshot or 981rpm Suomi that one frames you (even then, you'll often trade).

I can't, so I only play it when I'm on my game. Otherwise the Turner SMLE does same thing but is more forgiving.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, I like weapons that require a fast trigger finger. It's good but can lack stopping power at certain range. The good thing about it is it's low recoil, that with a fast trigger and you have a decent weapon.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I personally love it , one of my most used weapons till the ribeye rolls came out
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It should do more damage up close, and drop off more at distance. This would make it a better choice for assault.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One of my favorites.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Fire fast. if you don't like that it's not your type of weapon. It fits some people style. It has no limit on how fast you can pull the trigger. Some people like that some people don't. If you like the rate limited fire, use one of the other dmrs. That's really the difference. It's an extra shot at distance because of it but I like it it's worth it
    No wonder I was killed by somebody using rapid fire script with it.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Actually very good if you can consistently nail those double headshots for a ~150ms TTK. You'll beat everything but a shotgun, bolt action headshot or 981rpm Suomi that one frames you (even then, you'll often trade).

I can't, so I only play it when I'm on my game. Otherwise the Turner SMLE does same thing but is more forgiving.

I loved the SKS. How it looked, how it fired, how it sounded. Memories...
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I can either fire weapons as fast as they allow me to, or be accurate, lol. I love rapid fire weapons like that, I'm just generally not good with them.

Honestly, I was better with the SKS, even with my limited use of it. I'm about equal with the Smiley as I am with the M1. But I'm better with the G 1-5 than both for some reason, even though that feels like its a bit faster RoF than the M1.
    Yep, I like weapons that require a fast trigger finger. It's good but can lack stopping power at certain range. The good thing about it is it's low recoil, that with a fast trigger and you have a decent weapon.

The power just feels a little low to me, even at close quarters. I'd rather take the garunteed 3 shot with my G43, than the maybe 4 with thr M1.
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    I personally love it , one of my most used weapons till the ribeye rolls came out

I've got a couple friends who really like using it. Its nowhere near my most used (My G43 takes that spot, lol), but I don't feel like I'll ever use it a ton, even though I want to max every weapon.
    It should do more damage up close, and drop off more at distance. This would make it a better choice for assault.

It doesn't even feel good at close quarters for me, and oh god can I not hit a target 75+m away consistently, lol

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Its definitely not my weapon, but I can see why some of you guys like it. Fast RoF with minimal recoil, and decent (even if it doesn't feel so to me) damage works well for you guys.
  • eb50bass
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I play semi's exclusively as I find them fun to play. I use the M1 and GW 1-5. At distance you really need to be accurate or it's hit marker city. At close range I will lose most 50 50 battles, as my trigger finger is not the fastest. It thrives in the 20-30m range.

Also, I play on console, which I feel is most likely a slower fire rate as it would seem much harder to trigger faster while aiming then tapping a mouse while adjusting aim.
    I could be wrong, but in theory seems to be the case.

Which leads me to think the semi-auto gun balance should be different between pc and console, as the ability to maximize fire rate seems to favor PC. I would love to see console players receive a 1 bullet buff on for the M1 and Gw 1-5 ( the GW-43 and Turner don't have the extra bullets added as distance grows) I know most will not agree.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    eb50bass wrote: »
    I play semi's exclusively as I find them fun to play. I use the M1 and GW 1-5. At distance you really need to be accurate or it's hit marker city. At close range I will lose most 50 50 battles, as my trigger finger is not the fastest. It thrives in the 20-30m range.

Also, I play on console, which I feel is most likely a slower fire rate as it would seem much harder to trigger faster while aiming then tapping a mouse while adjusting aim.
    I could be wrong, but in theory seems to be the case.

Which leads me to think the semi-auto gun balance should be different between pc and console, as the ability to maximize fire rate seems to favor PC. I would love to see console players receive a 1 bullet buff on for the M1 and Gw 1-5 ( the GW-43 and Turner don't have the extra bullets added as distance grows) I know most will not agree.
    If they do this on consoles the people that use mouse on consoles will dominate even more. There are also people using USB dongle devices to run scripts like rapid fire, bust fire, anti-recoil etc. The other day I was killed by a guy with the M1 and it sounded like a mini-gun burst.
  • Norfangl
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you have a good trigger finger, this gun works great. I've been killed many times thinking I've been sniped by a machine gun and it turns out it's just some guy with a scoped M1 Carbine. I've tried it myself and it's pretty decent.
    Is it OP? Not really, you just need to be able to shoot fast.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you play on console ewhen using the m1a1.

A. Swap your r1 and r2 buttons sonyoubfire with r1 and you can fire faster than with r2

B. Turn the threshold on r2(common fire button) to 50ish % sonyoubdont have to push it as far to fire. And can then hit it quicker to fire it faster
  • ProAssassin2003
    3865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a Beast. If I want to boost my KDR I use it.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It has no limit on how fast you can pull the trigger.

You can definitely max out the rate of fire. It takes 7.65 clicks per second. That's not that hard to reach.