Soldiers in armory

ColesFlexili
179 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Is there a reason why the soldier skins in the armory dont wear helmets? when i buy a soldier skin with my coins i would like to know what headgear comes with it.

Comments

• Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can check that from Your Company -> Change Appearance. Not ideal, but that's how it is. I would like to have an option to take the headgear off.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Most soldier sets don't come with specific headgear.

Stuff like the class mastery sets (Scottish Play, Hades, etc) do, but Armory sets (The Writer, The Vlakeryie, etc) are just pants and a top, with headgear being separate, like the Axis Cap, or the Winter Brodie.
  • ColesFlexili
    but i see a lot of headgear in the game that is nowhere in my cosimization options or the armory
  • Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    but i see a lot of headgear in the game that is nowhere in my cosimization options or the armory

Could be a tanker or a pilot? I've been running into a Red Beret a couple of times. I believe that might be a tanker.
  • Catsonspeeed
    And then there are the Deluxe Edition stuff as well, paratroopers.
  • ColesFlexili
    edited December 2018
    there were special skins in the deleuxe edition? i thought they were just the outfits from the armory. -.-
    with what justification do you develop and design content just to cut it out on day one for extra money?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. EA has learned NOTHING. next game will be pay to win again i can smell it already
  • ColesFlexili
    nice to know that i baught a cut-down version of the game for full price.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Dude, its just some soldiers sets, calm down, lol. They're basically all just unique recolors of sets in the game. Its not that big a deal. If you ever have $20 to spare, you can upgrade to Deluxe, and get 5 of the sets. You could've also gotten 2 for free just by playing BF1/4.
  • BiscuitFrenzy
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have the Deluxe and I don't use any of the soldier sets that came with it, their camo is generally a bit bright. The Uncommon and Rare variants of the base game soldier sets look better and more realistic in my opinion.
  • MONEYPYR0
    I have the Deluxe and I don't use any of the soldier sets that came with it, their camo is generally a bit bright. The Uncommon and Rare variants of the base game soldier sets look better and more realistic in my opinion.

Honestly, I dont think the camo helps much in this game at all. BF3/4 camo was fairly effective on Hardcore. Besides, all the Ally paratrooper sets are desert camo, while 3 of the 4 German sets are more city/rainy forest, and the 4th German set is full on woodlands
  • ColesFlexili
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

Dude, its just some soldiers sets, calm down, lol. They're basically all just unique recolors of sets in the game. Its not that big a deal. If you ever have $20 to spare, you can upgrade to Deluxe, and get 5 of the sets. You could've also gotten 2 for free just by playing BF1/4.

No dude its CONTENT and this game has a severe lack of CONTENT and they still cut out CONTENT to get more money. and thats just wrong after all the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ they got for a certain game that probably cant even be mentioned without a warning by a moderator.
  • MONEYPYR0

No dude its CONTENT and this game has a severe lack of CONTENT and they still cut out CONTENT to get more money. and thats just wrong after all the **** they got for a certain game that probably cant even be mentioned without a warning by a moderator.

It isn't anything game changing though. They didnt keep a weapon from you, nor something like an XP boost. Soldier sets do not give you any significant advantage over other players.

Quit your whining.
  • ColesFlexili
    edited December 2018
    you really think that justifies anything? they still cut out something that would have made the game better for extra money. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ practice is what this is.
    ergo they dont care about how good the game is and instdead focus on money
    i bought the game cause i was promised no extra payed content and then theres this extra content i did not get for the FULL price of the game
  • Blakkwolfe
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you really think that justifies anything? they still cut out something that would have made the game better for extra money. **** practice is what this is.
    ergo they dont care about how good the game is and instdead focus on money
    i bought the game cause i was promised no extra payed content and then theres this extra content i did not get for the FULL price of the game

They didn't keep anything from you. You can still get those sets, you just have to spend company coins to get them.
  • ColesFlexili
    nope THESE sets are exclusively Deluxe ONLY. the soldier sets in the armory are something different. but i thought the same. thats why i bought the game
  • Blakkwolfe
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    nope THESE sets are exclusively Deluxe ONLY. the soldier sets in the armory are something different. but i thought the same. thats why i bought the game

Well that sucks. Guess I'll never get those two last sets then (unless you can still do road to bf5 or whatever it's called).
  • ColesFlexili
    Blakkwolfe wrote: »

Well that sucks. Guess I'll never get those two last sets then (unless you can still do road to bf5 or whatever it's called).

however it is it will cost money. they know people love to custimize their characters and they will make money off of it and if its the last thing they do before bancruptcy.
  • MONEYPYR0
    Alright man, you're clearly unreasonable, and have the mentality of a 5 year old who doesn't get the toy they really reaaaaaally want, so I'm gonna hop off this thread
  • ColesFlexili
    edited December 2018
    "youre dumb and im not gonna listen to you any longer" thats so grownup. i made a point. they advertised that there will be NO extra payed content and then they cut out content for extra money what is it that you dont understand?
    and your "reasoning" is " hey you can pay for it"
  • BiscuitFrenzy
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Honestly, I dont think the camo helps much in this game at all. BF3/4 camo was fairly effective on Hardcore. Besides, all the Ally paratrooper sets are desert camo, while 3 of the 4 German sets are more city/rainy forest, and the 4th German set is full on woodlands

Once you unlock them the rare variants of sets like the Highlander are darker camos. I don’t think colour matters too much (although the red german paratrooper set sticks out like a sore thumb) but I think shade does, anything too light or too dark will make it easier for the enemy to spot you.
    I’m not saying it makes a huge difference but every little helps.

Either its taking most people a long time to unlock the stupider-looking stuff or most people are showing remarkable restraint, I must say.